Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 7th March 2011, 11:52   #151
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Get Well Soon Yatharth(YC.BALENO.CHD) Update: Back in Action :)

Welcome back YC,i am so happy to see you here
Take care.
Now get back to posts.
you have a back log to clear
Old 7th March 2011, 12:00   #152
BHPian

welcome back yatharth, glad to see you back on the forum.
Old 7th March 2011, 12:02   #153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
thank u akshay sir and every other member here on this thread for all the support you guys showed..am really touches...and sorry for late replying..actually had to deal with a few bruises and x-rays before being back in action.My helmet,gloves,jacket and your good wishes are responsible for me to be still alive and kicking.Thanks really a lot.

@mods...this thread may be closed if you think it should be.

Regards.

Yatharth, the entire community wishes you the best of health and a complete recovery from this accident.
Drive Safe
Old 4th June 2011, 02:19   #154
Senior - BHPian

Default To have loved it and lost it.

I have always been fascinated by cars,bikes..err almost everything that gives me mobility save for my wheel-chair.

As a kindergarten kid all I dreamt of was to collect as many toy cars and bikes as possible. Gradually I shifted to bicycles and at the age of 16 years to cars. Yes a tad too early in a country where 18 years is the norm but under the eyes of a strict dad i used to drive in a compound away from regular roadways. At 18th Birthday I got myself the best birthday present I could had thought of and started boasting of a driving license. My now 15 year old Maruti 800 was parked and I was seen driving aimlessly around the town in my Dad's Baleno. Soon when I was in my 20th year my family shifted to Bhopal and I to Lucknow to live with my maternal uncle who being a graduate from IIT Kanpur used to teach me and prepare me for entrance exams. The year was a tad dry as all I did was to ride an old 150cc Pulsar and a Maruti Alto now and then. Luckily I managed to get the desired stream in a reputed engineering college back at chandigarh and I shifted back to here. Dad offered me to either keep the 800 or wait a little for him to buy a Cedia and take the Baleno but I had tasted blood and wanted to become a full time biker. I cried,pleaded and almost begged to dad to buy me a r15 plus a race kit but better sense prevailed. R15 has always seemed to me as over priced and lacking force. I could not think of spending another half a lakh of rupees on a race kit and as I had already found r15 cramped for 6 ft. tall body of mine I decided to go for ZMA. I always dreamt of being a tourer but the only thing that bugged me was an old design of probably the best tourer here.Next I thought of buying a 220 DTSi and almost booked one when suddenly a deal emerged. A 7500 kms old Pulsar 220 dtsi for mere 60K. Thoughts of saving some of dad's hard earned money came and I went to seal the deal and was about to transfer the bike when I noticed that warranty stands void if the bike belongs to second owner. So I thought of transferring the bike once warranty expires and went for it with nothing but a sale agreememnt proving it to be mine but RC was still in name of the original owner, a high court judge here. I happily toured a lot and the bike did 3000 kms in little more than 2 months. My girlfriend of 4 years was in town in January and she and her friends needed refreshments at 2 AM. I decided to go buy it and my love (the other one and not the bike) decided to give me company. On way back I was way over speeding and now I hate myself for being so irresponsible. At close to 140kmph a bus being driven by a non license holder crashed into me. I and my girl were rushed to the hospital where I was rushed to the ICU. Next time my eyes saw light was in march and first thing that came to my mind was "where the heck is my bike?" and second was "where and how is riya?" (my girlfriend), and soon I realised my bike was in pieces and my girlfriend had luckily escaped with minor injuries and bruises and was back at her college. The doctors had given up on me but I somehow recovered and then the tragedy occured yet again. I saw her, my bike. There she was, in a police impound store,covered in dust and I could not stop tears rolling out of my eyes. I rushed to it and screamed, it was a mess. I hugged her, cried more, but the fact remained that it was a total piece of junk. I quickly got it shifted to the service station and yet another tragedy strikes when the insurance holder that is the original owner refuses to sign the papers until dad bribes him. Now my dad is as honest as they come and expectedly he refuses. And all I have left with me is a repair estimate of rs.56000. As it would had translated into plain foolishness to spend 56k on a bike that costs 82k new on road I never asked dad to get it repaired and with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes moved on with my life. Now here I am, dumped by my girlfriend, bikeless ans with no hopes left of any good lein these two matters to me. I seem to have loved it and lost it.The only reason I am alive is due to the gud wishes of parents,friend, hard work of docs and my helmet and other safety gear that was lost in the accident. And there with the bike went cans of fully synt. oils, free flow filter and HIDs that I had bought for and installed in my bike by saving money from my pocket money by avoiding purchasibg lunch and keepin myself hungry for half a day for at least 2 months.

Whatever happened, I hold just myself responsible
for it all. No bike, my lady love dumps me, I miss entire semester worth of studies, and what not!! Rotten luck I must say.
Pics of 20 mins before the accident, damaged bike and its prime will be shared soon once the thread warms up a little.
I once again thank my parents,docs and my riding gear to save my life.

Regards.

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th June 2011 at 23:59. Reason: Strictly no mention of alcohol on TBHP. Thanks
Old 4th June 2011, 05:57   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: To have loved it and lost it.

Touching and sad - sometimes a few seconds of foolishness can haunt us for life.

by the way - wheelchair? You still not okay - get well soon boss!

the original owner is a high court judge and wants a bribe? Gawd
Old 4th June 2011, 07:23   #156
Senior - BHPian

Touché. Whatever happened is really sad. One thing I have noticed in my friend circle and family is that guys get into trouble only when they do unaccounted stuff for girls.

Get this, my cousin didnt sleep for 2 days as her gal who was doing her masters from Chandigarh was here in delhi (she is from delhi only but studied in chandigarh). Now, 2 days she is in delhi with my brov and her parents dont know about it. But somehow, her parents get intuited that she isnt in her college and tells her that they will visit chandigarh next day morning. The freaked gals ask my cousin, who didnt slept for 2 days to take her to chandigarh. Despite many arguments and my cousin refusing to go to chandigarh as he was feeling sleepy, he was forced to leave for chandigarh at 3:30 in the morning.

I was sleeping and I get a call at 4:45 in the morning and my brother crying like anything (mostly because of shock). I am freaked and scared, he tells me that he felt asleep and banged the swift into a trailer after panipat toll. I asked him if he and her friend were fine and he told me he has some bruises on his head and hand but nothing major. But he was in a state of shock.

I called up another cousin and both of us went to panipat to get my cousin. Now, this is what happened, my cousin fell asleep, the gal thought he was driving. A trailer approached and he didnt brake, finally when the gal realised that the trailer is too near, she shouted. As soon as my cousin regained his senses, he saw a trailer few meters from him. He steered the car to left and braked but couldnt manage to miss the trailer. The bonnet went under the trailer so it was not damaged, but the rear beam of trailer crashed into swift's wind screen and driver side A-Pillar. The gal escaped without injuries and my brother with minor bruises.

It took couple of days for my brother to recover from this shock.

Also, I have noticed, one crashes only when one is with someone. When one drives alone, one somehow manage the situation.

For now, please take care buddy and try to avoid bikes, especially in a country like ours. Its not worth it.

Lastly, there will be many more gals and cars/bikes to come. Just relax. Its good that the gal left you, may be she didnt deserve you .

And yes, its not rotten luck, you came out of such accident, so its good luck. I shiver imaging what your parents must have gone through.

Take Care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Crazy..

Last edited by aah78 : 4th June 2011 at 22:02. Reason: Removed reference to alcohol.
Old 4th June 2011, 08:24   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

@YC, Pls correct me if I am wrong - I vaguely remember a thread about the bike accident, but not posted by you. If I am wrong, then good. If I am right - or otherwise, good that you are still with us. We all do mistakes, and pay some for what we do.

Drive safe.
Old 4th June 2011, 08:43   #158
dot
Senior - BHPian

Really shocked to hear about the accident. Hope you are doing better.

Was really moved by the experience you shared when you saw the broken bike. Hope you get a better one sooner than ever.

Quote:
my lady love dumps me
If the girl dumped you when you were in hospital you are perhaps better off without her.
Old 4th June 2011, 09:01   #159
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

I understand your pain. What i dont understand is why would you do a 140 at 2am with a girl in your rear seat.

Quote:
! Rotten luck I must say.
I would not blame it on luck. You pushed it when you were over 80kmph and at 140kmph you were basically riding in the insanity zone.]

If you were within speed limits i am sure you could have salvaged a lot.

P.S I assume you were doing 140. If not please ignore.
Old 4th June 2011, 09:05   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No bike, my lady love dumps me
You can always get a better bike and more girl(s).
Move on. Life is short. Make most of it.
Old 4th June 2011, 09:18   #161
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
You can always get a better bike and more girl(s).
Move on. Life is short. Make most of it.
Truly said.

I remember your accident thread sometime back.

Good and fantastic to see that you are back hale and healthy and writing such a nice thread too. Cheers to Life

Now since you have a second chance, you can make the best of it.

Some things in life happens for good, pick up few lessons and move on.

All the best for the Best yet to come
Old 4th June 2011, 09:36   #162
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

@YC- Sad but don't feel so low. You can complete your studies and get yourself a better bike soon. As for now, hang out with your friends. Trust me, it works. It will keep you occupied for the better. Time is the best heeler of things. All the best for your future mate !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
If the girl dumped you when you were in hospital you are perhaps better off without her.
+1 to that.
Old 4th June 2011, 09:52   #163
BANNED

Really sad to hear this Y.C.Baleno, but the good part is, it is over and you are safe and have learn't something in the process.

But allow me to be frank- Please get over your childish fascination with bikes or cars. I agree that one falls in love with his ride but you seem to have lost perspective when you were thinking about your bike in the hospital!

Get well soon and start driving your love, you have plenty to live for. But show some respect to the rules because though it's some stupid rule, it does keep you away from harm.
Old 4th June 2011, 09:55   #164
Senior - BHPian

man I heard you were in really bad shape. screw your ex ( i mean figuratively), and be happy for the second chance at life You'd find it interesting how differently you'll look at the things we take for granted.
Old 4th June 2011, 10:24   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Touché. Whatever happened is really sad. One thing I have noticed in my friend circle and family is that guys get into trouble only when they do unaccounted stuff for girls.

Get this, my cousin didnt sleep for 2 days as her gal who was doing her masters from Chandigarh was here in delhi (she is from delhi only but studied in chandigarh). Now, 2 days she is in delhi with my brov and her parents dont know about it. But somehow, her parents get intuited that she isnt in her college and tells her that they will visit chandigarh next day morning. The freaked gals ask my cousin, who didnt slept for 2 days to take her to chandigarh. Despite many arguments and my cousin refusing to go to chandigarh as he was feeling sleepy, he was forced to leave for chandigarh at 3:30 in the morning.

I was sleeping and I get a call at 4:45 in the morning and my brother crying like anything (mostly because of shock). I am freaked and scared, he tells me that he felt asleep and banged the swift into a trailer after panipat toll. I asked him if he and her friend were fine and he told me he has some bruises on his head and hand but nothing major. But he was in a state of shock.

I called up another cousin and both of us went to panipat to get my cousin. Now, this is what happened, my cousin fell asleep, the gal thought he was driving. A trailer approached and he didnt brake, finally when the gal realised that the trailer is too near, she shouted. As soon as my cousin regained his senses, he saw a trailer few meters from him. He steered the car to left and braked but couldnt manage to miss the trailer. The bonnet went under the trailer so it was not damaged, but the rear beam of trailer crashed into swift's wind screen and driver side A-Pillar. The gal escaped without injuries and my brother with minor bruises.

It took couple of days for my brother to recover from this shock.

Also, I have noticed, one crashes only when one is with someone. When one drives alone, one somehow manage the situation.

For now, please take care buddy and try to avoid bikes, especially in a country like ours. Its not worth it.

Lastly, there will be many more gals and cars/bikes to come. Just relax. Its good that the gal left you, may be she didnt deserve you .

And yes, its not rotten luck, you came out of such accident, so its good luck. I shiver imaging what your parents must have gone through.

Take Care.

Crazy..
Sad. Hope your brother has recovered well and so has the swift. Whenever you may visit chandigarh next let us meet up as am always excited to meet bhpians. And maybe you indeed are correct as my dad too always have maintained that either one should avoid bikes if he can afford a car or use it for commutiong only

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@YC, Pls correct me if I am wrong - I vaguely remember a thread about the bike accident, but not posted by you. If I am wrong, then good. If I am right - or otherwise, good that you are still with us. We all do mistakes, and pay some for what we do.

Drive safe.
Yes sir that thread was created by a chandigarh bhpian Akshay sir while I was being treated at the hospital.
Link to the thread you must had spotted

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ck-action.html (Get Well Soon Yatharth(YC.BALENO.CHD) Update: Back in Action :))

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Touching and sad - sometimes a few seconds of foolishness can haunt us for life.

by the way - wheelchair? You still not okay - get well soon boss!

yeah that indeed was foolish of me to go out at 2 am and then ride so fast with a pillion when I should had cared about mine and pillion's safety. Yeah he either is an additional judge or something or a lawyer and yes he needs some money, such are people.
Thankfully the wheel chair is stored away as I no longer need those set of wheels and may donate it to some needy soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
I understand your pain. What i dont understand is why would you do a 140 at 2am with a girl in your rear seat.

I would not blame it on luck. You pushed it when you were over 80kmph and at 140kmph you were basically riding in the insanity zone.]

If you were within speed limits i am sure you could have salvaged a lot.

P.S I assume you were doing 140. If not please ignore.
correct I was doing 140kmph and that is the reason I blame myself for it all as it indeed was my fault to pay no heed toward mine and pillion's safety.

Last edited by GTO : 6th June 2011 at 12:58. Reason: Removing reference to alcohol in quoted post
Closed Thread