Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 4th November 2010, 08:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default A bad dream!

As the water gushed through the tap, thoughts did so in mind. I was brushing my teeth and as soon as I remembered the dream, I could not stop myself from telling that to my wife.

As for most of my dreams, this too was in black and white, as if you are seeing things in dim moonlight on a power cut night. I cam back from I-donno-where and was shocked to see my car being ripped off in the side. In a very bad state.
And before I could actually react, I was able to control my dream (some times it happens, like when I fly in the dreams, I will be able to control but that is a different point )

So by the time I could allow my myself to settle that it was my car which got damaged badly, I quickly controlled the whole thing and made it someone else's car and coolly walked to my car.

As I just described briefly to my wife that I had this dream, she rounded her eyes in a way she does when I do something improbable on the road and said

"even I had a dream in which our car was damaged"

I asked her for more details, she shouted and told me that she does not remember anything more.

The first thing I did is to put it here. I don't believe in superstitions, but this is a bad coincidence. While I really want to shoo this off, I am having this glitch in one corner of my mind.

Advice!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 09:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

@Anil - Yes I too have experienced the same, but more with my Rx than my WagonR. Reason? The fear of unknown buried deep within us for the ones we love. They rise once in a while during the depth of sleep.

If you're fearing about something that would happen bad to you car, then I would say, stop thinking about it immediately though I know very well its not that easy. I once dreamed of my Rx getting lost & trust me, I woke up panicked, sweating in A/C. So that was my deep rotting fear.

Now, why did I ask you to stop thinking about it is because, when you start thinking something positively (in this instance your thought on car getting damaged) its bound to happen. Develop a strong opposing thoughts or simply forget it. I still know its easier said than done.
aargee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 09:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

@argee thanks for the comfort. More than the bad dream, I am worried about wwhy my wife too had a dream about it! Only time can tell :(
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 09:33   #4
BHPian

Probably you couple might have had discussed something on this topic or watched some program/news involving such incidents in the evening or before sleep.

Just do not worry too much and have an excellent day ! Happy deepawali
shyamhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 09:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

@Anil - Well, I'll pen down few things that I heard from people & with my own thoughts, it might be true & may be a blunder too.

A human thought is nothing but a magnetic wave, while emotions are chemical reactions. So, if one feel emotional (be it anger or affection) the other person sitting near need not feel so as it depends on each individual's hormones.

Now a thought wave is something totally different that has influence people even without communication. Have you ever felt in this situation that you meet someone for the first time in life, no prior intro or nothing, but you like or dislike the person at the first instance. If you feel that you like, then might want to start a conversation or you experience something unexplainable pleasure, but if you dislike, some uncomfortness.

Likewise, you Wifey would've had the strong influence of your thought waves striking & she might had the feeling of car getting damaged, but since its not her own thoughts, it might've faded soon & hence the coincidence explained in my terms of understanding. If there's any expert inhouse, I'm willing to learn on my mistake.

That's one of the reason why our ancestors kept saying, think good, do good & good will happen to you. The thought wave from you spreads around you making your presence comfortable with like minds & what the mind thinks will happen to you one day.
aargee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 11:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post

As for most of my dreams, this too was in black and white, as if you are seeing things in dim moonlight on a power cut night. I cam back from I-donno-where and was shocked to see my car being ripped off in the side. In a very bad state.

The first thing I did is to put it here. I don't believe in superstitions, but this is a bad coincidence. While I really want to shoo this off, I am having this glitch in one corner of my mind.

Advice!

Many times such dreams come. I think throughout the day what you observe, think, see and say sometimes comes together and become a dream.

I have experienced this many times. When i wake up in the morning i realize that most of the things is what i spoke, saw, thought, observed the day before came in dreams when i slept. I have even more horrible dream than you got, more like a doomsday and this is recurring which makes me jump from the seat.

In my family, we believe if we have a bad dream, its better to share as soon as possible, that way it doesn't become reality. So whenever i have bad dreams, i make it a point to tell somebody about it, be it to friends, relatives or any body close by. And after that just forget such a thing happened.

Believe me it works. try it
chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 12:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
In my family, we believe if we have a bad dream, its better to share as soon as possible, that way it doesn't become reality.
I recently dreamed that I did "Official New Car review" on Bugatti Veyron For team-bhp. But now that I told you guys it won't happen.
But hey it was not a bad dream.
Keeping my finger crossed.
download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 18:04   #8
BHPian

Even me to had a dream yesterday that someone stole my RX. The best part was that he gave a lift to his friend and they returned back. That is how i caught him. I even noticed that he had shorted the wires to the ignition lock..
Chipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 20:21   #9
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Dude. Forget the dream part of car getting ripped. In a world where husband and wife are diagonally opposite in thoughts, words and actions, you guys even dream the same! That matter that you both even dream the same needs to be cherished!
Take her out on a nice dinner or cherish the next on week! Nothing will happen to your car. As I pointed out in Satara, stop staring at it. Nazar lag jaayegi.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote