Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 4th March 2011, 09:44   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Indiandrives.com Plagiarized my Photos

@SS-Traveller:

I think you will be doing a dis-service to yourself and others if you do not act.

At the very least send a show cause notice asking them how they sourced photos and provide evidence for the same as the photos are owned by you. Further tell them that if they have sourced the photos from your photos in T BHP etc w/o having sought your permission they will be liable to pay Rs 1 crore as charges. Wait for their response.

This won't cost you much and will act as a deterrent.

If you ignore there is no stopping them or others from taking your other photos as well.

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 12:09   #17
BHPian

>>>

SS-Traveller,

Please seek (expert) legal opinion on :

i. what can be practically achieved
ii. what can be done in principle

It is important that you do not ignore it or shrug it off. Let us not be casual.

Moral of the story : watermark all future threads on reviews/ important policies/travelogues.

Regards, drive safe

P.S. : The governance deficit thing afflicting the administration is catching up fast with others too
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 12:13   #18
BHPian

I mean what a looser? He hasn't even test driven the car and goes on and on with the so called test drive report.
akhilesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 12:40   #19
BHPian

SS-Traveller, just checked the link again and seems like they have removed your pictures. But anyway, it was cheap to use the pictures without your permission. When I checked in the morning, your pictures were available and I think they have removed it behind the scene after receiving your mail. Did they get back to you regarding this issue?
A350XWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 13:00   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
...seems like they have removed your pictures.
Did they get back to you regarding this issue?
So I see - but I've got copies of the page as evidence anyway, and it does not absolve them of their liabilities. Waiting to see what they say to my mail.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 13:03   #21
BHPian

Yep.. Just noticed that they have removed the pics. BTW, can we get to know what you had mailed? Have you asked for an explanation or compensation?

Also, I am not able to see any of the comments. Is it only me?? Or has the site removed all comments?

Last edited by callvvijay : 4th March 2011 at 13:05.
callvvijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 13:06   #22
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
@SS-Traveller:

I think you will be doing a dis-service to yourself and others if you do not act.

At the very least send a show cause notice asking them how they sourced photos and provide evidence for the same as the photos are owned by you. Further tell them that if they have sourced the photos from your photos in T BHP etc w/o having sought your permission they will be liable to pay Rs 1 crore as charges. Wait for their response.

This won't cost you much and will act as a deterrent.

If you ignore there is no stopping them or others from taking your other photos as well.

Cheers,
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
So I see - but I've got copies of the page as evidence anyway, and it does not absolve them of their liabilities. Waiting to see what they say to my mail.
IMO they will not reply your mail. Replying means accepting the wrong doing.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 13:19   #23
BHPian

Here's a link to another review by the same guy : Volvo S80 in India, Volvo S80 Review, Volvo S80 price in India.
Don't know whose photos he's lifted this time. And what is a car with TN registration (temp) doing in Thane? Fishy?
praz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 13:32   #24
BHPian

Dont know why a simple option like auto watermark on uploaded images is not available on team bhp.

It will solve problems like this forever.

Last edited by ahmed26 : 4th March 2011 at 13:35.
ahmed26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 14:12   #25
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed26 View Post
Dont know why a simple option like auto watermark on uploaded images is not available on team bhp.

Autowater mark is avaliable but for small size images i think less than 100 kb.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 14:14   #26
BHPian

Quote:

It is there, but it is at the bottom left corner, which can be cut easily using a simple photo editing software.
praz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 14:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

My 2 cents again - I think the loser would have been jolted out of his wits by the 40 odd of us commenting on his blog. I could not see any comments yesterday and it seems like he is being cautious by removing the pics.

If he is the kind I think, then he will not respond to the email either. As pointed out by praz, its quite possible that he is picking up information/ photos from other reviews.
I really hope it isnt a bhpian doing this.

Mods: Is there any way a search can be done for existing users with that name? It is better to issue a stern warning and nip it in the bud
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 14:29   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Shameful. Not only have they stolen your pictures, SS Traveller, but their "reviewer" has clearly not even driven the car. Thus, he has cheated you and he's cheating his readers.

BTW, the images have been removed from Indiandrives.

Quote:
Watermarking is very much present on Team-BHP (on full size images). Easiest to remove though. The only effective watermarking is the one that runs across, and through the center of, the entire image. But we wouldn't want to ruin the experience of our members, just for a couple of bozos who steal content.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 14:40   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praz View Post
Here's a link to another review by the same guy : Volvo S80 in India, Volvo S80 Review, Volvo S80 price in India.
Don't know whose photos he's lifted this time. And what is a car with TN registration (temp) doing in Thane? Fishy?
This pics have been lifted off carwale.com road test. Here is the link of the roadtest and images

Volvo S80 V8 AWD Road Test - Wolf in sheep's clothing - CarWale

If you check the photo index page, all the images are lifted off carwale. I doubt whether the text would be written by him or even that is a copy-paste ?? How in the world can such a person claim to be an auto journalist.

EDIT: Just noticed that they have stolen the images of Nissan 370Z from CarWale website as well.

Here is the link to indiadrives website having Nissan 370Z road test - http://www.indiandrives.com/nissan-3...est-drive.html

Here is the link of review done by CarWale - http://www.carwale.com/research/road...ew.aspx?id=127

Last edited by Sabareesh : 4th March 2011 at 14:54. Reason: Addling link to Nissan 370Z roadtest of CarWale
Sabareesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 14:57   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's the response to my email of this morning...
Quote:
Dear Team BHP (sic)
We have not done anything intentionally & we got those images from Google Search while we were searching to make it live on the post.

Secondly we have removed all of those images at this point.

I hope that serves the purpose, as far as compensation is concerned we can talk over the phone, feel free to call me anytime you wish (sic)

Thanks and Warm Regards
Ritesh Sarvaiya

Chairman & Managing Director

Rikhav Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
B-1, Ashar IT Park,
Ambika Nagar, Wagle Estate,
Thane (W) 400 604
Tel # +91 22 2583 7777
Cell # +91- 99203 99696
Offshore Outsourcing, Website Designing, Multimedia, Corporate Branding, Search Engine Optimization
Ya, right, they didn't do anything intentionally, my pics took a long walk and plopped down on their web page to take some well-earned rest.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 4th March 2011 at 15:02.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote