Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 20th July 2015, 23:39   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Neighbor causing a lot of trouble - What should I do?

Ok here are some of the things I followed to resolve the issue.

* Spoke to the owner. He didn't comply. Fortunately some of our family friends worked in respectable positions in local municipality. So through them we reached the Pollution control board, also through them we mediated with owner.

* In some weeks, we made the PCB issue notice to him.

* I was told by the people in Municipality that the owner approached them with bribe but they refuted.

* Since he received notice from PCB and since the local Municipality was against him, he eventually vacated the garment factory.

My suggestion to you will be -

* Go to the building owner, and place your concern. Take an elder to put forward the concern. Observe and be firm in places where you have to, never lose your cool.

* While you are in the process of discussing with him, parallelly contact your local municipality and also the PCB. Start initiating the formal steps to bring the tower down.

* Unfortunately in cases like these, the best we can hope is for the owner to be considerate. Check how he is dealing with it. Based on that you have to take the future course of action. Unfortunately, in India strong offense is what works the most time. I wish and hope the owner is considerate.

Do post the update once you discuss with the owner. We can then discuss the next course of action.

My guess is that the owner will oblige, since the money he will earn from renting for tower will be far less from what he will earn from the whole building. But hey watch out, he can come up with the theory that he already signed the lease with tele operator for so and so period. Anyways, for now go with the steps I mentioned.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 20th July 2015 at 23:43.
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote