Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 6th February 2011, 15:47   #1
BHPian

Default Saarang- Expression of Joy

Hi All,

Im doing a community project - "Saarang- Expression of Joy". The project aims at having art classes for the students of Special Schools in Bangalore and an exhibition of the work will be conducted in the month of April. Art teachers will be arranged for schools which doesnt have one and introductory classes will be held for them.

There are limited opportunities for students with disabilities to express themselves. The schools may not always be able to cater to them with regards to this. The students are generally perceived as someone who canít do anything productive.

As it is, it will remain same and the general impression about the community will keep solidifying. Children will not even realize that they can be self expressive

Saarang aims to provide them one channel - that of art. This is an opportunity for the students to experience appreciation and their near and dear ones to see them achieve that. This is also a platform for all institutes to come together.

All may not be able to express themselves through art. Some may be good in some other areas like singing, sports etc. This initiative can be a seed for more such common events that can be taken up.

I wonít be able to do it alone and I need help. If you are interested in joining, please PM me.

Regards,
Rajesh M
rajesh1868 is offline   Reply With Quote