Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 25th September 2014, 20:42   #46
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Birth Certificate Help - Bangalore - Ulsoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I will check with them on the exact address. All their front desk says is go to Ulsoor office and they do it

Ulsoor has lots of offices like Ration card, Health officer etc. And i dont want to run around in that area !! which is why i wanted to know what might be the exact location
@raj - This is most likely the BBMP office near Ulsoor Lake.
Take old madras road, turn right onto Kensington road at the signal after RMZ Millenia building. The road will curve to left near the MEG campus. Just after that curve on right side you will see this BBMP office next to the Corporation Community Hall. Make a U-turn after going a little ahead.

EDIT:oops, just saw another post that you already got the certificate!

Last edited by NPV : 25th September 2014 at 20:44.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2014, 10:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
@raj - This is most likely the BBMP office near Ulsoor Lake.
Take old madras road, turn right onto Kensington road at the signal after RMZ Millenia building. The road will curve to left near the MEG campus. Just after that curve on right side you will see this BBMP office next to the Corporation Community Hall. Make a U-turn after going a little ahead.

EDIT:oops, just saw another post that you already got the certificate!
Hey Thanks buddy. yes that is the place i went to. I am sure your post will help many others. If i am not wrong, this is the only place to visit for eastern Bangalore.
rajshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2015, 18:12   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Thanks buddy. yes that is the place i went to. I am sure your post will help many others. If i am not wrong, this is the only place to visit for eastern Bangalore.
Hey,
We have a new addition to the family, and need to get the birth certificate from the BBMP office. Do you remember the documents you carried to the BBMP office? Also how long after the birth of your child did you go to the BBMP office to get the birht certificate?
Thanks, Shikhar
kmadhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2015, 18:45   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
Hey,
We have a new addition to the family, and need to get the birth certificate from the BBMP office. Do you remember the documents you carried to the BBMP office? Also how long after the birth of your child did you go to the BBMP office to get the birht certificate?
Thanks, Shikhar
Congratulations !!

Typically the hospital arranges for the birth certificate. they make you fill a form, if you have chosen the name already it is a simple process. But most likely we take time in deciding.

In my case, they gave me a birth certificate with name as blank. What this means is that the birth has been registered and the baby has been assigned a record. Only thing pending is updating the name. I got this birth certificate from the hospital after 2 months or so !! And i was told that i have around 6 months time from date of birth to decide on name

I just took this certificate and he asked me to submit a letter on plain paper requesting record update and within 15 mins, i got 2 copies of updated birth certificate. I dont remember he asking any documents. Though i carried simple things like my address proof, photo id etc just in case. Depending on which hospital the baby got delivered you will have to visit the registration office. You can get most of the details from hospital front desk itself. Hope this helps
Old 12th August 2015, 15:10   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations !!

Typically the hospital arranges for the birth certificate. they make you fill a form, if you have chosen the name already it is a simple process. But most likely we take time in deciding...
I had my baby in Feb 2014 in cloud nine old airport road. Got a BBMP birth certificate from the hospital without the baby name. Now i want to add the baby's name on the birth certificate. In my case one year is already over since the birth of the baby. As per one of my friend, beyond one year one has to go the Upprapet BBMP office to get the name added. He got it done in 2012. I was wondering if this is still true ?

Beyond one year does one have to go to the Upprapet BBMP office to get the name added to the birth certificate? Or may be now one can get it done at Bangalore One or some other office ?
JediKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 16:17   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
I had my baby in Feb 2014 in cloud nine old airport road. Got a BBMP birth certificate from the hospital without the baby name. Now i want to add the baby's name on the birth certificate. In my case one year is already over since the birth of the baby. As per one of my friend, beyond one year one has to go the Upprapet BBMP office to get the name added. He got it done in 2012. I was wondering if this is still true ?

Beyond one year does one have to go to the Upprapet BBMP office to get the name added to the birth certificate? Or may be now one can get it done at Bangalore One or some other office ?
Hmmm. You can check in Ulsoor BBMP office about the same. From what i know Cloud9 told me that I have around 6 months to update the birth certificate. But as i understand its a digital record with a unique number which you should be having, you should be edit it at any later point as well. But please do not delay and check at the BBMP registration office at ulsoor for guidance.
Old 12th October 2015, 10:41   #52
BHPian

Default Correction in mother's name in Birth certificate

Hi

While applying for my daughter's passport today we were told that my wife's name on the birth certificate of my daughter does not match name on that on her passport.

I wanted to update the same on my daughter's birth certificate. Can somebody throw light on the process for the same ?

I am base din Pune.

Thanks
Vikrant
vikrantj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2015, 11:21   #53
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Correction in mother's name in Birth certificate

HI.

I am on the same dilemma.
The birth certificate of my 3 year son mentions my wife's name with a small mistake.

Now am stuck as I need to get the same rectified.
If someone could help, would be great.
arnabchak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2015, 17:04   #54
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Birth Certificate Help

Has anyone managed to correct spelling mistakes on the names in the certificate. Any idea how to correct them?
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote