Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 00:40   #16
BHPian
 
Jaguar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 556
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

F1head, one question. What is the use of correcting the manufacture year in the RC now? Resale value? It is a 6 year old car. How much would you gain? Is it worth the trouble for you and your family? Just something to think about.
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 01:27   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,648
Thanked: 1,957 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Is it worth the trouble for you and your family? Just something to think about.
+1

Also, I'm beginning to think how Hyundai should be involved in this when this is a mistake from the dealer's side. As a manufacturer, they've supplied the car to the dealer & from then on, its all in the dealer's hand. If the dealership is closed, no other dealership will accept it as their mistake & try resolving this problem.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 09:23   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 126
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
F1head, one question. What is the use of correcting the manufacture year in the RC now? Resale value? It is a 6 year old car. How much would you gain? Is it worth the trouble for you and your family? Just something to think about.
Resale value is definitely 1 concern apart from the fact that its probably illegal to have the wrong year of manufacture on the RC. God forbid, a shrewd insurance company might exploit this in case of a claim. Also in this process I have learnt how much Hyundai values me as a customer.

Like I said, I will be giving up if Hyundai doesnt reply by this week as I go out of station and dad cant pursue it with them.

Sharing the experience is important for future customers of Hyundai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Also, I'm beginning to think how Hyundai should be involved in this when this is a mistake from the dealer's side. As a manufacturer, they've supplied the car to the dealer & from then on, its all in the dealer's hand. If the dealership is closed, no other dealership will accept it as their mistake & try resolving this problem.
The funny part is that I don't even want them to do anything special, any manufacturer should be able to certify date of manufacture of a commodity they manufacture especially in the case of an expensive commodity like a car.

Even if they don't do that, getting the year from chassis no. is a 2 minute job, just that there doesn't seem to be a will to help from their side.
f1head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 12:35   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 126
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Wanted to share some good news, this time I told them that I was looking at legal options and CCed the mail to top Hyundai execs alongwith the customer care email and I finally got a reply (1st one ).

They are saying that they are sending the letter by courier. Will update when it arrives. Thanks to all those who supported me through this , turns out the best way to make a company respond is by CCing the mails to their seniors detailing their inaction in the same or suggesting that you are going for legal action or both.
f1head is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
15+ year old cars & Certificate of Fitness (CF) planet_rocker The Indian Car Scene 117 1st August 2017 19:19
Marriage Registration - technical problem in getting the certificate rohanjf Shifting gears 28 17th April 2017 16:10
Endorsement in Registration Certificate.....Needed ? Ricky_63 Shifting gears 18 14th April 2009 18:42
Need help: How important is Occupancy Certificate ? kalpeshc Shifting gears 2 4th May 2007 15:33
Deciphering your PUC Certificate :- mithun Technical Stuff 2 16th October 2006 09:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks