Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 7th January 2006, 18:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord
Magazines are passe, and the age of the on-line forum is here to stay.
But still in some cities except for the metro's the only accessible thing is the magazine.....
I've seen few locals with lots of money having a craze for modding the car but they very poor choice n taste.... like i've seen so many cars withbig "SPORTS" sticker on their side, Jat BOYZ on their rear side n they drive like maniacs as if its an EVO they driving ..
Recently i saw one guy keeps blasting music in our lane with his Santro with Ferrari stickers all over...
Also some guys with a 222 amp think they got the best audio setup....they should be blown away with the eyeballer....

Now these kind of guys need some t-bhp stuff....
Also the youth who by some reason are not able to access should deserve some of this....

Its just an idea... Rest is upto the mods

Last edited by kpzen : 7th January 2006 at 18:58.
Old 7th January 2006, 21:46   #17
BHPian

Also some guys with a 222 amp think they got the best audio setup....they should be blown away with the eyeballer....

i think those guyz need to taste our bhp sprit
magzine can be a source on funding with which we can host BHP races and wheele competions.
lets take the team to a next step and start a mag
i m sure it will be a hit, dayz of auto india and other old mags r over
i think each of us can donate small amout of money to start it ????

sam and navin u can write articles in audio section of magzines
plus we have lots of expertise in team bhp for various writing various other articles.
Old 7th January 2006, 22:46   #18
BHPian

hello moderators

we can POLL and sort out if we wanna think about starting a magzine.
Old 7th January 2006, 22:59   #19
BHPian

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Magazine : Source of information
Team-BHP : Already a source of information.

In short, the purpose will be the same but the medium is different. And in our case, much better. The beauty of this community is that it is interactive, free, easily accessible and has real time updates.

GTO
GTO i think the purpose the same but i think team bhp should take a step further and progress and not just stay still as only a online cummunity. Just like BHPians started to host meet, mag can be a next step

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Something that magazines can only dream about. I think we are happy with developing as a community only.

GTO
GTO u forgot that many people can only dream about having access to internet for TEAM BHP.
i pay Rs. 300 for monthly internet, 1 who cant afford an internet can access the BHP club via a magzine
Old 9th January 2006, 12:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

My personal opinion is to stay where we are & try to improve the online offerings. Internet is growing fast & down the line, access to internet will be like a television set in every house ( that hour in not too far). Iam not with the going in prints.

Here the option is wide and in prints it will be restricted. People are not going to take broadband facility just for browsing Team-Bhp, its an part of their browsing.

As an improvement step, i had seen few tamil magazines are making it online & trying to get users registered for online edition.
Old 9th January 2006, 23:12   #21
BHPian

Well even according to me this proposal should see light soon,cause all we have are the true opinions and best of the quality.And believe me guys this will just not be another magazine in town or as said by one of the bhpians as another car in the market but a VFM piece of information.

Busa.
Old 9th January 2006, 23:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

What do you say guys !!!! should we have a poll....
After all just a poll....mods...
Old 9th January 2006, 23:55   #23
Team-BHP Support

t-bhp is better than a paper version of a magazine,its a softversion that gets updated every moment,we have reviews from expirienced people and as well as real time owners,and everybody is free to post their reviews,you can have all these options in a paper version,but a paper version should be printed and it should feature best write up and threads of the months and should be available only through subscription.
Old 10th January 2006, 12:46   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Having an online source of information is just so much more valuable than the paper kind because:

1. Updates : It is real time information.

2. Cost : It is free of cost to one and all.

3. Accessibility : Team-BHP has the easiest accessibility. Our new servers also have phenomenal reliability and uptime.

4. Search : And relevant information is just a click away.

5. Interactive content : Something the magazines can only dream about

6. Archive : Similar to the search, the extensive archive is only a click away.

Lastly, None of the support team members have the inclination or the time for a paper publication. All of us are either studying or working full time. And we are extremely happy with promoting Team-BHP as an online knowledge base only.

This thread is closed.

GTO
Old 14th January 2014, 20:27   #25
BHPian

Default Team-BHP Monthly anyone?

The idea of a team-bhp magazine was discussed and dismissed sometime back in 2006. You can find the thread here (Team-BHP Magazine). Back then, the idea floated was to have a paper based magazine.

Forward to 2014, I would like to propose a Team-BHP Monthly eMagazine, something like Hacker Monthly.

So here's the idea, take the monthly sales thread, reviews for the month and interesting topics and discussions for the month, and collate them together in a nice magazine like format. Formats such as ePub, MOBI & PDF can be supported so that one can read it comfortable on iPad, Kindle, Nook etc, at home or on the go. This can also be automatically delivered to your Kindle account on a monthly basis.

The effort for creating and running the eMagazine can be crowdsourced from within the community. What's say team-bhpians? Excited anyone?
Closed Thread