Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 29th May 2010, 18:45   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I am sure you are referring to me, I named my Fortuner White Elephant in my initial ownership thread. What else would have been a better name- Bull, Beast, Monster, Dog, Cat??? This is a HUGE SUV, it can run over Bulls and Bears. The name was later changed to Mammoth considering public demand.

Yes i knew the meaning of White Elephant in English dictionary.

No no one in particular.. just seen a couple of threads in the ownership review.

BTW, you might want to call a white Fortuner "White Rhino" That name actually in my view suits that huge SUV better.

All in good humor man

Last edited by DCEite : 29th May 2010 at 18:52.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 18:49   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
BTW, you might want to call a white Fortuner "White Rhino" That name actually in my view suits that huge SUV better.
I remember seeing a White Lightning thread. It was a white SUV, don't remember whether Fortuner or Scorpio.
sbraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 21:11   #33
BHPian

Well to be honest, I find the idea of naming cars ridiculous. But I did it anyway because everyone else is doing it. And to catch attention in the "Test Drives" section, of course.
rajushank84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 21:18   #34
Senior - BHPian

Everyone wants people to read and pay attention to their new pride and joy.So a catchy name and a nice write up does that job.Absolutely no harm in doing so.
A BMW 320d is named reine fruede/pure joy.That was nice.
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 02:42   #35
BHPian

Default Have you named your Car / Bike yet?

We all love our cars like we love our family and friends and sometimes even more. We treat it a like a little baby, take care of it like a father, love to spend time with it, are upset when it's gotta problem and hate it when it misbehaves. With the lifestyle demands of today, some of us actually spend more time commuting in their car then they do at home or at work. Well if that's the case, why call it a Chevy or a Fiat, a Figo or a Punto. Why use a brand or the make or the why simply call it 'CAR'.

Let's just give your car it's 'NAME'. The name your subconscious mind already calls it but you haven't made it public. The name you can use to communicate with your car; and, perhaps can even 'negotiate' with them; or even 'plead' with them to cooperate or to say "Name! just keep going until we reach a garage"!

I am sure some of you have already named your car and I am going to do it too this week. I have a few names in mind but need to get it approved from family before I disclose but till then would love to hear from you folks as to "How you call your car?"

Mods: Tried searching for similar threads on the forums but could not find one, so please delete it or move it relevant section as appropriate.
markmytravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 21:35   #36
BHPian

Default Re: Have you named your Car / Bike yet?

This is one thread i am looking for.

I own a first generation silver unicorn and I have named her "MIST"

I just love her and her name. Everyday i start with a good morning misty and end with GN love u da..

I am sure some of you have already named your car and I am going to do it too this week. I have a few names in mind but need to get it approved from family before I disclose but till then would love to hear from you folks as to "How you call your car?"

Mods: Tried searching for similar threads on the forums but could not find one, so please delete it or move it relevant section as appropriate.[/quote]
barathvajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 22:12   #37
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have named mine Iceberg. An Artic Pearl White Swift Dzire.
dushmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 22:33   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barathvajan View Post
This is one thread i am looking for.

I own a first generation silver unicorn and I have named her "MIST"

I just love her and her name. Everyday i start with a good morning misty and end with GN love u da..

Mods: Tried searching for similar threads on the forums but could not find one, so please delete it or move it relevant section as appropriate.
[/quote]

Why MIST? Just curious as I really liked the name
Old 10th January 2011, 09:54   #39
BHPian

Default Re: Why and How do you choose the name of your car??

"Venom" is the name of my Swift \m/

One of my favourite metal bands
deathwalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 15:37   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmytravel View Post
We all love our cars like we love our family and friends and sometimes even more.
==============
I have named it 'COOKIE'. The light gold sweetheart sure gives the same feeling as a chocolate cookie.
Old 6th November 2012, 08:52   #41
Senior - BHPian

Talking about the name of my 800, though it has no official name, it is popularly called the Ferrari from the time I stuck two stickers, one in front and back side.

For most of my friends, it is a point of ridicule and they ask me if I still own my 'Ferrari'.

Also the alternate name is 'Ambulance' since it has transported the maximum number of friends in distress (falls, accidents) thus evoking a lot of love for my ride.
girishglg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 09:06   #42
BHPian

I've named my car 'Bumblebee', and NO, It's not a yellow Camaro. It's a white Hyundai i20.
neerajpv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 09:27   #43
BHPian

My 2012 Swift is named "SUZIE". Natural choice And sounds like a hot babe Which she is of course!! Check her out!
Attached Thumbnails
Why and How do you choose the name of your car??-pic-1.jpg  

arindambasu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 11:08   #44
BHPian

Though I had/have a personal attachment with all my cars (past and present) but the idea of having a name for any of them did not come to my mind earlier.

However, when I purchased a BNW Linea in July' 2012, my son named it "White Knight" meaning someone or something that rescues or saves another person or thing from a bad situation. However, this term is normally used in business parlance.
Sommos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 16:00   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Jay,
Awesome thread!
I have named every vehicle i've owned till now :P
I bought my Bullet first and call it Sheroo.
So, when Gypsy came home, it was named Veeroo (it rhymes )
Pinging an old member for his post. Do you by any chance work for Mahindra and Mahindra or helped them name XUV five-double-oo, boler-o, scorpi-o ??
AlphaKilo is offline   Reply With Quote