dev
BHPian

Default Few Queries

Dear Bhpians,
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2006.
Below are few queries:
make and model: Ikon 2001 .. Endura 1.3L
Fuel: Petrol
1) What is the Engine oil grade I need to use & from which Company? From my previous owner, I got info that I need to change Engine oil after 5k kms.. Which was completed recently. How to check whether the Engine oil need to be replaced or not?
2) What is the Cost of Engine Oil and how many litres needed for an Ikon? What is the apprx., cost for replacing it?
3) If the Car is stationary for 1 month, any problems will occur?

Thanks,
with rgds,
dev
dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2006, 16:38   #2
Team-BHP Support

dev I think 5k is right time for an engine oil change. You can use the dip-stick in the early mornings (after the car has been stationary overnight) to decide whether you need an oil change.

I do not know how many litres are required. My hunch will be in the region of 4lts. If you take it to any authorised service point they will do it for you, at least the first time around.

Being a petrol car I feel remaining stationary for a month will not be much of a problem. But then how old is the car? Particularly the batteries? If they are new or the Exide Maintenance Free (or even Amaron) type nothing much would probably happen. Still, I would suggest that you keep the terminals open if it is left parked for a month. This way the battery does not drain out so easily. At max you may need to take the battery out and get it charged.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2006, 18:23   #3
dev
BHPian

Thanks Zappo for the response.
dev is offline   Reply With Quote