Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 26th March 2013, 22:48   #136
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I did this last weekend. Initial 5-7 kms was done by jeep since that is a jeep track and wouldn't be fun walking that stretch under the hot sun and hardly any trees around.
That was nice Ketan. But as you said the heat must have really wrecked havoc. The place looks very dry. Really wonder how this trail would transform after rains.

Also looks like the second place is Skandagiri ?Are Night treks still allowed? I had read some where that they trying restrict night trekking.

Last edited by ampere : 26th March 2013 at 23:05.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 07:37   #137
BHPian

Default Re: The Trekking Thread

Thank you. You're right, heat was the big issue, my past few treks were in night (twice makalidurg, Kaurava Kunda, Biligudda and Karigudda at Savandurga, Kuntibetta etc.) so I found this to be difficult when we were climbing the hill under the hot sun, second leg wasn't that exhausting but needed some muscle strength walking long and descending good distance.

As per my last information (some time back), Skandagiri is still not open, locals + cops not allowing out there is what I have heard. If I get a change in status about Skandagiri, I will let all here know, it'd be a good place to go for night trek.
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 07:45   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

http://adventures.garmin.com/en-US/b...-to-bhojbasa/#
http://adventures.garmin.com/en-US/b...basa/#overview

Note: for Garmin Adventures, you may have to refresh the IE Browser window if its not showing the track on the map and elevation details at first attempt, I had to do that on IE10, not sure about other browsers. Hybrid seems to be a better view.

Have a good day!
Ketan,

I see you have the Garmin etrex 20! I have the same unit, but am flummoxed about using it (just don't have the patience to go through with it). You reckon we can catch up and maybe you can give me a lowdown on this? I have a few high altitude treks coming up in the north.

Do PM me your number so we can talk?
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2013, 17:02   #139
BHPian

Hi RedLiner, did you make that trek/trip? It will be interesting to listen to you experience. Please share with us if you did.

Guys,

Winter is soon going to be here. We have quite some places around Bangalore that we can trek. I know there are some of you who do it on regular basis. If you are doing it on regular basis, can we start sharing the schedule here on this thread so others interested can also join!

Thank you.
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2013, 09:13   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi RedLiner, did you make that trek/trip? It will be interesting to listen to you experience. Please share with us if you did.

Guys,

Winter is soon going to be here. We have quite some places around Bangalore that we can trek. I know there are some of you who do it on regular basis. If you are doing it on regular basis, can we start sharing the schedule here on this thread so others interested can also join!

Thank you.
No I didn't. Thankful because the cloudburst happened just then! Hopefully off on another one soon though.
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote