Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win FIFA World Cup 2010?
Algeria 0 0%
Argentina 73 31.20%
Australia 1 0.43%
Brazil 24 10.26%
Cameroon 0 0%
Chile 0 0%
Côte d'Ivoire 2 0.85%
Denmark 0 0%
England 4 1.71%
France 1 0.43%
Germany 58 24.79%
Ghana 0 0%
Greece 0 0%
Honduras 0 0%
Italy 0 0%
Japan 0 0%
Korea North 1 0.43%
Korea South 0 0%
Mexico 1 0.43%
Netherlands 20 8.55%
New Zealand 0 0%
Nigeria 0 0%
Paraguay 0 0%
Portugal 3 1.28%
Serbia 1 0.43%
Slovakia 0 0%
Slovenia 1 0.43%
South Africa 0 0%
Spain 41 17.52%
Switzerland 0 0%
United States 0 0%
Uruguay 3 1.28%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2010, 21:47   #211
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
THANK YOU Brazil for making it easier for Argentina to win the cup!

Let me guess. You must be a Germany supporter right?
Well, not quite as much as an anti Italia supporter.
Old 2nd July 2010, 22:08   #212
BHPian

I don't accept this tournament as a WC if argentina is ousted. These european posers are just having a fluke run of luck nothing else. If they reach the finals, let the world cup be made of plastic.
Old 2nd July 2010, 22:29   #213
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrisarkar View Post
I don't accept this tournament as a WC if argentina is ousted. These european posers are just having a fluke run of luck nothing else. If they reach the finals, let the world cup be made of plastic.

You find as many posers outside of Europe as inside Europe.

You find as much women beating football players outside Europe as inside Europe.

You find as agression and arrogance outside Europe as inside Europe.

Some people need a reality check. Next thing is you repeat newspaper propaganda.churning out battle phrases. What will come afterwards?

This is just games, which are now as meaningless as they will be in 20 years time.
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:01   #214
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
BTW, Brazilian magic is back and back with a bang, they are playing an awesome game today. Hope they continue this and now I'm really worried for Argentina in the Final
HAR HAR HAR HAR!!!!

Playing awesome game?? HA HA HA HA HA, my stomach aches.

Dont worry about Argentina in the finals they arent getting there.
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:20   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post

And today Robben acted really well and brought his team home to the Semis. Oscar winning performance.
His tactic was to attract Brazilians defenders and provoke them until they get frustrated and commit a foul, which they did. I agree some of those were simulations, but a good lot of them (which btw went unnoticed by the referee) were genuine offensive tackles. Brazil deserved to be one man less much earlier, Michel Bastos' second challenge itself was sufficient for a straight red, the referee didn't even give a (second) yellow. Robben executed the plan so well that, Brazil came very close to getting a red for Bastos, which forced Dunga to substitute him. But, that wasn't sufficient for Brazil to avoid an impending red.

The Brazilians played a real dirty physical game, the Dutch were only too happy to use it to their advantage. Luis Fabiano kicked somebody in the gentleman's area on purpose, Lucio was playing real dirty, they were genuinely frustrated that they don't have the talent to live up to the hype! This is not the Brazilian team of yore, it was plain luck that they reached the QF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
HAR HAR HAR HAR!!!!

Dont worry about Argentina in the finals they arent getting there.
Argentina FTW, too many German players cautioned in their previous game, they are all wetting their pants. Argentina will take advantage of this fact! :P But I hate Maradona, can't stand that little rascal gloat! He is a disgrace to human kind!
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:35   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
HAR HAR HAR HAR!!!!

In the First half they were actually awesome if you care about the game a bit and not just making fun of anyone who is not Germany. I praise the good football played by any of the teams. Yes I do support Argentina but that doesn't make me out an blind eye for other teams who are playing nice (in fact you'll see me praising the Germans too if you have a look at some of earlier posts although I never supported them before)
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:45   #217
BHPian

I'm lovin it! Brazil is out and there have been hell a lot of crackers going off in my locality. Argentina rules here :-D

Dunga's Brazil was trying to play a physical game and paid a price for it. He took off Bastos to save him from a possible 2nd Yellow card but look what happened Gilberto Melo, he did one better by getting a straight Red Card! It was height of stupidity from him to kick his opponent in full view of the referee.

Now where is St' Pele? He was critical of Maradona's coaching credentials, I would love to hear his take on Dunga & Brazil's exit from the WC

Now that Dunga has resigned let Mr. Establishment take up the responsibility of the Brazilian team and lead his team to the 2014 WC.

Maradona might not have the coaching degrees like Capello, He might not be tactically astute like Mourinho but what he possesses is a great passion for the game and he has been instrumental in rubbing that to his immensely gifted team which is playing for each other with a lot of passion and commitment and that is what the so called mighty Brazilians lacked today and that is what was missing from the listless English men!

And let's not forget that he knows a thing or two about inspiring a team to win the World Cup

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th July 2010 at 20:17. Reason: 2 smileys max - please read the Team-BHP rules. Thanks.
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:55   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
Now that Dunga has resigned let Mr. Establishment take up the responsibility of the Brazilian team and lead his team to the 2014 WC.
St Pele cares too much about his legacy to get his hands dirty with a coaching job. He knows he will be a miserable failure- he's all talk only. I hope he has the sense to not open his mouth for the rest of the tournament at least. Scolari summed it up pretty well by saying that he won the 2002 WC by listening to Pele and doing the exact opposite. I have more respect for Beckenbauer who won the cup both as a player and as a coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
Well, not quite as much as an anti Italia supporter.
You love Italian cars and hate their football? lol

Last edited by Gilead : 2nd July 2010 at 23:57.
Old 3rd July 2010, 00:19   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0ligaN View Post
This is not the Brazilian team of yore, it was plain luck that they reached the QF! ....
Although I agree with many your arguments but don't agree that they were in QF final due to plain luck. Have you watched any of their matches? Except the Portugal match they did play really well. 2-1(NK), 3-1(IC) and 3-0(Chile), that scoreline doesn't at all look like any kind of plain luck. I like to enjoy the football matches which are good instead of getting cynical for nothing.
Old 3rd July 2010, 00:56   #220
BHPian

I have watched all those matches, the pont I was trying to make was they made it till here without toiling much! and most of the matches brazil won were pretty boring to watch, except against chile.
Old 3rd July 2010, 01:25   #221
Senior - BHPian

Now the Brazil is out!!. Hope Germany win against Argentina tomorrow.
Old 3rd July 2010, 09:04   #222
MCR
BHPian

What a cracker of a match between Ghana and Uruguay. It was the "hands" of Suarez which saved Uruguay in the last minute of the second extratime.
But still Ghana were nervous in their penalties and Uruguay cashed in on this.
Old 3rd July 2010, 10:27   #223
Senior - BHPian

Eating my word. Heartbroken. But then, both the dutch goals were classic. Especially the second corner double-header. Such surgical precision is pulled off once in a lifetime of a team. Fantastic team effort and thats why they truly deserved to win.
But still my vuvuzela blows for Argentina. Goooooo...
Old 3rd July 2010, 11:10   #224
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Now the Brazil is out!!. Hope Germany win against Argentina tomorrow.
Me too but my son is rooting for Argentina. Family Feud!
Old 3rd July 2010, 11:26   #225
Senior - BHPian

^^
Its not that I support Germany, I am against Argentina.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks