Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2011, 08:44   #31
jav
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 194
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
We can have a small meet here: (Spot marked by Black rectangle on Doddaballpur road)



Let me know who all can make it.
I might be coming there around 2-3pm, how about a mini tbhp meet guys ?

Last edited by jav : 10th February 2011 at 08:49.
jav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 08:53   #32
BHPian
 
Aiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Bombay
Posts: 156
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore

A pic of the French Rafale taken yesterday by me at AI 2011.

Name:  5430400909_e2779e1e6d_z.jpg
Views: 2025
Size:  138.7 KB

Also, there was a Maruti 800 modified to fly with rotors above it similar to a helicopter. I did not get any clear shots of it as it was parked in the middle of other aircraft. I read an interview with the creator of it where he said that it can fly but as the aircraft is not certified by the DGCA, it will not be flying at the show.
Aiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 09:35   #33
BHPian
 
yajaman99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: bangalore
Posts: 366
Thanked: 119 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore

Luke is lucky to have such a view, unfortunately i tired to do some "bird watching" from the terrace of the apartment complex i stay in.
I was able to capture this, its a 100% corp from Nikon D50 55-200VR.
I will be heading to the airshow Friday morning. Picked up the Business Class ticket. Does anyone know the timing of Air Display - i guess it starts at 10:00am. and next at 2:00pm. Plan to be there by 8:30am
Pic already posted in the the quick meet thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post2238568 (Quick Meets at Bangalore)

Eagerly awaiting IronHawks and Amitoj update on their visit. Plus the pics with the 150-500 would be amazing.

Last edited by yajaman99 : 10th February 2011 at 09:39.
yajaman99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 09:56   #34
Distinguished - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,947
Thanked: 1,584 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore

Some mismanagement going on right now at the venue. We are witnessing turf wars between military and police first hand!!
Hope to get the tickets soon though.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 11:44   #35
BHPian
 
lloydofcochin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 436
Thanked: 180 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Some mismanagement going on right now at the venue. We are witnessing turf wars between military and police first hand!!
Hope to get the tickets soon though.
Sorry to hear about that.

How much are they selling the tickets for?

Is it Rs.400/- & 800/- or Rs.500/- & 1000/-?
lloydofcochin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 11:48   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,632
Thanked: 3,151 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
Sorry to hear about that.

How much are they selling the tickets for?

Is it Rs.400/- & 800/- or Rs.500/- & 1000/-?
For ADVA its 400 / 500 and for business tickets its 1500/ 1000 on weekdays / weekends.
I too was first confused to see price for business tickets less on weekends but then good
mpksuhas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 12:26   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 955
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore

>>>

Lads,

Today's BS says that in the battle for the MMRCA, the yanks
i. Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, and
ii. Lockheed Martin F-16IN Super Viper

and the russkie

iii. Mikoyan MiG-35

are out due to technical reasons.

So there are three Euro jets left in the fray, out of which

the Saab Gripen NG has less than optimal radar and only one engine. But it has a definite price (total cost of ownership) advantage.

The Dassault Rafale and the Eurofighter Typhoon seem the best positioned, technically. Keeping my fingers crossed that our politico-bureaucrat team get this right for us.

A disquieting information ( frantically hoping against hope) is that the powers that be are watering down the offset framework and with retrospective effect too. We have to have a growing aerospace industry which will not only take care of our enhanced defence requirements but also our enhanced civil aviation requirements. It is important that we invest in R&D and develop products suited for our needs ( with partnerships, even with an international supply chain), but invest and develop we must.

Only the navy seems to be pushing for indigenous development now, others have jumped ship. Tragic, if true.

All team-bhpian visitors to the airshow, do keep us updated on the progress of the MMRCA if you get info.

Regards, drive safe ( even if flying low)
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 14:01   #38
BHPian
 
lloydofcochin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 436
Thanked: 180 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
For ADVA its 400 / 500 and for business tickets its 1500/ 1000 on weekdays / weekends.
I too was first confused to see price for business tickets less on weekends but then good
Thanks for the info.

I thought that the ticket prices would be lower on weekdays

Now I have to decide whether to go tomorrow or Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

Lads,

Today's BS says that in the battle for the MMRCA, the yanks
i. Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, and
ii. Lockheed Martin F-16IN Super Viper

and the russkie

iii. Mikoyan MiG-35

are out due to technical reasons.

So there are three Euro jets left in the fray, out of which

the Saab Gripen NG has less than optimal radar and only one engine. But it has a definite price (total cost of ownership) advantage.

The Dassault Rafale and the Eurofighter Typhoon seem the best positioned, technically. Keeping my fingers crossed that our politico-bureaucrat team get this right for us.

A disquieting information ( frantically hoping against hope) is that the powers that be are watering down the offset framework and with retrospective effect too. We have to have a growing aerospace industry which will not only take care of our enhanced defence requirements but also our enhanced civil aviation requirements. It is important that we invest in R&D and develop products suited for our needs ( with partnerships, even with an international supply chain), but invest and develop we must.

Only the navy seems to be pushing for indigenous development now, others have jumped ship. Tragic, if true.

All team-bhpian visitors to the airshow, do keep us updated on the progress of the MMRCA if you get info.

Regards, drive safe ( even if flying low)
That's an interesting news. Glad to hear that the Yanks are out

It is pretty hard to separate the Eurofighter & Rafale.

I hope they would make the right choice for our Air Force.

With the kind of lobbying by the Yanks and considering the Govt's closeness to the US I thought they would put our money on the F18. Another scenario I thought was that in order to satisfy everyone they might end up buying a couple of squadrons each from US, Russia & the Europeans

I have a hunch that the Rafale will win it.

Last edited by lloydofcochin : 10th February 2011 at 14:03.
lloydofcochin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 14:10   #39
BHPian
 
2500cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 660
Thanked: 228 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore

Guys who had been to the show,

Any info on the commercial fliers (A380, 787), I'm planning to take my 5yr old kiddo, would the kids enjoy it ? Would we be allowed to get into the aircrafts ?

Cheers,
Rajesh
2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 14:49   #40
Distinguished - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,184
Thanked: 2,674 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore

I'm planning to go on Saturday or Sunday with my wife and son. What ID proof do i carry for my son? He is barely 3 years old.

This is the first time I am going so i am hoping that it is worth the hype.

Also the visitor pass is valid for the ADVA area only. Can a civilian buy a business ticket and enter the other areas?
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 15:02   #41
BHPian
 
Kairalee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 146
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore

Preferably try to make it on Saturday. Sunday is going to be a mad rush and there is a probablity that all aircrafts may not perform since some may go back to their parent bases on Sunday morning.

Business passes are valid for everyone it appears since you can buy that on the AeroIndia website.

Children below 4 years of age dont need a ticket and apparently no ID proof too.
Kairalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 15:05   #42
BHPian
 
Aiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Bombay
Posts: 156
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Guys who had been to the show,

Any info on the commercial fliers (A380, 787).
Not many civilian aircraft at the show. The Sukhoi SSJ, Saab 2000, Saab 340, a bunch of business aircraft including the drool worthy Piaggio Avanti are there.

Of these, I think only the Saab 2000 is flying. Remaining are all on static display.
Aiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 15:27   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US/India
Posts: 232
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore

I am going tomorrow, 10th Feb. Booked my business ticket online. Will need to go to the venue and get the ticket. Will be carrying my DSLR. Hoping to 'shoot' some planes
Any tbhpians coming tomorrow?

Last edited by naveenvenkatesh : 10th February 2011 at 15:29.
naveenvenkatesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 15:54   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,632
Thanked: 3,151 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
Thanks for the info.

I thought that the ticket prices would be lower on weekdays

Now I have to decide whether to go tomorrow or Saturday.

That's an interesting news. Glad to hear that the Yanks are out

It is pretty hard to separate the Eurofighter & Rafale.

I hope they would make the right choice for our Air Force.
.
Yes, me too decided on going Sat. Will try reaching there early, enjoy the birds before crowd arrives and then return by time second display starts at 14:30 hrs. Hope that way can beat traffic too.

And yes, me too happy the Yanks are out. And just on reading about the flights somehow feel Eurofighter though expensive may be the better of the lot. Lets see, this is one deal thats been hanging in fire since long. Remember way back in 2001/02 there was news that airforce may go for 126 flights, 10 years down and we still speculating. Hope it works out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Guys who had been to the show,

Any info on the commercial fliers (A380, 787), I'm planning to take my 5yr old kiddo, would the kids enjoy it ? Would we be allowed to get into the aircrafts ?

Cheers,
Rajesh
As per TOI mostly scale models will be there for civilian aircrafts, IIRC there will be a scale model of Boeing dreamliner. Also, I guess kids are going to enjoy the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Also the visitor pass is valid for the ADVA area only. Can a civilian buy a business ticket and enter the other areas?
Iam not sure of the visitor pass you are having. However there are passes which are for business area too. My brother got one from a friend whose parent works in HAL. Seems it has complimentary lunch too
mpksuhas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 16:17   #45
BHPian
 
rdna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 181
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I'm planning to go on Saturday or Sunday with my wife and son. What ID proof do i carry for my son? He is barely 3 years old.

This is the first time I am going so i am hoping that it is worth the hype.

Also the visitor pass is valid for the ADVA area only. Can a civilian buy a business ticket and enter the other areas?
It's best to go on a Saturday. Sunday will be crowded like hell and the traffic is maddening! I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to take a 3 year old. The sonicbooms are insane and the crowd gets unruly most of the time despite heavy security! I remember you mentioning that he used to get scared if you rev your Ninja

Food inside is very, very expensive. A burger from Coffee Day is Rs. 100 bucks and a so-called meal is Rs. 2000!(last time, might be the same this time as well)
rdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aero India: Feb 2015 at Yelahanka Air Force base, Bangalore mpksuhas Shifting gears 80 22nd February 2017 23:50
Farnborough International Airshow 2014, UK vickzkool Travelogues 10 28th July 2014 00:42
Caparo to bring Hyundai Aero Buses to India Blue Thunder Commercial Vehicles 35 7th January 2014 21:05
Bangalore Aero Show 09 sajands Shifting gears 73 24th February 2009 19:57
Bombay Airshow 1999 Rehaan Shifting gears 7 1st June 2004 20:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks