Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 18th November 2005, 23:11   #1
Team-BHP Support

Default Thank you.

Itís almost exactly a week since that night when a taxi decided to take on my car Ė and lost. But thatís for a different thread where I will post in detail the crap that is called law in our country. This thread, as the title suggests, is simply for one thing. To thank the guys.

Ford_rocam: Dude, I donít know what to sayÖyou are a gem of a person and the extent to which you helped out someone you have met just a handful of times is just mind-blowing. Plus, as I only found out much later during that crazy night, it was your birthday!! Hope you got to celebrate a bit of it.

Aditya & Ported_head:
Thanks for standing guard with the car for hours. Addy, thanks for turning up the next morning again man, and that too with a chain!! Ported, next time you drive an Octi, you will get to take it out of 2nd gear!!

Dippy & F50:
The guy I called as I knew he was in the neighbourhood chilling with the rest of the T-bhp gang on his birthday. Thanks for being my interpreter at the cop station and sitting out there the entire night. F50, thanks for helping out and sticking it out with the rest of us for what seemed like a year!

normally_crazy: thanks for the help man.

Rudra: Even though the old man is sitting in Bangalore, he gets news of this and is on the phone seeing what he can do. Disturbing his work buddies to see if there is anything they can do to help out someone they have never met. I swear he seemed more concerned about things than I did!! Thanks man.

GTO: Man, first off, thanks for starting this forum! We also got to check out the towing power of the trusty Jeep. Then sitting for hours after work making calls to figure out which workshop to give the car. If thatís not enough, takes time off his hectic work schedule to come with me to talk with the workshop to make sure the do a friggin good job! I think I owe you a few more rides on the Zed eh, Ďcept you riding this time!

Iím really not the sentimental type here (leave that for Rudra ), but it is just amazing to see the unquestioned support given by all of you. I know weíve said it many times before, that T-bhp is not just a forum but more like an extended family, and you guys surely lived upto that.

And Iím sure that this will be the case with all of us here, no matter where you are, if youíre a t-bhp member, youíre never alone.
Old 19th November 2005, 00:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice.
Waiting to read the thread on what exactly happened.
Old 19th November 2005, 00:14   #3
BHPian

dude wad happened man...

test for good frnds eh!!!
Old 19th November 2005, 00:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

hey Rtech
what happened man.waiting to hear about it.i totally agree man team bhp is really like a family that has brought people all over the country and some parts of the world really close so close that you can count on them to be there and support you when you need something.any way will be waiting to read about it and hope your fine

Rev
Old 19th November 2005, 00:22   #5
BHPian

Hey RTech,

Hope all is fine now. Waiting to read what happened. Looks like a mishap. Hope no one was injured ..... the vehicle dosent seem to be in shape ....
Old 19th November 2005, 12:30   #6
BANNED

Rtech, Wat happened -- and was it ur skoda that was at the receiving end ?? I know how it feels when in a situation you have ppl standing ROCK SOLID with you .. and its gud to hear that members were there all along !!! This just goes to show the spirit of this forum and thank you GTO for starting the forum , and lets hope we see loads more of this camaraderie amongst our members ... Keep it up fellas .

cheers

PS - How about a detailed account Rtech... Sorry to hear about it though.
Old 19th November 2005, 12:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rtech - I really wonder what happened....trust you and your baby are okay.

Perhaps one of the others who were involved could tell us what happened
Old 19th November 2005, 12:42   #8
Team-BHP Support

I'm fine, but can't say the same about my car. It's not that bad an impact on the Skoda (can't say the same about the cab), but bad enough to give me a hefty bill.

Guys, I will post in detail in a day or two. As mentioned, this thread is for another reason.

Khaadu, spot on man. This is the reason I posted this here, to highlight the camaraderie between all of us here that extends out of the virtual world and into the real world.

Last edited by Rtech : 19th November 2005 at 12:49.
Old 19th November 2005, 13:19   #9
BHPian

geez, hope everything is fine.
@rtech, so true about the camaraderie bit...
Old 19th November 2005, 13:32   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Hope you are fine RT. If you need any help with anything, you know where to find me.
Old 19th November 2005, 15:02   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Rtech, No worries. Just call anytime.

Quote:
I think I owe you a few more rides on the Zed eh, ‘cept you riding this time!
Boy, am I going to take you up on that offer...

GTO
Old 19th November 2005, 15:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

No worries, mate. Glad I could help out.

Off topic: Coming to Rtech and his Zed, I thought bikers while riding are supposed to be in tune with their surroundings and all that jazz. Rtech it seems, rides with his blinders on. Even frantic waving doesn't get his attention. Or maybe he was just catching up on his sleep behind those glares, I don't blame him though, it was moderately early morning.
Old 19th November 2005, 16:10   #13
F50
Senior - BHPian

No problem buddy anytime ...

But Rtech ... thanks is never said to a family member!!
Old 19th November 2005, 16:37   #14
BHPian

Question

Hey Rtech hope everything is fine overthere but waiting to hear about what exactly happened.
Old 19th November 2005, 17:19   #15
BANNED

Hey Rtech Buddy,

Am just back after a week from Goa. Is everything OK. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Viper
Closed Thread