Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 14th March 2011, 12:38   #226
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Cricket World Cup 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Nehra and Munaf are no better than street players.
You should have seen Nehra's reaction when he got out. He was behaving like something wrong happened and he was a victim of a bad decision. Come on, atleast give it a try than giving up.
Old 14th March 2011, 12:45   #227
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The Cricket World Cup 2011 thread

I still fail to understand Dhoni's decision of giving the last over to Nehra when the main strike bowler Zaheer was very frugal through out his spell. Now Dhoni has made it personal saying that Nehra did not live up to the expectation.

The way Nehra reacted when Peterson hit him for a six was worth seeing, felt like some one slapped him hard enough to make him come to his senses.
Old 14th March 2011, 13:26   #228
BHPian

In the India team, why there are no southies playing? Why is there a partiality?
I mean about Sreesanth and Ashwin. Sreesanth is aggressive and doesnt do anything silly, even if its silly, he would have taken a wicket or two.
God only knows why Raina and Ashwin are asked to sit on bench. And why is dhoni asking Raina to field as a sub, he knew he is a good fielder, then put him in the 11.
Chawla, Nehra and Munaf are losers. No player smiles hard after giving a Six and a Four in the final over.

My 11 is,
Sehwag
Sachin
Gambhir
Raina
Yuvraj
Kohli
Dhoni
Harbhajan
Ashwin
Sreesanth
Zaheer

If the above team goes for the knockout, I am sure, Sachin would kiss the WC this time. Its a mix of batting, fielding and bowling.

Cheers
Old 14th March 2011, 13:33   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
In the India team, why there are no southies playing? Why is there a partiality?
Dude??? Please don't bring up such nonsense. We already have enough of this floating around otherwise.

Last edited by Spitfire : 14th March 2011 at 13:35.
Old 14th March 2011, 13:38   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
This is a tight slap on Sachin's bashers who says Sachin's century can't win matches for India.

The 'myth' about Sachin ton and India losing | Cricket News | Cricbuzz.com

I guess any player would give an arm/leg to play and score like the way Sachin does.
Sachin, because he is so good, others simply give up when he does well.
My gut feeling is that as long as Sachin plays, India will never win the world cup. I will be happy if i am proved wrong.
Before the world cup started, every cricketer and his dog wanted to win the cup for Sachin. But after seeing 5 matches, it is clear that most of them are least bothered.
Old 14th March 2011, 13:50   #231
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: The Cricket World Cup 2011 thread

The B group points table is getting more surprising with every match now that Bangladesh are tipped to win todays encounter with Netherlands. It will be Do or Die for India against West indies if they have to lead the points table. With SA still to play two matches they are sure to topple India from the lead. If bangladesh defeat Netherlands today they would join the top 4 teams and ensure a QF berth. England have one final match against West Indies and this will decide who stays for QF.

This is going to be one hell of a suspense thriller.
Old 14th March 2011, 14:05   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
stays for QF.

This is going to be one hell of a suspense thriller.
With India being in any group it will always be a suspense thriller whether they would make it or not to the Q/F. Think that is there in the DNA.

Cheers!
Old 14th March 2011, 14:16   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
You should have seen Nehra's reaction when he got out. He was behaving like something wrong happened and he was a victim of a bad decision. Come on, atleast give it a try than giving up.
+1 to that, I was really angry to see that. According to me Sreesanth is a better option compared to Nehra. He is in the playing eleven/team just because of that one match against England (2003 world cup??)
Present Indian bowling squad looks like bunch of losers.

Last edited by Latheesh : 14th March 2011 at 14:18.
Old 14th March 2011, 14:16   #234
Senior - BHPian

No matter what everyone says in my opinion the match was clearly fixed. 266/1 and then 297 all out by the best batting team in the tournament is shocking.The more shocking fact is the way of them getting out. Not a single person tried to stay on the wicket and score in singles. Check out dhoni. He was giving strike to no.10-11 as if they were main batsman!!

Ponder about this- A betting session comes at 38 overs. Which means from 38 to 50 over. And when did india took powerplay-39over. When did things went all wrong- from 39th over. Whoever bets must have betted on India more than 300+ at 38th over for sure. How many India scored- 297. Does this rings any bells?
Why isn't ICC checking this match for fixing when they made so much cry about OZ batting slowly?

Why wasn't sreesanth given another chance when chawla has been made the most impo member of the team. Ashwins fault is that he is mentally strong and will perform well in tense situations as per Mr. Dhoni. Kohli is in the team as a No.3 but he bats at 7 where he cant even put bat to ball leave aside hitting it.
Drop Nehra and Munaf. Play Ashwin and Sreesanth. Sree may leak runs but he picks that important wicket also when needed.Moreover he brings the aggression in bowling which is lacking in this team.
Drop Kohli and play raina who can finish the innings with yusuf at 6-7.

And for god sake give the great man Sachin some support to win this cup cos he seems to be the only one who is giving his everything for it.

What made me really angry was Dhoni's comment that we are not playing for the crowd but for the country. Is he insane. Who the hell makes the country-The people in it. If we wont see their matches they will be playing street cricket with no money and no fame. Idiotic!

In all probability we will finish at 2 or 3 in the table which means playing Pakistan or NZ. Now that will be very interesting if we play Pakistan in qf.

Last edited by harry10 : 14th March 2011 at 14:20.
Old 14th March 2011, 14:30   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
No matter what everyone says in my opinion the match was clearly fixed. 266/1 and then 297 all out by the best batting team in the tournament is shocking.T
In what way is it the best batting team in the tournament?
Old 14th March 2011, 14:40   #236
BHPian

What India needs are good sportsmen and good cricketers. Instead we have a bunch of self styled TV stars! That is the problem. They have also got so used to T-20 that they think in every match they just have to perform for 4 overs!! That is the other problem.

I hate to say this but this Indian team does not deserve to be even in the quarter finals. It will indeed be a sad day for cricket if this team reaches the semis at the cost of some other cricket playing nation.
Old 14th March 2011, 14:42   #237
BHPian

Quote:
What made me really angry was Dhoni's comment that we are not playing for the crowd but for the country. Is he insane. Who the hell makes the country-The people in it. If we wont see their matches they will be playing street cricket with no money and no fame. Idiotic!

In all probability we will finish at 2 or 3 in the table which means playing Pakistan or NZ. Now that will be very interesting if we play Pakistan in qf.
I think Dhoni's comment is a valid one. What he meant was that there was no need to try those big shots, when singles would have taken the score to 330.
Playing for gallery = hitting sixes every second ball.
But, what is surprising is that he could have said the same to those batsmen in the middle, not after the match. If he told them in the middle and they didn't listen to him, then Dhoni shouldn't be leading the team.

In QF i think we will face either SL or NZ if we finish 2 or 3. Pakistan will most likely be in 4th place, as their RR is behind NZ right now.
Old 14th March 2011, 15:59   #238
BHPian

I do not see what strategy Dhoni had in mind.

In a high scoring ground, when the tail is exposed Dhoni scored 12 runs from 21 balls and no boundaries from 21 balls at the end of the innings - NOT ACCEPTABLE.

If he being a batsman cannot hit a boundary in 21 balls, he cannot be pointing fingers at the bowlers!

If he had scored 21 runs in 21 balls at least, India could have won.
Old 14th March 2011, 16:12   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No matter what everyone says in my opinion the match was clearly fixed. 266/1 and then 297 all out by the best batting team in the tournament is shocking.
Boss lets give the match fixing topic a break!! If thats the case imagine how many matches SA have lost in last few years after being in a good position, so thats also FIXED??? It was clearly a batting collapse ( rather over ambitious by batsmen to touch 350+) which is totally not acceptable from such a strong batting line up.

Quote:
Sree may leak runs but he picks that important wicket also when needed.Moreover he brings the aggression in bowling which is lacking in this team.
Sree has not been consistent but yes he does pick up wickets when required ,
I would still opt for Munaf and Zaheer though.

Quote:
Drop Kohli and play raina who can finish the innings with yusuf at 6-7.
Kohli has been quite consistent at No.3. I would still stick with Kohli inspite of his 'Attitude'. Though Raina should be given a chance for next match over Pathan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The way Gambhir dropped the catch the other day looked like he didn't have any clue where the ball was supposed to go.
If you are talking about the dropped catch of AB, replays clearly showed he had slipped when he had almost caught it.
Old 14th March 2011, 17:59   #240
BANNED

I was looking at the points table, and was quite shocked to see the fates of certain teams.

England is not able to make a Big impact as they are supposed to

GROUP A
Team Match Won Lost Tied N/R Pts NRR
1) New Zealand 5 4 1 0 0 8 +1.957

2) Sri Lanka 5 3 1 0 1 7 +2.705

3) Australia 4 3 0 0 1 7 +1.645

4) Pakistan 4 3 1 0 0 6 +0.760

5) Zimbabwe 4 1 3 0 0 2 -0.690

6) Canada 5 1 4 0 0 2 -2.046

7) Kenya 5 0 5 0 0 0 -3.005

GROUP B
Team Match Won Lost Tied N/R Pts NRR
1) India 5 3 1 1 0 7 +0.768

2) West Indies 4 3 1 0 0 6 +2.189

3) South Africa 4 3 1 0 0 6 +1.352

4) Bangladesh 5 3 2 0 0 6 -0.765

5) England 5 2 2 1 0 5 +0.013

6) Ireland 4 1 3 0 0 2 -0.420

7) Netherlands 5 0 5 0 0 0 -2.386

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 14th March 2011 at 18:03.
Closed Thread