Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 10th March 2011, 12:28   #181
BANNED

Default Re: The Cricket World Cup 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
The actual reflections of Team India strengths will be displayed in the coming match of SA & WI
+1 to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Phew, India again scraped through the Netherland attack. Boy the 4 wickets which fell within a shot span had started giving me thoughts of an upset but finally India scored a win.
I am sure of win, but manner in which it achived is leaves gut feeling! I couldn't understand hopw could Pathan, Kohli, Gambir lost their wicket! It was not great bowling that got them out, but its their attitude! This scares me lot! Why can't these guys assume every time they are playing, they are playing against SA, Aus or Pak. That way they shouldn't take it 'easy'. No doubt we have gr8 batting team, only thing is their head is acting against sprit of play! Out of 3 so called minows, only blangadesh we took advanatge in Bowling! That show our attitude rather than our capabilities.

Time and time again these Doni says we had this in mind, that in mind. But never admits that they failed to achive! I know being positive is good, but he should address the attitude! Chawla still playing? Will he play till selectors proven right to select him or what?
Old 12th March 2011, 18:26   #182
BHPian

What a spectacular collapse! I'm bewildered!!
Old 12th March 2011, 18:32   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
What a spectacular collapse! I'm bewildered!!
+1

What kind of batting is this? As someone noted on Cricinfo, these batsmen have been playing way too many T20s. They can't even last 50 overs. The match is South Africa's to lose now.
Old 12th March 2011, 18:44   #184
PPS
Senior - BHPian

In the last 11 overs every batsman went for the Million Dollar shots. All it needed was a bit of application. In the game against England we had a minor collapse in the batting power play ,but today it was a major collapse. Our bowlers will have to put up an exceptional performance now to win this match! Lets hope there is no dew.
Our top 3 batted well. Well done Tendulkar.
Old 12th March 2011, 19:19   #185
BHPian

Post Re: The Cricket World Cup 2011 thread

The Great Indian Batting Collapse yet again
But despite the mess Sachin Tendulkar Remains to be the Undisputed God Of Batting, so bows to the legend.
Lets see how our bowlers restrict the South African Batsman, fingers crossed !

Note from Support: No more than 2 smilies allowed per post.

Last edited by Eddy : 12th March 2011 at 20:13. Reason: Note Inline
Old 12th March 2011, 21:50   #186
Senior - BHPian

Time to plan for facing Pakistan in the quarter finals
Old 12th March 2011, 22:46   #187
Senior - BHPian

Now if Dhoni keeps both , Sreesanth and Ashwin out of a single match in the CWC - he is surely blind or biased !
Old 12th March 2011, 22:56   #188
Senior - BHPian

How many times will Dhoni let India loose a match by giving last over to the GOD of PITAU bowling Nehra??? This is 3rd or fourth or even more time that Nehra is single handly responsible for India's LOSE in the last over...

Last edited by mercedised : 12th March 2011 at 22:58.
Old 12th March 2011, 22:58   #189
Senior - BHPian

Bringing a low-on-confidence nehra for the final over was the final nail in the coffin in this match. Forcing the power play when sachin was not comfortable with it was the first wrong step taken by dhoni. Gambhir just forgot that there was a leg side in the field and everyone wanted to please dhoni and played stupidly. I'd say bring raina, ashwin and sreesanth for the WI match which will be a trendsetter for the remaining matches if we have to be a dominating side in this WC.
Old 12th March 2011, 23:08   #190
BHPian

Unhappy Re: The Cricket World Cup 2011 thread

I feel extremely sorry for Sachin.

What else should this man do??? See his commitment even when when they just need 3 runs, He hits the stumps from the boundary!

At the age of 37 he turns up at the ground hits a breathtaking hundred and still end up on the losing side!

Oh my almighty God I really want this man to kiss the Cup, he really deserves it more than anyone else!
Hope you will shower some common sense on his teammates so that they don't fluff opportunities to pin the opponents to the mat once he has battered them down

Hope this defeat will serve Team India the kick in their backside so that they will wake up to win the cup for every Indian Cricket lover and Indian Cricket's 1st citizen - Sachin Tendulkar.

Hats off to you Maestro, keep delivering those awesome hundreds, You are the champ and you will surely win this time

God has sent you to Earth to play Cricket and he surely wouldn't want you to lose always!
Old 12th March 2011, 23:09   #191
Senior - BHPian

Going behind the scenes, I feel Zaheer gives too much importance to his dear friend Nehra, as a friend should really do. I feel he has done enough and has to let him go. If not for Zaheer, Nehra would not have been in this squad. Nehra has been fantastic in certain times, certainly not now. I liked the way Patel bowled today and also bhajji. There are a lot of positives for India in the bowling dept today which is a BIG thing considering how we fared against Bangla, Eng, Ireland and Netherlands.
Old 12th March 2011, 23:15   #192
Team-BHP Support

Our team still needs to find the right balance. While Zaheer has been bowling incredibly well for a while now, he needs support at the other end. And both Munaf and Nehra do not have the adequate fire-power or brains to support him. And that was proved in this match.

Bhajji should have been given the ball instead of Nehra, if you ask me. He would have, in all probability, conceded a six, but he would have forced a few dot-balls and put some pressure on Peterson as well. And SA's lower order aren't comfortable playing spin. I really wonder why the ball was given to Nehra.

SA needed some quick full-length deliveries towards the end, and they got some nice juicy ones as Nehra obliged.

IMO, the best bowling team will win this World Cup. And at the moment, that would be SA. They are the only team to have taken all 10 wickets in all the matches that they've played.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 12th March 2011 at 23:22.
Old 12th March 2011, 23:18   #193
BHPian

Nehra is being lugged around for quiet a long time. I feel he should not be even considered for WC team.No use ,Pathetic bowling ,batting and terrible fielding.Ashwin definitely deserves a place. I dont know when dhoni is going to give a chance may be in finals.With this kind of pathetic bowling I dont want to see India in the finals .Let the truly deserving teams be there .
Sachin, Tough luck.
Old 12th March 2011, 23:32   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
At the age of 37 he turns up at the ground hits a breathtaking hundred and still end up on the losing side!
He will be 38 in a month and what a WC he is having already. He will continue like this till the end of this WC. Like you said, what else can he do ??? I would like to smack the backsides of anyone who complains about his non achievements. I have the feeling that only Sachin can win this cup for india, no one else. That kind of an innings will certainly come one day.
Old 12th March 2011, 23:37   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I have the feeling that only Sachin can win this cup for india, no one else. That kind of an innings will certainly come one day.
This match was the prime example of the fact that only Sachin can't win us the WC. Everyone in the team has to chip-in if we have to advance through the semis.
Closed Thread