Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 11th August 2010, 13:12   #1
BHPian

Default Damn!! I had seen this in my Dream ( Deja Vu )

Does it happen to you ?

No i am not talking about sixth sense but its something similar.
Sixth sense is something which you already know or sense is going to happen.
Its a strong intuition.

Where as what i am talking about here is - "You are sitting with your friends/family somewhere chit-chatting,laughing & you suddenly remember you had said the same dialog in presence of all these people & in the same place before."

It feels like you have had a dream of all this before.

Now you guys might find this funny but it does happen. It happens to me & even few of my friends but its not frequent.

I even had googled it ones to find out what its called but i forgot the name.

Waiting to hear if any of you have had similar experiences.

Last edited by Neil.Bhujbal : 11th August 2010 at 13:16.
Neil.Bhujbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 13:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Deja Vu
Its a french term.
Deja = Already
Vu = Seen
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 13:18   #3
BHPian

Deja vu.
It happens with everybody. I don't know why it happens though. Somebody who is into psychology or related fields can explain.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 11th August 2010 at 13:20.
SilentEngine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 13:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

Happens with me so many times. I always thought it was only me.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 13:26   #5
BHPian

Deja Vu..one probable reason is that what ever u see gets processed in both short term (current) and long term memory (old) part of the brain. This makes u feel u have experienced the movement before.
I have not been able to come in terms with the explanation. When u experience it, it's more like u have gone through the same epsiode long back. It's probably our mind playing mind ganes with us :-)
AdityaLN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 13:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nitrous beat me to Dejavu!!! It happens with me most of the time; atleast once a week. It doesn't necessarily happen for me in dreams, sometimes during broad day light, I think of a circumstance & it happens. For instance, once when I was travelling by bus on Taylors road, I was thinking what would it take to walk from Daily Thanthi office to Chennai Corporation? Several years later, for some reason, I'd to walk exactly on the same spot, Daily Thanthi office to Chennai Corporation.

Now days its happening mostly with movies; somehow I think about some scene of a movie at random, be it English or Thamizh; in the subsequent weeks, somehow I happen to watch the movie or the same clipping & this has been happening for over several years now. Is this coincidence or Dejavu?
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 13:40   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Now days its happening mostly with movies; somehow I think about some scene of a movie at random, be it English or Thamizh; in the subsequent weeks, somehow I happen to watch the movie or the same clipping & this has been happening for over several years now. Is this coincidence or Dejavu?
I think that is coincidence. It happens with me too sometimes. I may be thinking of some song in my mind, or humming a tune. After few seconds, i hear somebody else playing the same song. It's a kind of weird feeling!
SilentEngine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 13:41   #8
BHPian

I'm glad you started this thread, it's strange but I have to admit, yes, this happens with me too. And I have no explanations either of this phenomena, in fact I never discussed these things with anyone, because thought people will think my mind is screwed (although to some extent I agree ).
humans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 13:51   #9
BHPian

I think this topic/phenomenon was discussed in another thread. I am not sure which one though.

BTW, I too experience this quite often.
whitesquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 13:54   #10
Senior - BHPian

Yup, Deja Vu is a pretty common phenomenon. I guess almost everyone has experienced this quite a few times.
sammyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 13:55   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
I think that is coincidence.
Well does a coincidence happen for years? I realized this about 2 years ago & ever since then I'm trying to keep track, but then its not being possible to write down, however, this keeps happening for 2-3 times every month.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 13:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

My cousin was expecting a promotion for a long time but the news was not coming. One morning I had a dream that she had the long awaited promotion. I called her up and told her about the dream. And by the evening she did get the promotion.

This is the only time this has happened to me. I would still term it as a coincidence rather than a supernatural phenomena.
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 13:56   #13
BHPian

Ohh !! This "DejaVu" thing seems to be common then. Anyone with a link or info explaining the actually reason behind this ?
Old 11th August 2010, 13:59   #14
Senior - BHPian

Oh yeah this happens to everyone. Deja Vu and seems so real, that you'd been here and done this already.

It's a fact or maybe there is something else about it. Some things science can't crack
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 14:04   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Well does a coincidence happen for years? I realized this about 2 years ago & ever since then I'm trying to keep track, but then its not being possible to write down, however, this keeps happening for 2-3 times every month.
Lucky you dude.This thing/power of yours can.. you know be really helpful.

But it cant be called DejaVu i guess because yours is " you think & it happens."

Where as DejaVu is "You remember of seeing that episode somewhere after it happens.