Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 25th September 2010, 12:53   #16
BHPian

@Decode

Wow! They're roosting at your window. Would you have any pictures of them?
Wolfheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2010, 14:53   #17
BHPian

Whom do you contact if you need dogs ( rabies infected ) taken away or put to sleep, I am in Vile Parle Mumbai.

2 from my building were bitten yesterday. Couple dogs too were bitten, I fear they must be infected hence want them taken away.
alter.e.go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2010, 15:40   #18
BHPian

Wolfheart I am away fom home this weekend.. Will PM you
decode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2010, 16:09   #19
Team-BHP Support

Slightly OT : I read the news of 7 Elephants (including a couple of calfs) run over by a speeding good train in West Bengal yesterday and one of the huge elephants got entangled into the wheels and was dragged and broken into pieces

The description of the pain and lack of discipline to follow rules and regulations really pained me. I consider this a massacre with deliberation
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2010, 16:24   #20
BHPian

+1 Mobike. When I read the news of the mowing down of 7 elephants, it left a pit in my stomach and the thing was in back of my head all day. How difficult is it for the authorities to take adequate measures when the accidents have happened more than once.

I was once travelling on a highway in UK from Manchester to London and my manager who is a brit, was telling me there were foxes and some other animals for whom the govt. had dug underground tunnels connecting across the roads and hence the animals were never seen crossing the roads, they would simply use the tunnels . There are so many such simple measures that ensure humans and animals can coexist without bothering each other
rrahul_2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2010, 18:14   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alter.e.go View Post
Whom do you contact if you need dogs ( rabies infected ) taken away or put to sleep, I am in Vile Parle Mumbai.

2 from my building were bitten yesterday. Couple dogs too were bitten, I fear they must be infected hence want them taken away.
If you're sure that the dogs are rabid then contact your local Municipal Ward. They'll send a dog van and capture the dogs.

@mobike and rahul

It's very sad to hear about the ellies! I remember watching a video of a bear being stoned and burnt to death somewhere in Kashmir just because it had strayed near a village. It was extremely painful to watch and I wished so badly that someone would intervene and save the poor creature. The forest dept. guards kept watching and the journalists just kept filming! What a shame!

There's so much ignorance and disregard for animals in our country.
Wolfheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 22:15   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
If you're sure that the dogs are rabid then contact your local Municipal Ward. They'll send a dog van and capture the dogs.
Yup did that they came and took 1 dog away. the other one is still lurking around.
alter.e.go is offline   Reply With Quote