Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 23rd March 2011, 10:35   #256
BANNED

Default Re: The Cricket World Cup 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
Not sure if i am forgetting something, but rarely seen that except the innings against Bangladesh.
Indian team is going to be under huge pressure, even though Aus lost the last game, they are the best team i feel still in many ways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Actually, you are.

You see, those ratings were given based on the performances of the players in this World Cup Tournament. And numbers should be enough to prove Sehwag's 5/5 rating. Take a look at his average. He has done a wonderful job as an opener in this tournament. Hope he continues his form.
What about his innings against SA. Smith is totally clueless while explosive duo playing in tandem. Smith even wasted on review, just to talk to his player about keeping the nerve. Thats what he does to opposition! Even best bowler like Stein loose their nerve while bowling to him. I wish tomorrow he disintegrates Aussie lineup. Watching Ponting helpless face, priceless!.

Its shame that other choked to loose the match from that position. It pains me to see Tendulkars innings always end up in lose. They talk about "winning for Tendulkar", he puts solid foundation only to see his team undoing the same! What must be his feeling? Seeing his knock and seeing all his team members chocking one after other! Hope the great man gets his century of centuries tomorrow and team for once keeps their word and "win it for Tendulkar!".
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:57   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
It pains me to see Tendulkars innings always end up in lose.
You are generalizing things too much. Read this - The 'myth' about Sachin ton and India losing | Cricket News | Cricbuzz.com
Old 23rd March 2011, 14:52   #258
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
What about his innings against SA. Smith is totally clueless while explosive duo playing in tandem. Smith even wasted on review, just to talk to his player about keeping the nerve. Thats what he does to opposition! Even best bowler like Stein loose their nerve while bowling to him. I wish tomorrow he disintegrates Aussie lineup. Watching Ponting helpless face, priceless!.

Its shame that other choked to loose the match from that position. It pains me to see Tendulkars innings always end up in lose. They talk about "winning for Tendulkar", he puts solid foundation only to see his team undoing the same! What must be his feeling? Seeing his knock and seeing all his team members chocking one after other! Hope the great man gets his century of centuries tomorrow and team for once keeps their word and "win it for Tendulkar!".
I agree that he is explosive, but so were Gilchrist, Symonds and the likes. Its about being reliable and taking a match away from the opposition in the crunch matches. 8 times out of 10 i can bet he will get out within a score of 30-40 runs only while a class player should stay on longer i feel. I am doing a like to like with other such players and i feel he is not delivering what we want, while sachin does. I do not recall seeing an innings from him that was a MATCH winning for a while in One Days(he does in tests), he gives a great launching pad. Class players have had the team rotate around them in crunch matches, like sachin has many times, so did people like Viv Richards, Gilchrist and even ponting to name a few .Anyways its just my opinion
Todays match is interesting though- weakest batting side in the lot now against strongest bowling side!
Old 23rd March 2011, 15:40   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
Class players have had the team rotate around them in crunch matches, like sachin has many times, so did people like Viv Richards, Gilchrist and even ponting to name a few .Anyways its just my opinion
You are comparing Sehwag to Gilchrist and Jayasuriya just by your perspective of all 3. Look at the ODI career stats of all 3 and you will realize. Tendulkar, Ponting etc are in a different league altogether.
Old 23rd March 2011, 15:52   #260
MCR
BHPian

I think MSD's team will have a tough one against the Aussies. This is because MSD's team has been highly inconsistent. Less said the better about bowling. Aswin does make a difference, but Munaf is as useless as chawla. Add to this, the Aussies field better, Brett lee has been in excellent form. A few quick wickets in the beginning and its the end of road for MSD's team.

However I pray for Sachin the wizard. If luck is with him, he can single handedly win the world cup. Also its the final frontier in his excellent career.
Old 23rd March 2011, 15:57   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Also its the final frontier in his excellent career.
Err.. Pardon my ignorance but has this come straight from the horses mouth or its just a speculation considering age and fitness. IMO he would play till he enjoys and can contribute positively. This is what I hear him and his wife say everytime.
Old 23rd March 2011, 16:00   #262
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Err.. Pardon my ignorance but has this come straight from the horses mouth or its just a speculation considering age and fitness. IMO he would play till he enjoys and can contribute positively. This is what I hear him and his wife say everytime.
Yes sir. We all want him to carry on till he can. What I mean here is, considering his brilliance and looking at his records, World cup should not end up as the only missing thing in his book of achievements.
Old 23rd March 2011, 16:07   #263
Senior - BHPian

We all are so fanatic about the game! I so wish Sachin gets his 100th ton, against the side he loves to play the most! That would surely be a sight to behold!

I completely agree on Munaf and Chawla being useless. Fielding- less said the better. What are we going to do if Watson, Hussey, Clarke and Punter put up their best show? Even a target of 350 would be hard to defend, given our current bowling and fielding.
Old 23rd March 2011, 16:10   #264
Team-BHP Support

While Sachin's hundred-ton-topic continues, may I remind you'll that Pakistan has absolutely destroyed the WI batting line-up. What a spectacular batting collapse. I honestly believed that the Windies had something in them and that they would come hard at the Pakistani bowlers.
Old 23rd March 2011, 17:33   #265
Senior - BHPian

112 all out.
I think chris gayle and co. left their brains in the carribean when they came for the world cup. Ridiculous application by all batsman.
Sarwan and chanderpaul forgot its a one dayer.
Pakistan will surely win this and if India wins tomm'(which i am sure they will) well we have an Indo-Pak semi final. What else we want
Old 23rd March 2011, 18:08   #266
BHPian

I know what more i want. India beats pakistan, and goes on to win the cup. But i will sit back and enjoy the cricket and hope its unlike the west indian batting.
Old 23rd March 2011, 18:17   #267
Team-BHP Support

I guess Pakistan will finish the game in under 12 overs.
Old 23rd March 2011, 18:53   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Pakistan will surely win this and if India wins tomm'(which i am sure they will) well we have an Indo-Pak semi final. What else we want
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
I know what more i want. India beats pakistan, and goes on to win the cup.
India has never lost to Pak in a world cup. So there we are. We are finalists, just formalities to complete.
IND VS SA ?
Old 23rd March 2011, 18:57   #269
BANNED

I wonder what goes on in the minds of the oldies like Richards and co seeing their team perform like minnows today. WI was always a weak entry into this stage, wonder why did india labour to a win against them.
Pak is a strong contender for the cup for sure. Lucky for them to have played WI, easy route to semis now.
Old 23rd March 2011, 19:22   #270
Senior - BHPian

You guys are pretty sure of an Indian win tomorrow - I am not sure at all.
Closed Thread