Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2008, 10:10   #4171
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 1,471
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

India won the toss and elected to bat first
Parthiv Patel has replaced Karthik

Sehwag & Gambhir take strike at 10:15 cheers:
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 14:35   #4172
Senior - BHPian
 
Surprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,291
Thanked: 124 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

India struggling at 170/5 with laxman and patel fighting out to bring a decent total on a flat track.

Will this be the last series for Dravid and Ganguly? Sachin will be there till be breaks the LARA'S record.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 14:43   #4173
Senior - BHPian
 
snaronikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,845
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
India struggling at 170/5 with laxman and patel fighting out to bring a decent total on a flat track.

Will this be the last series for Dravid and Ganguly? Sachin will be there till be breaks the LARA'S record.
Nope. I do not think so. Who do you think is there to bat right now? All the people are youngsters and are inexperienced to bat in test matches. The conditions in SL may not be favourable for batsmen to play. Might not be a batting track. We need to check their batting also.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 15:17   #4174
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Might not be a batting track. We need to check their batting also.
Its a flat track buddy. I think batsmen are to be blamed rather than praising SL s bowling. I hope we somehow touch 250 with Bhajji s batting.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 15:40   #4175
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,216
Thanked: 553 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Nope. I do not think so. Who do you think is there to bat right now? All the people are youngsters and are inexperienced to bat in test matches. The conditions in SL may not be favourable for batsmen to play. Might not be a batting track. We need to check their batting also.
Dude i watched the morning session and its a pure batting track with no seam movement or any awkward bounce. In fact even murli was finding it tough to spin. Its pure lack of technique(check Sachin and Dravid dismissals) and temperament. I really think its time Ganguly and Dravid should be shown the door cos time has runned out for both now.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 16:11   #4176
Senior - BHPian
 
snaronikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,845
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Dude i watched the morning session and its a pure batting track with no seam movement or any awkward bounce. In fact even murli was finding it tough to spin. Its pure lack of technique(check Sachin and Dravid dismissals) and temperament. I really think its time Ganguly and Dravid should be shown the door cos time has runned out for both now.
Who do you pick up then? Have you seen any of our previous performances in Srilanka? Most of them are failures. Indians are not suitable to play at the conditions in Srilanka. And can we ever forget their 900+ runs scored in one of the tests during 1990s.

Lets see how the ODI team does. It is full of youngsters. Moreover, you cannot put blame only on few of them. It is a complete failure by all the batsmen except Gauti.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 17:40   #4177
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

SL 14/1 at stumps trailing by 236 runs . If we get Mahela & sanga out early we can surely get thru the rest. A lead of 80 runs + would be a big bonus !
India has to keep a target of getting SL out 150-170 then we have a good chance winning.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 17:54   #4178
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,216
Thanked: 553 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Who do you pick up then? Have you seen any of our previous performances in Srilanka? Most of them are failures. Indians are not suitable to play at the conditions in Srilanka. And can we ever forget their 900+ runs scored in one of the tests during 1990s.

Lets see how the ODI team does. It is full of youngsters. Moreover, you cannot put blame only on few of them. It is a complete failure by all the batsmen except Gauti.
The match is evenly balanced with SL only a little upper hand,2 quick wickets in morning and will be fun time!
As for the Statistics they always don't reflect the true status,Like the 900+ runs you are talking about was the flattest batting track and India were still positive as they batter first and ,ade some 500+ odd run and declared but SL just played for selfish records and made the test a mockery by batting for rest of 3.5 days(they should had learned from OZ how to derive results).
Its not about being blamed but the Fab 4(as the media calls them) are a failure since sometime barring few performances by Sachin and odd ones from laxman.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 18:11   #4179
Senior - BHPian
 
Surprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,291
Thanked: 124 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Muddle order

Quote:
After five innings, Sourav Ganguly has 78 runs. Rahul Dravid has 80, and Sachin Tendulkar 81. VVS Laxman had been marginally better, aggregating 154 while being guilty of squandering starts in every innings. Once you take out Virender Sehwag (310 runs) and Gambhir (284), the runs column makes for sombre reading. A line-up that's made runs the world over in all conditions and every conceivable match situation now bats to the tune of Paul Simon's You Can Call Me Al ("Why am I soft in the middle, The rest of my life is so hard").
Before they get dropped from the team, they have to make a wise choice
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 18:18   #4180
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 1,471
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

There is no soul in the world who can dare to drop Sachin from the Indian Cricket Team - Sachin decides he wants to play or not. Thats because, Sachin is God !!!
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 19:13   #4181
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,216
Thanked: 553 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
There is no soul in the world who can dare to drop Sachin from the Indian Cricket Team - Sachin decides he wants to play or not. Thats because, Sachin is God !!!
he doesn't needs to be dropped. He will know when the right time is and will move away himself. Legends don't need to be dropped.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 20:56   #4182
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

How come only senior batsmen are blamed here??? I think even Kumble hasnt taken wickets in last two matches. Quite surprised about that . Anyways i guess the senior trio will surely come back to form no doubt. Lets hope for the best!
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 14:56   #4183
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

SL playing it safe here . They just 70 odd runs behind. If they get a lead here they could have a very big advantage . Common India !!
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 17:46   #4184
Senior - BHPian
 
Surprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,291
Thanked: 124 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

India were 161/5 at stumps effectively 14/5. Sachin and Ganguly was a real disappointment. This series belongs to SL.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 19:48   #4185
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
India were 161/5 at stumps effectively 14/5. Sachin and Ganguly was a real disappointment. This series belongs to SL.
Yup the Seniors did disappoint. Damn Damn !! How i wish we just thrash them in the one dayers. India has quite a bad record in SL.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cricket: The World Cup 2015 Thread - It's Australia yet again ! Eddy Shifting gears 603 31st March 2015 10:39
The Cricket World Cup 2011 thread. EDIT: India World Champions !! Eddy Shifting gears 992 11th April 2011 19:40
Worst Cricket Commentator of the Year. DCEite Shifting gears 80 6th October 2009 13:02
Current Cricket impasse typeOnegative Shifting gears 36 28th September 2005 00:34
Sidhu : Cricket = Murray Walker : F1 Hatari Shifting gears 2 26th February 2005 01:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:38.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks