Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 23rd December 2005, 18:23   #1
BANNED

Talking www.team-bhp.mom???

Believe it or not, my mom who is 60+ and a grandmother of 4 just asked me why she doesn’t have a Team-BHP membership? LOL.

Thing is I lost my dad when I was 19 and ever since then I’ve made it a point to make mom a very important part of my life. Over the years, mom and I have come to discuss things just like a father and son would… This includes cars (and we discuss cars/ topics found on Team-BHP a lot). Very often, she has a viewpoint so different from mine and that at times leads to me seeing things in a way that works out to be better than the way I did. She has even posed questions like “How come the Accord doesn’t have A/C vents at the back when a Lancer had it way back in 99 and is a car which belongs to a lower segment?” and “How come your GTX has such a bad turning radius? Your brother’s Jeep would’ve taken this U turn so easily”. If you ask her, which is her favorite car brand, she says “Audi! Beautiful and practical cars”. When she said she should be a Team-BHP member too, I laughed and asked her “Ma! You have arthritis, how will you type a post?" She said, “Print the threads, we will discuss and you will type my viewpoints”… As innovative as the Toyota Innova!

I still don’t know if it’s a good idea for her to be a member, but I just wanted to share this with you all.
Old 23rd December 2005, 18:31   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Amusing story. That said, I think her comments would give all of us a run for the money.

Lets have her on board!

GTO
Old 23rd December 2005, 18:40   #3
BHPian

Now we can have a member who can answer a lot more than auto queries.
Old 23rd December 2005, 18:40   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoombastic
Believe it or not, my mom who is 60+ and a grandmother of 4 just asked me why she doesn’t have a Team-BHP membership? LOL.

Thing is I lost my dad when I was 19 and ever since then I’ve made it a point to make mom a very important part of my life. Over the years, mom and I have come to discuss things just like a father and son would… This includes cars (and we discuss cars/ topics found on Team-BHP a lot). Very often, she has a viewpoint so different from mine and that at times leads to me seeing things in a way that works out to be better than the way I did. She has even posed questions like “How come the Accord doesn’t have A/C vents at the back when a Lancer had it way back in 99 and is a car which belongs to a lower segment?” and “How come your GTX has such a bad turning radius? Your brother’s Jeep would’ve taken this U turn so easily”. If you ask her, which is her favorite car brand, she says “Audi! Beautiful and practical cars”. When she said she should be a Team-BHP member too, I laughed and asked her “Ma! You have arthritis, how will you type a post?" She said, “Print the threads, we will discuss and you will type my viewpoints”… As innovative as the Toyota Innova!

I still don’t know if it’s a good idea for her to be a member, but I just wanted to share this with you all.
hey, Why not ??? This forum is not about dudes & babes .. its way beyond that --- Its about automobiles, its about engines, about all things related to a car so if ur mom is a car freak why not ?? Maybe we cud learn a few things from her .... Mayeb make her the SUPER-MODERATOR ... We allready have a dad-son team aboard , so now a first mom-son team --

Looking forward to hearing few more opinions from her ..

Cheers
Old 23rd December 2005, 18:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Go go go ... Mr.Boommastic i want my aunt(Your mom) on this forum...

Quote:
“How come the Accord doesn’t have A/C vents at the back when a Lancer had it way back in 99 and is a car which belongs to a lower segment?” and “How come your GTX has such a bad turning radius? Your brother’s Jeep would’ve taken this U turn so easily”
Old 23rd December 2005, 18:57   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoombastic

Very touching!!!

I was finally able to convince my mom to drive my Santro for sometime while i use her palio. hehehehe!!!
Old 23rd December 2005, 18:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

If my mom was as knowledgible as your mom, she woulve been on the forum before me

Boombastic, I donno whats your apprehensiveness all about.....you dont need permission and eligibility to get on the this forum...you wouldve never been here if that was the case kidding man!!! All you need is passion,,,passion for automobile and I think your mom has it in plenty... Go ahead and get her on...we are waiting.

Last edited by The Wolf : 23rd December 2005 at 19:00.
Old 23rd December 2005, 19:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

[SIZE=2]Man, your mother certainly has some great points to make. I'd love to see her common-sense points of view on TBHP![/SIZE]
Old 23rd December 2005, 19:09   #9
BANNED

Talking

gr8 man u should bring ur mom on this forum at least we will be happy that some one is there who can help us out as our own mom does wel that different but hey u should encourage her man god bless you both have fun and tell ur mom that she is welcome .......................................
Old 23rd December 2005, 19:16   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hey Boombastic

Thats really awesome and I see that your mom does make lots of valid points. Get her aboard on the forum. It would be great to have a mother figure here for all of us

So when is she registering?
Old 23rd December 2005, 19:29   #11
BHPian

Thats a great Idea Bro now we all can have AotuGranny,, sounds kool man i wish even my granny could speak to me about car, But what a luck , My mom can't even tell difference between Scorpio and Safari and for that mater Qualis and safari, for her all big Jeeps are safari, Wonder what she'll say when she'll see Humvvy.
Old 23rd December 2005, 19:36   #12
Senior - BHPian

Mr. Boombastic

Bring on the MotorMom. If she's really good at it, the mods may someday consider a 'Ask MotorMom' section..........
Old 23rd December 2005, 20:52   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If my mom was as knowledgible as your mom, she woulve been on the forum before me
If your mom was as knowledgable, you'd have been driving the Alto. Hehe

Shan2nu
Old 23rd December 2005, 20:55   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hey Anand,
nice to hear your mom is also a car freak man!!! Come on, lets have her on board!!!
Old 23rd December 2005, 20:57   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hey dude,
very touching story indeed!!!!Your mom should definately be on this forum.She would definately keep all the newbies and bacchas in line!!!like one Mr.rudraji (he'll have some competion too!!)
I'm very curious to know(if she doesn't join that is)what her username would be.
binz,

ps:no offence intended
Closed Thread