Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 28th March 2011, 15:49   #376
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: The Cricket World Cup 2011 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
The one involving Virendar Sehwag not getting to his century because good old Sanga told the bowler to make it difficult?
How can it be wrong.
Make it as difficult as possible for a batsman to score runs.
And nothing better than frustrating an important batsman so he ends up making a mistake.

Last edited by bblost : 28th March 2011 at 15:50.
Old 28th March 2011, 15:59   #377
BHPian

Quote:
I only find Bret Lee a whole hearted sportsman in that team
So true after great players like Steve Waugh, Michael Bevan, Adam Gilchrist, Glen McGrath the Aussie team is so crap in terms of sportmanship.

In Sanskrit there is a saying "Yada Raja tada Praja" They are just blindly following their leader Ricky Ponting aka (Sticky Something as per the fake ipl player ) due to herd mentality.
Old 28th March 2011, 15:59   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Make it as difficult as possible for a batsman to score runs.
Sehwag didn't make a mistake - ran out of balls to score his century in 'cos the match got over. And the bowler wasn't bowling awesome stuff - just blatant negative bowling, egged on by Sanga (who initially, IIRC, catisgated the bowler publicly before the microphone gave away the fact that the poor bugger was only following orders)
Old 28th March 2011, 16:23   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Wasn't the bowler also asked to bowl a noball when just one run was required?
Old 28th March 2011, 16:25   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
^^ Wasn't the bowler also asked to bowl a noball when just one run was required?
Oh yes, how could I forget that!
Old 28th March 2011, 16:42   #381
BHPian

I do agree 100% with all of you about the Lankan Cricket Team.

They are an arrogant bunch led by a captain who considers gamesmanship his birth right

They are plain Flat Track Bullies and still does not have the skills to win a Test match in Australia or South Africa.

I wish I was a fast bowler and could break Sangakkara's arm like Donald did to Hayden in 94

Hope Ross Taylor or Jesse Ryder will pay a blinder to dump the unsporting Lankans out of the WC.
Old 28th March 2011, 19:59   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

i wish New Zealand beats Sri Lanka and India beats Pakistan to enter the finals! nevertheless, India vs Pakistan is gonna be mother of all matches!

i'm foreseeing a upset tummy resulting in the inability to head to office on wednesday! just kidding, i WFH on wednesdays

so, what's your excuse to stay home!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 28th March 2011 at 20:23.
Old 28th March 2011, 20:19   #383
Senior - BHPian

My feedback about Cricket, since 10+ years it is fixed game most of the times. Due to involvement of all VVIPs its all drama and I don't trust any team and person edicted to cricket will be looser in times and gambler will be looser in wealth who will be involved in bettting and person like me when gets some free time enjoy the cricket irrespective of team playing the match!

My personal feeling is India must win semifinals to show Pakistan again wo we are ( but India won't win ) even if it looses final! If India wins Semifinal then I am 100% sure it will win final. But already Pakistan is declared winner (This may be free TIP from my calculation, to the person who is involved in illegal betting work ) of the world cup! internally, So chances India winning the match is highly doubtful.

I suggest keep cool and watch the game irrespective of teams!

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 28th March 2011 at 20:20.
Old 28th March 2011, 20:33   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
But already Pakistan is declared winner (This may be free TIP from my calculation, to the person who is involved in illegal betting work ) of the world cup! internally, So chances India winning the match is highly doubtful.

Ravi.
Even i am also doubtful about India winning. I think millions and millions of dollars have already been put on the table and is expected to go to billions on due date, and most would be on India since its hot fav. chances of upset are more.

found an interesting news. a popular bookie in indian team's space. disaster

Old 28th March 2011, 20:53   #385
Senior - BHPian

I said this on somebody's facebook page. So much money in gambling proves that we are out of recession

seriously, does that mean indians did not decimate the aussies. the bookies did?
Old 28th March 2011, 21:16   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Even i am also doubtful about India winning.
I highly doubt this video. This mostly looks like a publicity stunt by cheap media. The video was published on Youtube on 10th March. How did they knew about semi-finalist that time?

EDIT: I'm taking a full day off on match day. Used to work from home on all India matches, but don't want any disturbance for this match . In fact we have canceled all the meetings and entire team is taking a day off.

Last edited by Eddy : 28th March 2011 at 21:55. Reason: Pl don't quote a video. Makes it tough for our mobile users.
Old 28th March 2011, 21:26   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
so, what's your excuse to stay home!
Need no excuse! Took second half off to watch the match in peace!
Old 28th March 2011, 21:51   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

frankly speaking i lost faith in the Indian team when the Azaruddin/Jadeja match fixing scandal came to light. i felt betrayed!

now, our cricketers are better at making adds than actually playing cricket. over the years, their focus has changed from playing the game to making money. pepsi has made them even bleed blue now

i don't have any misconceptions about the outcome of the match between India and Pakistan, but one is optimistic; even if it is for the sake of the Little Master!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
EDIT: I'm taking a full day off on match day. Used to work from home on all India matches, but don't want any disturbance for this match. In fact we have canceled all the meetings and entire team is taking a day off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Need no excuse! Took second half off to watch the match in peace!
i've meeting at 3:30pm and 6:30pm! will record it and watch it later or watch the match the during the meetings (on mute)

Last edited by IronH4WK : 28th March 2011 at 21:58.
Old 28th March 2011, 23:04   #389
BHPian

The man to man comparison between both the teams is very much in favor of India, at least in the batting dept., while in bowling, no doubt Pakistan has a slight upper hand..
Still we don't need to worry as what their bowlers gain, they tend to loose in bulk with their 'sloppy' type of fielding!!
One more thing, it has been proved so many times in the past, Pak players can't hold their nerves till the end (at least against India)...

All in all, its going to be India's game anyway... An optimistic Indian fan point of view...

IMO, Team India needs to chase in this match... to prove the REAL depth in their batting ...
Old 29th March 2011, 00:58   #390
Senior - BHPian

Why am I not that excited about the India-Pakistan match I'm not sure. To me somehow it's a semi-final where India must win and try for the ultimate glory at the Finals. I found it more exciting when India beat the Aussies. I would definitely watch the match as we are playing the semis but not just because we are playing against the Pakistan. With all these media hypes we are just putting lots and lots of pressure(may be 10 times more than what it should be) on the team as a whole and it's just not good. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I felt.
Closed Thread