Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 6th December 2015, 07:40   #121
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Spam / Rogue Emails, SMS & Calls

anybody interested in helping dying cancer patient ? Got this in SMStoday. wonder where these people get the nos from ?

Spam / Rogue Emails, SMS & Calls-screenshot_20151206073403.png
sumeethaldankar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2015, 09:47   #122
BHPian

What's with the telemarketers giving missed calls nowadays? Aren't they supposed to keep ringing till we pick it up and pester us to subscribe for their services?

The call doesn't even last for a complete ring.. when I call back, the person on the other end says, we are from so and so.. *please feel free to add expletives of your choice here*
Pallavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2015, 10:51   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
What's with the telemarketers giving missed calls nowadays? Aren't they supposed to keep ringing till we pick it up and pester us to subscribe for their services?

The call doesn't even last for a complete ring.. when I call back, the person on the other end says, we are from so and so.. *please feel free to add expletives of your choice here*
Did you tatake a good look at the number? Most times when you get these missed calls, they are from Pakistan or some other shady foreign location.

Their intent is to make you talk as long as possible. That's how they make their money. Google this scam.

Try to answer this call instantly. Then you talk as much as possible. Good fun. Make it more fun, if the call is from Pakistan by insisting on both of you saying 'jai Shree Ram' !

Last edited by john doe : 6th December 2015 at 10:56.
john doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2015, 11:19   #124
BHPian

The calls I get are from India, start with +91 and mostly from Mumbai call centres.

The prank you suggested is hilarious Unfortunately the calls/sms from Pakistan stopped weeks ago..
Pallavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2016, 13:43   #125
BHPian

Is this a Phishing Scam in the name of eBay? I received this email in my inbox today. Everything looks genuine. Even the URLs are resolving to ebay.co.uk (to home page; not to the item details or member details)

Spam / Rogue Emails, SMS & Calls-pishing.png

Or is it just a misdirected email? Cant figure out.

Last edited by sanjaykk : 4th July 2016 at 13:44.
sanjaykk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2016, 14:02   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Is this a Phishing Scam in the name of eBay? I received this email in my inbox today. Everything looks genuine. Even the URLs are resolving to ebay.co.uk (to home page; not to the item details or member details)

Or is it just a misdirected email? Cant figure out.
I think, you should just respond to the email mentioning "it seems you have got the wrong email address" and also report to ebay customer care or the related department.

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   Reply With Quote