Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 2nd November 2005, 12:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Chennai Rain Photos

Here's the Chennai Rain Photos(Got them thro mail)

Thankfully normality was restored soon by the authorities(Except for the City Suburbs)

Last edited by kiku007 : 2nd November 2005 at 12:59.
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2005, 13:58   #17
Team-BHP Support

How far did that Mondy travel ?
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 10:48   #18
BHPian

Although the situation is not as bad as 2005 it was still scary to drive in the heavy rain under windy conditions yesterday night. I will have to start from home(mogappair) and go to Perungudi around noon. Can fellow C-bhpians update me on the traffic/flood conditions?

I usually take the Thirumangalam-Koyambedu-Vadapalani-Ashokpillar-CIT nagar-Saidapet-Madhyakailas-Tidel route.
Mission_Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 10:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Roads around SBOA are flooded as usual, did not find too much issues near Tirumangalam, unfortunately I cannot beyond because I dont take that route, but I assume you would have issues only near Koyambedu busstand. Aranganathan subway is normally never flooded as water is pumped without much delay
pypkmsrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 11:05   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Roads around SBOA are flooded as usual, did not find too much issues near Tirumangalam, unfortunately I cannot beyond because I dont take that route, but I assume you would have issues only near Koyambedu busstand. Aranganathan subway is normally never flooded as water is pumped without much delay
Thanks Srikanth. I am little apprehensive about the koyambedu to vadapalani stretch as this was flooded during 2005 rains .
Old 26th November 2008, 11:12   #21
BANNED

I think you'd be better off avoiding the Aranganathan Subway route. The subway itself might be clean but the road from Ashok Pillar to the subway has always been a mess. Ashok Pillar - Kathipara - Little Mount - Raj Bhavan - Madhya Kailash would be longer but better.
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 11:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
I think you'd be better off avoiding the Aranganathan Subway route. The subway itself might be clean but the road from Ashok Pillar to the subway has always been a mess. Ashok Pillar - Kathipara - Little Mount - Raj Bhavan - Madhya Kailash would be longer but better.
The road upto Kathipara is great ever since the flyover was complete but typically you get stuck from Guindy Railway Station all the way upto Halda Jn. which negates the time you save by coming via Kathipara
pypkmsrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 11:32   #23
BANNED

Correct but stuck in traffic on a dry road is better than no traffic on a flooded road. He hasn't achieved his mission yet - after which it won't matter.
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 12:13   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post

That is a very good use of fisheye lens...
gkrishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 12:29   #25
BHPian

Hows the situation in Poonamale road?
redrage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 12:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

hope things settle down soon... this should help though

Satellite Images
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 14:25   #27
BHPian

Ok guys. Reached office safe. No flooding in the route i took but there were water stagnations on the sides in some parts, but nothing major to worry about. Drove very carefully and slowly in an attempt to not splash water on fellow roadusers and succeeded in that.

I took my usual route as i was not sure about the condition of the service lane that leads to Guindy from 100 ft road side.

Thanks for the input guys.

Redrage,

There were water stagnation issues from Koyambedu to Maduravoyal yesterday night, so better check with someone who had travelled that route today.

Last edited by Mission_Safari : 26th November 2008 at 14:31. Reason: Added Text
Old 26th November 2008, 14:31   #28
BHPian

@ Mission Safari : Hey where is your office at Perungudi?? My office also in Perungudi GMR(behind Lifeline Hospital )
ram.west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 14:49   #29
Senior - BHPian

Looks like i might need a ride for the molaga bajji meet. I was caught in the koyambedu signal last night for 20 minutes with water covering my silencer & seeping into my car through the doors. I felt like I was in a boat with the waves lashing on both sides. My car literally stinks now, have to try & get it cleaned soon.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 15:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Looks like i might need a ride for the molaga bajji meet. I was caught in the koyambedu signal last night for 20 minutes with water covering my silencer & seeping into my car through the doors. I felt like I was in a boat with the waves lashing on both sides. My car literally stinks now, have to try & get it cleaned soon.
John !. Hope your car is in running condition. As I type this, my car is parked outside my office (no parking inside as we have knee deep water) and is taking a beating from the rains. This is Ambattur Indl Estate, by the way.

Had a tough time coming to work today. To make matters worse, the cabbies for the night shift have refused to ply and the associates are expected to fetch their own transport to work. God knows whats gonna happen !
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote