Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 20th December 2010, 11:31   #1
BHPian

Default Bangalore Cyclothon 2011 Details

Mod please re post it in appropriate section:

BSA Hercules India Cyclothon

What is ‘India Cyclothon’ 2011
BSA Hercules India Cyclothon is a mass participation cycling event for professional, amateurs and the casual biker. The event intends to promote the cause of cycling and promote the various benefits associated with cycling namely the environment consciousness and health.

Is there any age limit for participation?
The lower age limit is 8 years but there is no upper age limit, although participants are requested to have a complete health check up and take the advice of their doctor.

Can an individual apply for multiple rides?
No, an individual can apply only for one ride in the Event. An entry form received with two options chosen, will be liable to be rejected.

What are the different race categories?

Ride Categories
Status
Distance
Amount (Rs.)
Age Eligibility
National Elite - Men Competitive 50 km Criterium Race Invitation Only 18 years and above
Corporate Ride

Amateur Ride Non- Competitive

Non –Competitive 25 km

25 km 300

300 18 years and above

18 years and above
Green Ride
Non –Competitive 13 km 300 14 years and above
Junior Ride
(1 parent or guardian is mandatory – see note below) Non –Competitive 05 km 300 8 to 13 years

Which is the last date to submit entries?
 Registration will open till ride places are full
 Corporate Registrations will close a week before the event

What are the modes of registering for the Event?
 Online registration through event website: - REGISTRATIONS COMMENCE 15th DEC 2010 | BSA HERCULES INDIA CYCLOTHON
 Corporate registration through e-mailing to corporatescyclo@gmail.com or by calling the corporate help line no. 09739694513
 On the spot registration on Friday, January 21, 2011 and Saturday, January 22nd, 2011. Timing: 10:00 am to 07:00 pm. The Venue will be updated shortly.

Are cycles available on ‘Hire’ and what would be the charges?
Yes, we have limited cycles available on hire available on ‘First-Come-First-Serve’ basis, at an amount of Rs: 350/- which is non-refundable. The cycles will be given ONLY on the event day and the payment for cycle hire can be made ONLY at the EXPO on the 21st and 22nd of January 2011.

Do I get a Refund of Registration Fee incase the available Cycles on Hire get exhausted?
No, the Registration Fee will not be refunded in this case. You will have to make your own arrangement for a Cycle.

What are the various modes of entry fee payment?
 Cheque (only local Bengaluru Cheque or at par)
 Demand Draft (payable at Bengaluru)
 Credit Card /Debit Card/Online Banking (for Online Registration)
 Entry Form along with the Cheque / Demand Draft needs to be posted/couriered to: Chandresh Madhwani , Network18, Tower C , Millenia No. 1 & 2, 6 Floor, Landwing, Murphy Road, Ulsoor, Bengaluru 560008
 On spot registration on Friday, January 21, 2011 to Saturday, January 22nd, 2011

In whose name should the Cheque or Demand Draft be made?
All Cheques and Demand Drafts need to be in favor of “India Cyclothon”

What is the Corporate Ride and how can corporates register?
 Corporates are free to take part in any ride category. However there’s in exclusive ride category for them called “Corporate ride”. Corporate group registration can be done by calling corporate helpline 09739694513 or by sending an email to corporatescyclo@gmail.com. It is MANDATORY for the point contact of the corporate to send a duly filled Excel sheet with the following details:
1. Participants Name, 2. DOB 3. Contact Number 4. Email, 5. Ride Category

 Payment of the total participation fee should be made through Cheque in favor of “India Cyclothon”

Are there any medical precautions I should take before applying for the event?
It is advisable for all persons desirous of participating in Cyclothon event to please review the following questions before filling in your entries [Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire [PAR (Q)] AND YOU:

1. Has your doctor ever said that you have a heart condition and that you should only do physical activity recommended by a doctor?
2. Do you feel pain in your chest/knee/palms or cramps when you do physical activity?
3. In the past month, have you had chest pain when you were not doing physical activity?
4. Do you lose your balance because of dizziness or do you ever lose consciousness?
5. Do you have a bone or a joint problem that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
6. Is your doctor currently prescribing drugs (for e.g. Water pills) for your blood pressure or heart condition?
7. Are you pregnant?
8. Do you have insulin dependent diabetes or other disease?
9. Do you know of any other reason why you should not do physical activity?
If you have answered YES to any of the above questions, we strongly recommend that you seek advice from your doctor before you register and forward you entry for the cycle Race.

How will my acceptance be intimated to me?
On confirmation of your entry, you will be intimated through Email and SMS. Please ensure you enter a valid Email Id and Mobile Number in the Registration Form.

On what grounds can my entry be rejected or declared invalid?
Your entry can be rejected on any of the following grounds:
 Incomplete form submitted
 ‘Waiver’ not signed
 Applicant is underage for the race chosen
 Mutilated form / Cheque / Demand Draft
 Short receipt or non-receipt of entry fee
 Cheque “Bengaluru Payable” or “Payable at Par” not submitted
 Cheque or demand draft submitted, returned not cleared by the Bank
 Cycling places are full
 Any other reason

Can entries be cancelled?
Requests for cancellations and refunds will not be entertained.

Can I transfer my entry/registration in favor of another person?
Registrations are NOT TRANSFERABLE.

When and from where do I collect my ride number bib?
There will be an EXPO on Friday, January 21, 2011 to Saturday, January 22nd, 2011, Timings: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm. The Venue will be updated shortly. You will have to come to the Expo to collect your Goodie Bag and Bib.

Is there anything I have to carry to the Expo so as to be eligible for my Participation?
Do I have to carry any proof to the Expo?
Yes, the following are mandatory:
 Individuals must bring the original acceptance letter, or the email confirmation copy or sms
Please carry some Proof of Identification (Photo Id) e.g. driving license, passport copy or company/school/college identity card, required by registration officials at the Expo.
The ‘Waiver’ on the Acceptance letter must be signed by the participant or his/her guardian, if the participant is below the age of 18 years.
 Corporates can send one representative with a copy of the final List of Participants, copy of the Identity Proof of that representative and an Authority Letter, and can collect the bibs on their company’s behalf

Can my representative collect my number bib on my behalf and what formalities are required to be followed for the same?
Yes, your representative can collect the Bib (ride number) on your behalf provided the person has an authority letter, the original acceptance Letter signed by the participant and proof of representative's identity.
Aki_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 17:49   #2

Default re: Bangalore Cyclothon 2011 Details

I recently got to know that Columbia Asia is also organizing a Cyclothon in Bangalore on the 1st of May 2011. It is an initiative by the hospital to promote healthy living among people.

Date : May 01 2011
Day: SundayTime: 6:30 am to 8:30 amVenue: Kanteerava Stadium to Columbia Asia Referral Hospital, Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore

Cycling enthusiasts could log on the http://www.facebook.com/columbiaasiacyclothon to register.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th April 2011 at 18:06. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external font editors. Also Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks
Kavish11 is offline   Reply With Quote