Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 12:17   #1
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 131
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Hyderabad BHPians - Pls advice - Travelling to Hyderabad on 24th April

Dear Guys,

I am travelling to Hyderabad this 24th i.e. 24.04.10,for a personal work,along with my Mother.

The following is my itinerary

1. I arrive at the Hyderbad airport at 9:35 A.M (from Chennai).
2. From the airport I need to go Secundarabad (which I believe is 25kms away) and might spend 60-90 mins to complete my personal work. How long would it take?
3. The return flight is at 7:05 P.M to Chennai.

I require assistance in the following.

1. I require a cab(preferably A.C) to use during my 1 day visit to Hyderabad. Could somebody recommend a good cab service,which you are aware of,that I could potentially use? What are the rates? Are there any good deals? Worst case I may have to book something in the airport,which I want to avoid.


2. I guess, I would need to return back to the airport around 6:00 P.M. Could we visit any pearl market(my Mother is interested) nearby and also could you recommend any good restaurants to have lunch(preferably a veg. one)?

3. We would also visit Birla Mandir,it's quite close to the place that we would be visiting in Secundarabad. What are the timings for Birla Mandir?

I am not planning to book any hotel for our visit as we would be outside most of the time.

Cheers
roadracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 12:24   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,189 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
Dear Guys,

I am travelling to Hyderabad this 24th i.e. 24.04.10,for a personal work,along with my Mother.

The following is my itinerary

1. I arrive at the Hyderbad airport at 9:35 A.M (from Chennai).
2. From the airport I need to go Secundarabad (which I believe is 25kms away) and might spend 60-90 mins to complete my personal work. How long would it take?
3. The return flight is at 7:05 P.M to Chennai.

I require assistance in the following.

1. I require a cab(preferably A.C) to use during my 1 day visit to Hyderabad. Could somebody recommend a good cab service,which you are aware of,that I could potentially use? What are the rates? Are there any good deals? Worst case I may have to book something in the airport,which I want to avoid.


2. I guess, I would need to return back to the airport around 6:00 P.M. Could we visit any pearl market(my Mother is interested) nearby and also could you recommend any good restaurants to have lunch(preferably a veg. one)?

3. We would also visit Birla Mandir,it's quite close to the place that we would be visiting in Secundarabad. What are the timings for Birla Mandir?

I am not planning to book any hotel for our visit as we would be outside most of the time.

Cheers
1. Airport to Secunderabad is 35kms away

2. Please call JustDial Hyderabad ( 040-24444444) and take the numbers of cab services. If its indica, you can book Yellow Cabs, I think their rates are Rs.12/KM

3. If your in secunderabad, you can visit "UTSAV" for Lunch, its one of the best veg restuarants in twin cities. Its next to Lamba Theatre in Secbad

4. You can visit Jagdamba Pearls in Basheerbagh for buying Pearl necklace. Its about 2kms away from Birla Mandir.

5. Birla Mandir from Secbad would be approximately 6-8kms

To ensure you dont make a rush effort. Finish everything by 5pm and head to airport which usually takes 1 hour so your in time to catch your flight back home.

Hope this helps !
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 12:53   #3
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 131
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

@mobike008 Thank you very much for the quick response.

Cheers
roadracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 19:11   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 300
Thanked: 82 Times
Default

Mobike has answered all of your queries and I agree with him on his replies. Yellow Cabs are one of the best cab services in Hyderabad.
ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 21:28   #5
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 131
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

mobike008 & ottocylcle,

I would prefer some kind of package dealing say 5 hours/50KMS - Rs500(just an example) rather than metered taxis as metered taxis would turn out to be expensive.

Are there any good cab services which offer these type of dealings? I would anyway give a ring to Yellow Cabs tomorrow to enquire about their tariffs.

Cheers
roadracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 09:43   #6
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 131
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Just called up Yellow Taxi. They have a 7hour/7Km/Rs850 package(Non-AC) and Rs10 for every extra km. Sounds reasonable to me.
roadracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 09:55   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,647
Thanked: 1,953 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
Just called up Yellow Taxi. They have a 7hour/7Km/Rs850 package(Non-AC) and Rs10 for every extra km. Sounds reasonable to me.
Whoaa!!! guess its bit expensive compared to Chennai. In Chennai, they charge about 8 hours 850 for non A/C Indica
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 12:37   #8
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 131
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Whoaa!!! guess its bit expensive compared to Chennai. In Chennai, they charge about 8 hours 850 for non A/C Indica
err..it should have been 7 hr/70km and not 7 km.

On another note,just received a call from Maruthi Travels(Hyderabad). The agent says their tariff is 8hrs/80KM/Rs800 for Indica (A.C). This seems to be a very good deal. Will speak to him again as their web-site that the meter starts/ends at their Garage and their garage could be 30kms from the airport
roadracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 14:35   #9
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,189 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
err..it should have been 7 hr/70km and not 7 km.

On another note,just received a call from Maruthi Travels(Hyderabad). The agent says their tariff is 8hrs/80KM/Rs800 for Indica (A.C). This seems to be a very good deal. Will speak to him again as their web-site that the meter starts/ends at their Garage and their garage could be 30kms from the airport
Thats ridiculous.IMO, the best way is to get down at Hyd Airport and walk out and down towards McDonald Restuarant.

Here you will find a lot of cab fellows waiting. Just speak to them 1-1 and arrange yourself a deal, it will work out much cheaper. I know because i find most of them desperate for business and its just a matter of negotiation and maybe 15-20 mins of your time.

Tell them you need their service for the whole day and ask for a complete package

Airport to Paradise : 35km
Paradise to Hotel Utsav : 2km
Hotel Utsav to Basheerbagh : 8kms
Basheerbagh to Airport : 35kms

Total Approximately : 80kms

So talk to the cab for a maximum of 90kms package and i am sure they will agree to Rs.10/KM which will be reasonable.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 14:56   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,647
Thanked: 1,953 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
err..it should have been 7 hr/70km and not 7 km.
Oh!!! 7 hour 70 Kms is good deal & cheaper than Chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
Will speak to him again as their web-site that the meter starts/ends at their Garage and their garage could be 30kms from the airport
Right, beware of these tactics.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advice : Travelling to China naveen.raju Route / Travel Queries 22 24th January 2017 14:44
Beijing International Automotive Exhibition. 20th - 24th April 2014 ad3952n The International Automotive Scene 30 26th April 2014 19:27
Pls Help on ID Proof - Minors travelling in Train without identification aargee Shifting gears 25 20th April 2010 09:27
Travelling from Hyderabad to Chennai, Need No Objection Certificate? Swordfish Shifting gears 17 17th February 2010 15:29
pls pls wear helmets!!! ns_jughead Street Experiences 35 3rd August 2009 15:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks