Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2014, 23:15   #106
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,349
Thanked: 8,166 Times
Default Re: 1950's, 60's and 70's Hindi songs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
PS: Ampere Hi. Omar Khayyam " Dead yesterday unborn tomorrow why fret about them if today be sweet. Strongly believe it. My point was about the country. Rgds
Of course! As I slowly see, my own tastes have been changing over times. Even though Shankar Jaikishan , SD Burman and Salil Chowdhary have been the eternal favourites with their orchestrations, the inclination has slowly started to move towards Naushad as well. Especially the Dilip Kumar, Naushad, Shakeel and Rafi. Some of the most amazing brooding songs ever to grace.

Last week heard: Guzare Hain Aaj Ishq Mein.. (Dil Diya Dard Liya)
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2014, 10:07   #107
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,428
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: 1950's, 60's and 70's Hindi songs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

"Naino me Badara Chaye" is a classic Madan Mohan with Raja Mehndi Ali Khan.
Was listening to this song during my drive from Chikamagalur to BLR yesterday. Wonderful song by Lata.

Thanks to me listening to all the music from 50s and 60s, my 9 year old daughter has started to like them and wants to listen only to "old songs".
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2014, 14:38   #108
Senior - BHPian
 
mallumowgli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Palakkad/Coimbatore
Posts: 1,087
Thanked: 684 Times
Default Re: 1950's, 60's and 70's Hindi songs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
the inclination has slowly started to move towards Naushad as well. Especially the Dilip Kumar, Naushad, Shakeel and Rafi. Some of the most amazing brooding songs ever to grace.
My similar discovery was Anil Biswas - During my college days in the 90s in Coimbore there was a music shop owned by a Guajarati. They used to have almost all old songs collection. I used to write down my favourite songs and get it recorded in cassettes at this shop (It also helped that the owner had a beautiful daughter ). I found that more often my favourite oldies were of Anil Biswas.

But it was quite recently that I found this song - what a sweet tune, you feel that the song is wafting out from somewhere unknown

Mukesh and Lata

mallumowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2014, 16:11   #109
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dombivli/Gurgao
Posts: 2,602
Thanked: 1,119 Times
Default

If you want to experience the magic that's Lata, check out the song from Aamrapali: Tumhe Yaad Karte Karte.
honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2014, 23:27   #110
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: mumbai
Posts: 450
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: 1950's, 60's and 70's Hindi songs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
My similar discovery was Anil Biswas - During my college days in the 90s in Coimbore there was a music shop owned by a Guajarati. They used to have almost all old songs collection. I used to write down my favourite songs and get it recorded in cassettes at this shop (It also helped that the owner had a beautiful daughter ). I found that more often my favourite oldies were of Anil Biswas.

But it was quite recently that I found this song - what a sweet tune, you feel that the song is wafting out from somewhere unknown

Mukesh and Lata

Mallumowgli
Hi
I have posted a couple of songs one from Tarana and one Talat with Suraiya. Both great.
Here is Lata's favourite Enjoy.


Another unknown gem of Lata's (my elder sister's favourite)


Regards.
PS: Helped? That should be the primary reason
PPS: Ampere Hi. Dil Diya.. did not do well at the BO. One interesting point I remember. 2 different students of English honors( I was doing Logic and Metaphysics) loved this.
Deepakhon. This is for your daughter. Maybe the first rap song

Last edited by faustus77 : 29th December 2014 at 23:35.
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 13:58   #111
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,349
Thanked: 8,166 Times
Default Re: 1950's, 60's and 70's Hindi songs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
My similar discovery was Anil Biswas - During my college days in the 90s in Coimbore there was a music shop owned by a Guajarati.
All the source to my findings has been my dad and the ever dependable radio. There used to be All India Radio Urdu service and Shortwave and Medium Wave. (Dont know if its still there). Apart from that Radio Ceylon and Vivid Bharathi.


Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
If you want to experience the magic that's Lata, check out the song from Aamrapali: Tumhe Yaad Karte Karte.
+1. As I mentioned earlier, it was the era of Swinging Shammi. And in that age despite the Rock and Jazz it was a commendable performance by Shankar-Jaikishan. Each one of Lata's is a classic from that movie.

Another of Lata's classic which I love is the solo performance from the movie Raat aur Din (The Nargis Comeback movie I think). Love both sad and happy versions. (Aawara ..E Mere Dil). The softness of Lata's voice is a different level altogether.


Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Was listening to this song during my drive from Chikamagalur to BLR yesterday. Wonderful song by Lata.
Thanks to me listening to all the music from 50s and 60s, my 9 year old daughter has started to like them and wants to listen only to "old songs".
+1. Thats great. You just need to expose them to the taste and they would lap it up!

Last edited by ampere : 21st July 2015 at 00:58.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 14:47   #112
Senior - BHPian
 
mallumowgli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Palakkad/Coimbatore
Posts: 1,087
Thanked: 684 Times
Default Re: 1950's, 60's and 70's Hindi songs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Another unknown gem of Lata's (my elder sister's favourite)
Vow. That is indeed an unknown gem. And I thought I knew all the songs from Malhar!! 1951 was indeed the golden year from the golden era

Quote:
PS: Helped? That should be the primary reason
Can't confess that in a T-bhp thread dedicated to old songs, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
All the source to my findings has been my dad and the ever dependable radio. There used to be All India Radio Urdu service and Shortwave ad Medium Wave. (Dont know if its still there). Apart from that Radio Ceylon and Vivid Bharathi.
Nowadays we have Masti, B4U, 9XM, Sony Mix etc in DTH - if you are lucky you can get some good songs after 9pm. Naino mein badra chaye was on Masti yesterday night

And of course, AIR VBS, AIR Urdu, Air Hindi and FM Gold are also there in DishTv
mallumowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 23:21   #113
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: mumbai
Posts: 450
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: 1950's, 60's and 70's Hindi songs?

Hi everybody
Ampere Hi. You have mentioned RD quite a few times. Here are 2 hidden gems. Both having steam engine sound as background.
A)
B)
Enjoy.
Regards
PS: Mallumowgli
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2015, 23:15   #114
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: mumbai
Posts: 450
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: 1950's, 60's and 70's Hindi songs?

Ampere HI
You mentioned Raat aur Din.
This was produced by Anwar Hussain her brother.
A)Here is a song picturised on him and sung by Kishore.

B) Vintage RD, maybe his first movie. Helen as graceful as ever.
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2015, 19:24   #115
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,349
Thanked: 8,166 Times
Default Re: 1950's, 60's and 70's Hindi songs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Ampere HI
You mentioned Raat aur Din.
Visiting this thread after a long time. The Lata solos in this movie were very melodious esp "Awara E Mere Dil". Of course the other movie, which I would "listen" for Lata songs only is Aamrapali. Each one is crafted to perfection. Meanwhile was hunting for this piece. The only colour version of Madhubala. The movie Jwala with music by Shankar-Jaikishan.


ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2015, 23:03   #116
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: mumbai
Posts: 450
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: 1950's, 60's and 70's Hindi songs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Visiting this thread after a long time. The Lata solos in this movie were very melodious esp "Awara E Mere Dil". Of course the other movie, which I would "listen" for Lata songs only is Aamrapali. Each one is crafted to perfection. Meanwhile was hunting for this piece. The only colour version of Madhubala. The movie Jwala with music by Shankar-Jaikishan.


Ampere
Hi.Good to see a post by you.
I havnt heard of this movie.Could be that it was in the cans for a very long time. Madhubala seems a bit younger than her earlier pictures. Maybe I am mistaken.
Enjoy this gem from Seema. Vintage SJ. Rgds
PS: There is a longer version having a sad part. This is the happier one. Be happy

faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2015, 23:08   #117
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,349
Thanked: 8,166 Times
Default Re: 1950's, 60's and 70's Hindi songs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
PS: There is a longer version having a sad part. This is the happier one. Be happy
Ah Seema! People remember "Tu Pyaar Ka Saagar Hai" the most from this movie

The one I love the most is Manmohana bade jhoote. Of course vintage Shailendra.

ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2015, 14:23   #118
Senior - BHPian
 
mallumowgli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Palakkad/Coimbatore
Posts: 1,087
Thanked: 684 Times
Default Re: 1950's, 60's and 70's Hindi songs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Ah Seema! People remember "Tu Pyaar Ka Saagar Hai" the most from this movie

The one I love the most is Manmohana bade jhoote. Of course vintage Shailendra.
You echo my thoughts! Not a big fan of 'Tu pyaar ka sagar hai'

My contribution for today - another Anil Biswas classic from Tarana

mallumowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2015, 23:13   #119
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: mumbai
Posts: 450
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: 1950's, 60's and 70's Hindi songs?

Ampere
Hi.
Good to posts.
I would agree with Mallumowgli. I too wasnt a great fan of 'tu pyaar ka sagar...."
It was played thousands of times and so lost its appeal. At least for me.
For today a great gem from Devdas


Enjoy.
Regards
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2015, 23:50   #120
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,349
Thanked: 8,166 Times
Default Re: 1950's, 60's and 70's Hindi songs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
For today a great gem from Devdas
There was a Telegu version of Devdas with A Nageshwar Rao (ANR) as lead. Many say that was even better than Dilip Kumar version. (I just heard that story. Have not seen that movie).

My contribution for today:

Every one knows about the movie Boot Polish. And all know about "Nanne Munne Bache". Ever heard this one?

ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How good our Hindi music is? Discuss copies and originals here ECM Shifting gears 105 22nd April 2016 14:48
Greatest Hindi Comedy DCEite Shifting gears 68 21st July 2010 00:08
Hindi Songs during Long Drive Partho-Palio In-Car Entertainment 5 25th March 2009 14:08
Cant Stop Laughing! Hindi Win Xp DCEite Shifting gears 8 16th October 2005 01:49
sites for hindi music ? Hatari Shifting gears 5 16th April 2005 10:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks