Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 26th October 2005, 13:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
We have water supply. But we don't dare use it for cooking or drinking or even taking bath. This is a situation where you can't trust the water from the taps at your home. It is just depressing.
As a rule of thump, never consume cold water in a rainy day. Always use boiled water only. During the peak summer and rainy months it is safer to drink only boiled water.

Else use chlorin tablets. But still a better option is the boiled water.

One can never be sure of even ice-creams. It is safer to eat freshly cooked meals, and to boil or steam the raw items.

Curing diarrhoeal disorders is essentially based on the principle of replacement of fluid loss.

The oral rehydration solution (ORS) recommended by the WHO is being universally adopted. It can easily be prepared at home by dissolving sodium chloride 3.5 g, sodium bicarbonate 2.5 g, potassium chloride 1.5 g and glucose 20 g in one litre of drinking water.

In mild and moderate cases, 50-100 ml/kg of body weight, depending on the severity of the case, of ORS must be administered within two-four hours. Ready-made ORS packets are also easily available at all drug stores.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 26th October 2005 at 13:55.
sandeepmdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2005, 09:29   #32
BHPian

Guys listen to this,

I get into the buse from e-city at 4.45 PM on tuesday. The bus is already full, I am standing. By the time the bus started at 5.30 there were around 20 ppl standing. The windows were pulled shut because of the rains and it was really hot and getting stufy inside.

We hit hosur road and in about a km got stuck in the traffic jam - time was 5.40. By the time we reached Madivala it was 7.45! Then when it reached Hebbal it was 9.45!

I was standing all the time and when i reached home my legs were like paining like hell. Lesson learnt! Whatever be the work pending, leave by 4.30 get a seat to sit. Sitting for 4 hours in a traffic jam is better than standing for 4 hours in a traffic jam!
Harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2005, 10:33   #33
Team-BHP Support

Also suggest you guys carry some basic emergency supplies in your car for the next few days. Things like a torch, few tins of food, swiss army knife and ofcourse a few bottles of water. Of yea, a cell phone charger would be good too.

You never know when you may need it.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2005, 10:57   #34
BHPian

Angry

yesterday samething with me too...
cust atleast i was in a cab(sumo) sitting in front...
we left e-city at 3:40PM and was on stand still at husor road for more than 45 min...
we all where standing outside walking around and a tea wala came along to sell tea...
all of my friends where drinking tea...
and telling Mobile service..lol

and buy the time i reached Kormangala it was 5:45PM...
zulfikar is offline   Reply With Quote