Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 15th April 2010, 22:20   #16
BHPian

The painters are truly blessed. Rural Karnataka actually has a lot of talent.
I'm sure these guys will be praised for a long time to come. Will surely chat with the guys if i see them on the road.

The other day a painter who had come down to paint my place told me that he's from around Raichur. Poor chap has studied arts and has also done some course in painting from a private institution.

But now all he does in bangalore is paint walls in a single shade. Things people have to sacrifice to make a living.
bornin70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 01:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Its lovely to see some brightness on the walls of flyovers . It so reminded me of the graffiti type paintings painted on the walls i saw while going from to Venice to Rome by train.Nice initiative.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 10:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

This is one good initiative by the BBMP. I really admire the work done by these painters. But, I hope these paintings are also maintained well. With time and weather, these will get dirty and look bad.
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote