Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 19th December 2005, 12:17   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
What about the hindi movies where rape is routine ?
sheesh,

i remember front benchers cheering when phoolan devi's rape scene appeared in "the bandit queen" in the cinema hall.

felt ashamed of myself being one of the spectators.

I made a post on my company's BB to increase awareness on one's own safety, because that is the the least we can do for ourselves. campany can't go everywhere securing us. having contracted a cab company, HP would have never imagined this might happen.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2005, 14:03   #32
BHPian

Suggestion to improve the situation:
Try to schedule females only for day duty. Still if there is a demand for a female to perform her duty in odd hours - Company should provide all infrastructure for them to work from home.
VtecDeGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2005, 14:30   #33
BHPian

Precaution from others...
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...22,curpg-2.cms

Last edited by VtecDeGr8 : 19th December 2005 at 14:32.
VtecDeGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2005, 14:39   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

I happen to work for the same organisation but in a different location.

Was really shocked when i got to know this.

What is happening to Bangalore? i am no longer proud to say I am from Bangalore.... it just keeps getting worse and worse....

sometimes things like these are hushed up and go unreported also....

the culprit must be tortured to death... smash every joint in his body with a blunt hammer... keep him alive as much as possible while at it.....

May her sould rest in peace....

Last edited by n_aditya : 19th December 2005 at 14:41.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2005, 14:50   #35
BHPian

Another article on the net regarding this. http://o3.indiatimes.com/Bangalore_BPO_Problem. The comments for the article mirror the ones posted by T-BHP members.
sjcherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2005, 15:09   #36

Yes this news is really shocking as i never expected Banglore to go the way other metro's are really unsafe for ladies.:-(
viny_ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2005, 02:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First, hang the bugger and set an example.
I agree Steeroid but remember Dhananjay? The media actually turned him into a martyr a few days before he hanged. That was crazy! And then how does one deal with the human rights organisations that are going to jump up to defend these rapists if they are going to be hanged?
The only way out is culture education for people. Respect fore women is no longer there. What scares me is some pyscho's somewhere will read this news and we may end up reading some call center qualis/sumo attacked by a group of 8-10 guys who hammered the driver and male colleagues and raped and murdered the women. Thats scary! Hope it never happens.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2005, 10:28   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
I agree Steeroid but remember Dhananjay? The media actually turned him into a martyr a few days before he hanged. That was crazy! And then how does one deal with the human rights organisations that are going to jump up to defend these rapists if they are going to be hanged?
al around the world desis are known for bending the rules, and misusing any system. the minute you bring a system in place, we start looking for loopholes.

same with the human rights here. thos guys will never understand that human rights only work for sensible humans. we desis only listen to danda.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2005, 11:14   #39
Team-BHP Support

Now there is a new twist in the story. Apparently this victim had a love marriage against her parents wishes. Now the victim's parents are claiming that this is a conspiracy by her husband. Apparently she had taken an insurance policy recently and that he got her killed to claim that money.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2007, 22:35   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Second, legalize prostitution and stop turning sex into a taboo. That MAY stop such desperate people from turning into sexual predators.
Could'nt agree more. Anyone heard of rapes in Thailand?
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2007, 22:50   #41
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Well one more thing can happen.. and that is Male colleagues raping thier female colleagues..

I think the measure should be female drivers.. Female drivers picking and dropping girls and male picking and droppign guys..

What you all guys think about this idea??
I have been advocating this idea as well. female drivers are better, safer and sedate drivers. Also, female drivers are perfectly safe as they know whom they are picking up or dropping - its easy to trace the employees in case of a mishappening. The only risk is when driving alone from a drop or proceeding for a pickup.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 12:40   #42
Senior - BHPian

The Hindu : Karnataka / Bangalore News : Pratibha case takes a new turn

Quote:
the police had filed an FIR, accusing Mr. Mittal current president of the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) of violating the aforementioned statutory orders.

Quote:
In a fresh turn of events in the Pratibha Srikant Murthy case, which is being closely watched by IT and BPO majors, the Supreme Court on Thursday declined to re-examine the contentions of Som Mittal, former Managing Director of Hewlett Packard Global Soft Ltd, for quashing the FIR lodged against him by Karnataka police.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 12:46   #43
Team-BHP Support

Can we file an FIR against the NHAI for all highway related accidents?
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 12:54   #44
BANNED

Cool

Wrong thread buddy. Please do a search and post in the correct thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Can we file an FIR against the NHAI for all highway related accidents?
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 14:05   #45
BHPian

WE should be able to hold our Chief Ministers and in turn our Prime Minister responsible for all the crimes WE do........apart from all the crimes they do themselves.

-- Torqy

Last edited by Torqy : 22nd February 2008 at 14:07.
Torqy is offline   Reply With Quote