Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 4th June 2011, 15:30   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: To have loved it and lost it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Yeah I feel glad to have such a loving family and now I am sure come what may I know they will always be there for me.
Regards.
Finally its too good that all is well and you are on the path to recovery. Sadly the Pulsar is gone and so is your girlfriend.Do not feel sorry for the loss of your girlfriend.Forget her as she has ditched you in your very critical and crucial times.That was a sort of "agni pariksha' for the girl, which she has failed in.After all, its mostly our family members who stand by us through all rough and tough times!
So do not feel depressed at all, for the losses and go ahead full steam. Its your life and lead it the way you like to, of course with all the precautions.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 4th June 2011 at 15:33.
Old 4th June 2011, 16:24   #182
Senior - BHPian

Look what I found for you YC.
Grandpa knows the best.

Infact this is a very good movie. Very watchable.
Old 4th June 2011, 16:42   #183
Senior - BHPian

Get well soon, dude.

About the incident. You need to accumulate huge dollops of commonsense. You were a member here and riding a bike at 140 kmph? In hindsight everything seems wrong.

And if you really think that you have learned a lesson, you will not touch a bike till you have the responsibilities of a family on you.

That is the price you need to pay for your abject loss of logic and responsibility and for what you put your friends and family through. If you don't, you haven't learned anything from this incident and it will be a pity to be in your parents shoes.

Yeah finish studies, get married have a kid and then get on a bike. Until then you will never get what it means to see a family member in an ICU.

It was easy for you - medicines, doctor and high tech machinery. None of which can take away the pain of your parents watching you in that state.

I feel more sorry for your parents then you. If only they had bought you up more responsibly. Nothing absolutely nothing compares to the grief the parents feel when they see their own child in such conditions.
Old 4th June 2011, 19:17   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Get well soon, dude.

About the incident. You need to accumulate huge dollops of commonsense. You were a member here and riding a bike at 140 kmph? In hindsight everything seems wrong.

And if you really think that you have learned a lesson, you will not touch a bike till you have the responsibilities of a family on you.

That is the price you need to pay for your abject loss of logic and responsibility and for what you put your friends and family through. If you don't, you haven't learned anything from this incident and it will be a pity to be in your parents shoes.

Yeah finish studies, get married have a kid and then get on a bike. Until then you will never get what it means to see a family member in an ICU.

It was easy for you - medicines, doctor and high tech machinery. None of which can take away the pain of your parents watching you in that state.

I feel more sorry for your parents then you. If only they had bought you up more responsibly. Nothing absolutely nothing compares to the grief the parents feel when they see their own child in such conditions.

I'll agree to every word save for the upbringing part. I know a few parents and compared to them my parents have always done a lot for me and have fulfilled all their responsibilities very well. Its just that this was a huge blunder by me and even am sorry for all that my family had to go thru.

@downlaod to live.. haha....thanks..nice video!!

Regards

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 4th June 2011 at 19:19.
Old 4th June 2011, 19:30   #185
Senior - BHPian

Feel strong that you have survived it, with responsibility.

The bike, the girl in the pillion etc.. are all variables, they keep changing for better.
What remains constant is the passion to live and ride.
You must have felt that at those desperate moments.
Old 4th June 2011, 20:25   #186
Senior - BHPian

140kmph on Pulsar? You think you were riding a Busa?

Glad that you have recovered well.

Vodka or for that matter, drinks and girls don't mix just like drinks and driving.

I have had so many personal experiences that these words are etched in my mind forever.

Night+Spirits+Girl = STAY AWAY.
Old 4th June 2011, 20:40   #187
Senior - BHPian

Loved it and Lost it! Seriously you're sounding like a 80 year old man.How old are you Yatharth?

Just because you got dumped by a girl (who left you when it was needed the most) and you lost your motorcycle to an accident and lost you semester in your college is not the end of this world man!

Meet up with me in chandigarh next time i'm there.I'll ask Bharti to get you along and we'll have some nice death by chocolate at niks and give you some nice pep talk.After that you'll be hunting girls and bikes like none other.hahaha.

Relax man!

Just look at your parents.See how happy they are to see you alive and how much they love you and Acknowledge that this is what its all about! Everything in the life is for the better.you will realize this at one point in your life.

Forget all this depressing "rona dhona" Cheer up mate.You'll soon get not one but quite a few nice babes of both the types.
Old 4th June 2011, 22:05   #188
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

You learned this lesson by paying a heavy price. I hope the readers of this thread learn from your mistakes.

Great that you are back on your feet now and thank you for sharing your experience with all.
Old 4th June 2011, 22:40   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
You learned this lesson by paying a heavy price. I hope the readers of this thread learn from your mistakes.

Great that you are back on your feet now and thank you for sharing your experience with all.

Yeah the reason am sharing it with all is that I want no one turns out to be as foolish as me and by reading the thread keeos it in mind to think before taking any action.
Old 4th June 2011, 23:04   #190
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Get Well Soon Yatharth(YC.BALENO.CHD) Update: Back in Action :)

YC,

Welcome back mate. And cherish every moment from now on, but before that...

Take A VOW - NEVER TO DO FOOLISH THINGS LIKE YOU DID !
Old 4th June 2011, 23:06   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
YC,

Welcome back mate. And cherish every moment from now on, but before that...

Take A VOW - NEVER TO DO FOOLISH THINGS LIKE YOU DID !

I swear of holy scarlet ferrari and ragin bulls I wont ever repeat the foolishness.. Am too afraid to do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Loved it and Lost it! Seriously you're sounding like a 80 year old man.How old are you Yatharth?

Just because you got dumped by a girl (who left you when it was needed the most) and you lost your motorcycle to an accident and lost you semester in your college is not the end of this world man!

Meet up with me in chandigarh next time i'm there.I'll ask Bharti to get you along and we'll have some nice death by chocolate at niks and give you some nice pep talk.After that you'll be hunting girls and bikes like none other.hahaha.

Relax man!

Just look at your parents.See how happy they are to see you alive and how much they love you and Acknowledge that this is what its all about! Everything in the life is for the better.you will realize this at one point in your life.

Forget all this depressing "rona dhona" Cheer up mate.You'll soon get not one but quite a few nice babes of both the types.
Niks?..sure, sounds fun! Yummy to be precise. Have heard a lot about you from abhishek sir, shresth and all even seen your FB profile many a times and will love meeting you some day. Just let us people at chandigarh know whenever u next plan to bless the city bhpians with your presence.

Regards

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 4th June 2011 at 23:23.
Old 4th June 2011, 23:54   #192
Senior - BHPian

First of all, congrats that you made it back to life. Gods' grace first then your safety gear.

I had a crash on 7th dec. 2010. After your honest confessoin about speed, I will make mine. I was doing more than 7500 rpm in top gear in my Zeus. Around more than 85 kmph and suddenly a kid appears. I brake hard, real hard and miss that kid on bicycle. The road is a bit busy city road. Not very wide and people are known to come on wrong side.

Result : Bike Slipped.
Helmet : Broken. I had cut on my lips and nose.
Bike : Still shakes and not stable. The entire frame is bent. Engine makes weird noises as if the piston is not moving freely. Bike wont revv as effortlessly.

I was fortunate to get away with injuries on knees, right hand, torn clothes and jacket. My bag also took a hit which I suppose helped me along with jacket. Shoes were torn too. Wrist watch damaged. Took me more than 2 months to walk properly. Right shoulder had some issue for 3 months. It was only after feb that I was in a position to ride bike properly and was fully fit.

I realized what I was doing. I repeatedly did 80 kmph on bike in city. In fact, it was achievement that I had aimed for daily that too twice a day. Morning between 8 to 9 ( college ) and evening between 5 and 6. I considered myself a biker for going at high speed on city roads on a Zeus.

Learning from the mistake is the best thing one can do. I am now not allowed to use bike on highways. Where I am going to work right now, I have to travel on highways. I again did 7500 rpm in top gear and flashes of my accident came in my way. Never again the bike has crossed 4000 rpm in any gear.

Ride safe, I still believe that biking is fun, but one has to be more careful.
Old 5th June 2011, 00:01   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

Ride safe, I still believe that biking is fun, but one has to be more careful.
Aptly said and nice that you recovered well and hope your baby suzuki is fine now.

Regards.
Old 5th June 2011, 00:57   #194
Team-BHP Support

Good to see you back

On a different note, please keep the marksheets of the missed semester handy (marked absent) for all interviews. I was in the same situation as you in 2002 when I lost a year coz of a bike accident and in one of the interviews, the interviewee insisted on seeing the same.
Old 5th June 2011, 01:16   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Good to see you back

On a different note, please keep the marksheets of the missed semester handy (marked absent) for all interviews. I was in the same situation as you in 2002 when I lost a year coz of a bike accident and in one of the interviews, the interviewee insisted on seeing the same.

Ok. Thanks a lot for the really nice suggestion !!

Regards.
Closed Thread