Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2013, 15:24   #7486
Oxy
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 186
Thanked: 178 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
What is happening out there in the middle? Seems our team has shut shop & playing for a draw, atleast that is what appears looking at the scorecard online!
When will our team ever be ruthless!!
Are there 12 overs remaining or play will carry on till 4:30?
There are going to be 15 mandatory overs after 3:30 PM. So relax, all is not lost yet. I'd be very surprised if we don't win from here.

By the way, Shikhar Dhawan's injury seems pretty serious. Looks like he won't bat today and is set to miss the next test too. What a shame! In all probability, it's going to be a debut for Rahane in Delhi.

Last edited by Oxy : 18th March 2013 at 15:28.
Oxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 15:30   #7487
NMS
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 131
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
What is happening out there in the middle? Seems our team has shut shop & playing for a draw, atleast that is what appears looking at the scorecard online!
When will our team ever be ruthless!!
Are there 12 overs remaining or play will carry on till 4:30?
There will be a minimum of 15 overs bowled after 15:30 Hrs
Guys are playing pretty steady, I believe we can easily make it !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
By the way, Shikhar Dhawan's injury seems pretty serious. Looks like he won't bat today and is set to miss the next test too. What a shame! In all probability, it's going to be a debut for Rahane in Delhi.
A Shame Indeed, but can't help. Hopefully Rahane gets a Debut finally ..... He deserves one.

Final Edit : 45 in 15 Overs !!

Last edited by NMS : 18th March 2013 at 15:41.
NMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 15:43   #7488
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
By the way, Shikhar Dhawan's injury seems pretty serious. Looks like he won't bat today and is set to miss the next test too.
Where did you hear this - that he will miss the next test?
carboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 16:07   #7489
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 470 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Kohli gone, will india still go for the kill ?
I feel 30 runs in 9 overs, should not be a big deal .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 16:23   #7490
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 637
Thanked: 383 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Kohli gone, will india still go for the kill ?
I feel 30 runs in 9 overs, should not be a big deal .

Cheers
Swinging ball and Mr Dhonut is at it again..taking it to the wire
C300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 16:24   #7491
BHPian
 
vibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 881
Thanked: 845 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

What is Mr. MSD doing? He is neither scoring the runs nor giving the strike to Sachin. Has he taken an oath that all matches would be finished only in the last over?

EDIT: Somebody in cricinfo.
''Bob the Builder: "Ooopsie .... they are creating a cliff, then making a cliffhanger of the chase!!!"''

Couldnt help sharing it

Last edited by vibbs : 18th March 2013 at 16:27.
vibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 18:16   #7492
Oxy
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 186
Thanked: 178 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Where did you hear this - that he will miss the next test?
Here: http://inagist.com/all/313629735106265088/

And clarke is also a doubtful starter for the Delhi test.

Watson has flown back to India, and will captain Australia if Clarke is unable to make it.
Oxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 19:39   #7493
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,823
Thanked: 4,770 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

While the victory against the Aussies is always sweet, I was wondering why Dhoni kept the strike for so long without scoring and unnecessarily mounting pressure on Sachin which made him go for a desperate run when there was none and perish.
Once Sachin left, Dhoni seemed to suddenly get back his run scoring abilities - hope this wasn't some ploy of his to make sure Sachin wasn't at the wicket when we win or he did not want Sachin to score the winning runs
(I just hope I'm totally wrong, but how can we ever find out ?)
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 20:02   #7494
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: EU - Nordic
Posts: 1,563
Thanked: 953 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
(I just hope I'm totally wrong, but how can we ever find out ?)
Reminded me of the time Dhoni kept Sachin off the strike for a long time when Sachin was close to first-ever ODI double hundred. But atleast in that match Dhoni was putting bat to ball and scoring fast.
StarrySky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 20:42   #7495
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,229
Thanked: 416 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
While the victory against the Aussies is always sweet, I was wondering why Dhoni kept the strike for so long without scoring and unnecessarily mounting pressure on Sachin which made him go for a desperate run when there was none and perish.
Once Sachin left, Dhoni seemed to suddenly get back his run scoring abilities - hope this wasn't some ploy of his to make sure Sachin wasn't at the wicket when we win or he did not want Sachin to score the winning runs
(I just hope I'm totally wrong, but how can we ever find out ?)
now that is some twisted logic really! whoever asked Sachin to get run out? I doubt Dhoni did that.

I'd agree that Dhoni has a peculiar propensity for the spectacular (especially taking a simple chase to the wire) but come on, at the end that makes boring things exciting. Thats probably what the cricket lords must want the most. Maybe its all scripted, just like those competitions on Star TVs and the likes.
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 21:41   #7496
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,823
Thanked: 4,770 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
now that is some twisted logic really! whoever asked Sachin to get run out? I doubt Dhoni did that.
I just felt Dhoni's batting (playing and missing) mounted pressure on Sachin probably making him go for a single in desperation.
As @starrrysky mentioned this has happened in the past, hence the question in my mind.
I'm not a great fan of MSD's tactic of taking seemingly easy win matches to the wire - while luck has favoured him on many such occasions, it's an unnecessary twist.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 22:10   #7497
Senior - BHPian
 
srishiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,580
Thanked: 823 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Sachin somehow is proving his detractors wrong by being till the end (after the first test) and missed it by whisker
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 22:47   #7498
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,229
Thanked: 416 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I just felt Dhoni's batting (playing and missing) mounted pressure on Sachin probably making him go for a single in desperation.
My dear Sir. This is the comment of the day here!

What was the asking rate at the time Sachin was pressurised to run for a desperate run?
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 23:38   #7499
PPS
Senior - BHPian
 
PPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,939
Thanked: 1,926 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I just felt Dhoni's batting (playing and missing) mounted pressure on Sachin probably making him go for a single in desperation.
Sachin just started running without having a clue as to where the ball was, by the time he saw Dhoni's hand up refusing the single it was too late, if anybody has to be blamed for that its Sachin himself.
As it is Tendulkar is not really known for winning close games, nail-biting moments are better left to others like Dhoni!
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 08:15   #7500
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pune, Melbourne
Posts: 637
Thanked: 383 Times
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post

I'd agree that Dhoni has a peculiar propensity for the spectacular (especially taking a simple chase to the wire)
I dont think its by choice. Its the handicap while playing moving deliveries.

Last edited by C300 : 19th March 2013 at 08:16. Reason: Formatting
C300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cricket: The World Cup 2015 Thread - It's Australia yet again ! Eddy Shifting gears 603 31st March 2015 10:39
The Cricket World Cup 2011 thread. EDIT: India World Champions !! Eddy Shifting gears 992 11th April 2011 19:40
Worst Cricket Commentator of the Year. DCEite Shifting gears 80 6th October 2009 13:02
Current Cricket impasse typeOnegative Shifting gears 36 28th September 2005 00:34
Sidhu : Cricket = Murray Walker : F1 Hatari Shifting gears 2 26th February 2005 01:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks