Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2011, 11:55   #1
BHPian

Default Rs 9,000 crore share transfer: The human story behind Premji's philanthropy

Quote:
Rs 9,000 crore share transfer: The human story behind Premji's philanthropy - The Economic Times

Ever since Mr Premji announced the irrevocable transfer of shares worth Rs 9000 crores to an endowment, the sole purpose of which is to improve quality of education and development for the underprivileged and disadvantaged of this country, I have been asked hundreds of questions and have received even more messages of encouragement combined with a certain sense of thankfulness.

While this event, which some have called the largest act of philanthropy in India, has unfolded in a few days in the media headlines, I have had the privilege of living through and experiencing the evolution of the thought and commitment that led to this.

I thought it was important to share my experience not to lose sight of the human story behind this big action. The first human story is of the man who made this commitment.

Premji is immensely aware of the fact that over 70% people in our country have an income of less than Rs 60/$1.5 per day. While as a businessman he understands that business has to be run in a competitive manner, at a personal level he chooses to follow the Gandhian principle of waste not, want not.
Full Article

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th February 2011 at 02:07. Reason: Please avoid copy pasting an entire article, instead only post a part of it & provide the source, thanks
akj53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6th February 2011, 13:13   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Rs 9,000 crore share transfer: The human story behind Premji's philanthropy

In todays's man-eat-man world, it's very hard to come by people (especially businessmen) who is as genuine as Mr. Premji. Hats off to you sir!!! May your breed grow...
Digital Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote