Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 6th December 2005, 16:07   #16
Team-BHP Support

LOL, how true. In my college days such things would mean shouting matches and abuses, now its just an ignore. At the most while coming back into the fast lane I cut a little close, but does not matter since I am at a higher speed than the dude.

another thing if the car is a 800/zen etc., without night vision RVM, or ORVM, just full 100 watts into the guys eyes. Its a treat to see them squinting and waving their hands
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2005, 16:37   #17
BHPian

Inch ahead of him, and *act* like you would stick your bonnet into him. Be careful, though. When you finish overtaking, just plant your car plumb in front... and if possible give him your royal finger
MalluDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2005, 21:58   #18
BHPian

The best fun is in the night for these kinda drivers, simple you drive right behind them and when you feel that your car's light is focusing at their rear view mirror then flash the upper dipper which will temporary blind them, then down shift and make the move and make a quick get away.
ArmourOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2005, 10:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtecDeGr8

No honk, no crib, no worry...(you know there are lots of other things to worry ) just wait for an opportunity to get ahead and if met in a junction or traffic give that lazy bu# a simple sarcastic smile. You know, at this point the idiotic specimen would expect me to do something different - Never do that.

I've gained a lot by doing this way (A SIMPLE SMILE)
1) No unnecessary tension
2) I would never be a prey for these guys
3) Avoid fortuity incidents

Anyone with me .....
I was going through the entire thread to check out any guys similar to my thoughts. I got it & its you.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2005, 23:07   #20
BHPian

Get a monster truck with a loud horn I am sure everyone will move when they see huge wheels in the mirror and a loud horn!!
harishsegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2005, 23:56   #21
BHPian

Well in the begining, whenever i was really pissed, I used to overtake and brake right in front. But nowadays i realise that these block heads will never learn. No point in spoiling my mood over them.
So nowadays i follow the lane system. I stick to my lane, whether left or right and change lanes to overtake from which ever side is free.
Always insisting on overtaking from right is not a healthy habit in this country.
One might end up getting heart disease, you see.

Conan
Conan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2005, 11:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
I was going through the entire thread to check out any guys similar to my thoughts. I got it & its you.
Hey Surprise, Thought I would meet you in one of those Chennai meet; Any plans for the next meet.
Sorry about the off topic discussion
VtecDeGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2005, 12:40   #23
BHPian

Exclamation

nice discussion goin on here!!!
but i really believe that we need to give them very little thought.. i mean the road blockers. there are people of that attitude anywhere you go. i've seen cabbies drive in the middle of a 4 laner, confusing folks who want to overtake him. you just need to be sure that you don't scratch your steed on the dumbo's car... each one of us would have had some torrid times with these road blockers.. but like some one said, it's just not worth it to let our mood get spoilt over some a**. so give yourselves a smile when some one does something on the road that you would not do and think of him as an illeterate who didn't have the privilege of going through forums like this to enhance his knowledge on how to drive/ride. i know i dragging this too far ...
but hey how much ever we say, it always feels too little, like "bains pe barish ka asar".. so let's not spoil our moods nor our cars.
drive safe drive well.....
ak
AvinashKeezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2005, 14:55   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashKeezh
but hey how much ever we say, it always feels too little, like "bains pe barish ka asar".. so let's not spoil our moods nor our cars. drive safe drive well.....
ak
Well said AK...
My solution has been to buy myself a Safari . Now all traffic just moves out of the way and I can drive straight. Ship through water!!!
nitinbhag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2005, 18:26   #25
BHPian

Earlier everytime I was forced to overtake a slowpoke from the left because he doesnt give way to overtake I would feel bad about overtaking on the left. But after having driven several thousand km I have realised one needs to overtake from the left if the person in front is going too slow for the free flow of traffic.
I flash lights a couple of times and if he moves well and good. I overtake from the right. If after flashing lights there is no response I wait for a safe place to overtake and then just shoot past on the left. To be doubly sure I also use my indicators to signal my lane changes just in case the tortoise (usually the share autos in Chennai) decides to give me way at the last minute. Its also good to be driving the Ikon when there is the need to do quick passes of such people :-).
sjcherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2005, 19:09   #26
BHPian

It's a very common incident on the road. Often tempos & loaded lorries do 30 km/h at fast lanes in roads.

I simply overtake them from left. (and then forget the incident)

In fact, I don't bother too much with them. There are far more irritating road users.

Also, I usually don't drive fast (very rarely over 75 km/h even on highways) so most of the time I get the honk on my back rather using them for the vehicle in front
sbasak is offline   Reply With Quote