Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 30th January 2014, 17:35   #436
BHPian

Default Re: Nationwide UID - will it work?

Now the number of subsidised cylinders has been raised to 12 from 9 AND linking to Aadhar has been put on hold
With this,
- what will happen to the money already credited to the accounts?
- when will the others whose accounts have not been credited with Rs 435 get their dues?

Link to news:

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-...1-1178295.aspx
Old 30th January 2014, 18:01   #437
Awaiting Email Confirmation

A few days back, I paid Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 640
Size:  578 Bytes1,265 for my Indane gas cylinder and got Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Size:  578 Bytes832.91 credited to my Aadhaar-linked bank account. On 21 Jan 2014, an amount of Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Size:  578 Bytes435 was found credited to my account without mentioning any details.
Old 15th February 2014, 20:15   #438
BHPian

I haven't yet booked the gas refill after my bank a/c was linked with Aadhar. To clarify, I called up the gas agency (Indane) to know the bill amount if I book a refill - possibly next week or so. I was told that I need to pay the unsubsidized amount (1200+) and the subsidy amount will be credited later to my a/c.

Once the oil ministry says that the Aadhar linkage has been stopped till it is set right, why are the oil companies still insisting the consumers pay the full amount? Anybody got the subsidy credited after the oil ministry's notification?
Old 18th February 2014, 20:25   #439
Senior - BHPian

I got a one time subsidy of 435/- when I booked my gas refill through aadhar. A few days after delivery when I paid the full amount , today I received a credit of 730.44/- in my bank account.

Why 730.44 ? Others have been receiving around 830/- as refund .
Old 18th February 2014, 21:58   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Anybody got the subsidy credited after the oil ministry's notification?
I got in the last week for the latest refill. I think this process will continue for who has already linked Aadhaar.
Old 18th February 2014, 22:24   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I got in the last week for the latest refill. I think this process will continue for who has already linked Aadhaar.
I got delivery of the first refill today after linking to Aadhaar. I had booked yesterday (Interesting that the delivery was made within one day after booking compared to 5-6 days earlier) I paid 1162 and it is mentioned on the bill that 738 will be credited to my a/c (yet to be credited). But I have not got any credit of 435 till now.
Old 26th February 2014, 14:21   #442
BHPian

I do not have an Aadhar number. We've used <6 cylinders this FY. My question is if I were to book a cylinder today, would I be billed ~1200 or 432? Is there a refund process for those not having an Aadhar?
Old 26th February 2014, 14:54   #443
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recompose View Post
I do not have an Aadhar number. We've used <6 cylinders this FY. My question is if I were to book a cylinder today, would I be billed ~1200 or 432? Is there a refund process for those not having an Aadhar?
You will be billed 432, as is always the case. They have list of subsidised cylinders taken so far. Only Aadhar linked customer gets cylinders @ non-subsidised rate, and difference is refunded. Refund at the moment has its hiccup, like lesser subsidy is remitted (because earlier amount is less for non-subsidised cylinder) or not remitted at all! I don't have Aadhar! I booked twice after so called Aadhar mandatory by Feb drive started by HP. No issue will billing, always remains at 425 (in Bangalore).
Old 26th February 2014, 15:24   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
You will be billed 432, as is always the case. They have list of subsidised cylinders taken so far. Only Aadhar linked customer gets cylinders @ non-subsidised rate, and difference is refunded. Refund at the moment has its hiccup, like lesser subsidy is remitted (because earlier amount is less for non-subsidised cylinder) or not remitted at all! I don't have Aadhar! I booked twice after so called Aadhar mandatory by Feb drive started by HP. No issue will billing, always remains at 425 (in Bangalore).
Thank you Ragu. I was under the impression that the subsidy was done away with altogether, even for <6 cylinders. Now that would probably really push people to get their Aadhars.
Old 28th February 2014, 20:46   #445
BHPian

Having linked Aadhaar with the bank account as early as March 13 and with IOC in Dec 2013, we booked for a refill cylinder on 07 Feb 2014.

An advance amount of Rs.435 was credited into the bank account promptly on 10 Feb 2014 within 3 days.

The distributor took his own sweet time to deliver the cylinder. He was clearing the backlog as I was monitoring the status.

The cylinder was delivered on 22 Feb 2014 and we paid the non-subsidised price of Rs. 1261.99.

The subsidy amount of Rs. 730.44 was promptly credited into our account on 26 Feb 2014 within four days of delivery.

So it works out that we paid Rs.431.55 (1161.99-423.50), Rs. 8.05 more than the subsidised price of Rs. 423.50. That perhaps is the VAT - the penalty for having linked Aadhaar.

Now we still have the advance amount of Rs.435 and we don't as yet know whether this amount will be automatically withdrawn once the notification delinking Aadhaar and LPG delivery is out. From a news item I understand the delinking will be w.e.f. 01 Mar 2014. But no official notification as yet.

Whatever, the whole process of the credits into the bank account went on flawlessly. We really did not expect it to be such a smooth affair considering the confusion created all along.

Last edited by Ponmayilal : 28th February 2014 at 20:47.
Old 5th March 2014, 07:58   #446
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the vernacular link, will do my best to translate.

http://www.mathrubhumi.com/online/ma...4-03-05/kerala

Two Aadhar Cards with the Same Name, Postal Department in a State of Shock

Aluva: Two Aadhar cards meant for the same person. Hundreds of such cases in one post office itself has shocked the postal department. This happened to the Aadhar recipients in the Erumathala post office jurisdiction near Aluva.

Both cards have same details and Aadhar number but the bar codes are different. Some of the recipients rejected both cards but the postman says that some people accepted both. The postal department officials say that the suspicions of the general public need to be resolved in this matter.

---

The article is a little short of details (it doesn't make it very clear whether there are two UIDs per individual or if it is just a bug in the dispatch software of UIDAI, for example). It also doesn't say if the different barcodes scan to different UID numbers or not.
Old 12th March 2014, 10:39   #447
BHPian

Aadhaar a 'fraud', will review it if voted to power: BJP - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/h.../31864188.cms?

Quote:
BANGALORE: The BJP on Tuesday said it would review the Aadhaar programme if it comes to power at the Centre and demanded a CBI probe into the scheme, alleging it regularized illegal stay of migrants in India.
Old 21st March 2014, 10:39   #448
BHPian

How Nilekani compromised us on Aadhaar: Now, even UIDAI worries about misuse - http://www.firstbiz.com/economy/nile...urce=fp-footer

Quote:
So when Nandan Nilekani, the former UIDAI chairman and now Congress candidate from Bangalore South, boasts that he has delivered 600 million Aadhaar numbers to Indian residents, the right response is: so what? While he claims that he has delivered what he promised, the reality is he has compromised the citizen’s privacy in the bargain. His speed has done damage. The 600 million Aadhaar number recipients have little legal protection now if the data falls into the wrong hands.
Old 24th March 2014, 14:30   #449
Senior - BHPian

So beginning of the end for Aadhar?

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/cnb...t_1056769.html

"...the SC has now shut the door as far as linking the Aadhaar card to social security schemes, etc., is concerned."

Elsewhere, Cobrapost exposes a scam in which complicit officers provide ineligible people with Aadhar in exchange for money:

http://www.cobrapost.com/index.php/n...id=5773&cid=23
Old 24th March 2014, 16:57   #450
BHPian

Seems like Aadhar hasn't worked. SC came out with orders to center to withdraw orders making Aadhar mandatory for any service.

More information can be found here: http://ibnlive.in.com/news/withdraw-...875-37-64.html

Alas thousands of crores of rupees have gone down the drain and more importantly the biometric data of those people who have registered. How these data would be protected.
Closed Thread