Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 10th October 2010, 21:52   #31
BHPian

Sure sammyboy. Day 3: Saturday.
Panvel => Breakfast idly/sambhar/chutney/payasam at house 1.
Panvel => House 2 => dal-wada/chips/chakli
Panvel => House 3 => chakli/mixture
Vashi => House 4 => Lunch => Biriyani
Seawoods => House 5 => Tea/Biscuits/Bakery stuff
Seawoods => House 6 => Samosa/Son-papdi/Masala-tea
jeevmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2010, 12:52   #32
BHPian

sammyboy: Did Mumbai on Day 4: I have a link in the road-queries and the trip route is mentioned there. It was more of catching up with old building friends/school-mates at Andheri (W), going through Barfivala school, Mithibai College, Juhu, Worli sea-link and then EEH. It was just a drive through from Mithibai onwards. The confines of the car and the sights were what we did. Parking location, eating, stroll on the beach/promenade could have been good but we were short of time and I had to reach Ambarnath. Sunday is a good time to go around I felt, though I heard a couple say that it was better on weekdays. I dunno. For me Sunday worked out well, both traffic-wise as well as meeting people whom I would find at home than at work.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...d-query-2.html (Mumbai-Vashi-Ambernath road query)
Old 14th October 2010, 07:45   #33
BHPian

Day 5: At home. Chappatis of MH aata. Dal/Palak/mushroom curry/Rice.
Day 6: 3 homes of Dombivli - chakli/mixture etc. Dinner at Rangoli on the MIDC road just off Ambarnath. Great stuff. He got a sampler of the chiken-handi aagri. Tawa-veg.
Day 7: Breakfast at Kasara - Kandhe-pohe, shira, upma (Hotel Kaveri.) Rs 30/- each plate. Lunch at Sai Mukunda - Punjabi thali (Rs. 75/-) Garden restaurant. And finally at Kasara - Highway Famous - run by a mallu from Kannur (surprise, enterprising these folks) - Vada-pav, Missal, chai.

Things to carry:

Oh and yes. The 9 kg Onions (claimed as 12 kg) during the sale - Rs 90/- (original request for Rs 120) - Anyway its Rs 10 per kilo. This is on the Shirdi-Sinnar road - closer to Shirdi. We will be carrying some onions back home.
Wheat was ground yesterday.
Will be carrying bajra/jawar flour as well.

Last edited by jeevmenon : 14th October 2010 at 08:00.
Old 15th October 2010, 20:24   #34
BHPian

Went to the Patel Low Price shop and got some masalas and other MH stuff. We had also been to a flour shop who did "peesing" of all kinds of grains. Got Bajra/Jawri flour from there. Finally just had 2 vada-pavs from the famous "Babban" vada-pav in Ambarnath East. Now we have to load all the purchased stuff and off we leave for Chennai tomorrow morning at 5 am.