Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 12th January 2006, 12:48   #1
BHPian

Thumbs up Any tech savvy guys looking for a fun job?

Hey people,

As some of you may know, I have been working for this website Techtree.com which is a technology portal for geeks as well as those looking to get the most of their computers, gadgets, mobile phones etc. I've been here for a little over a year and I've decided to take up a more challenging opportunity in the same field. By the end of the month, we are looking to hire a few people to join the team and continue to deliver what Techtree is known for.

The job of a Technology Reviewer involves getting your hands on the latest and hottest gadgets like mobile phones, LCD monitors, fastest DVD writers, graphics cards, games, and everything related, and reviewing them for the readers of the site. For the trainee positions, we need people who are computer savvy, have a penchant for gadgets and the ability to put their views and thoughts in to words.

Starting salary is 10k per month, but experience will get you more.

If this sounds interesting to you, go through the website and read a few of the several thousand reviews that are already up on the website and figure out if you can do it. If you think you can, then send me your resumes at aalaapghag /at/ techtree.com

Either me or the editor of TT, Ameya, will be conducting the interviews for this post.

Hope to see some of you guys out there!

- Aalaap
www.aalaap.com
aalaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2006, 13:05   #2
BANNED

Hey, I wud luv something like that but only if I cud do it from home . Getting to review the lastest gizmo's ... dream job -- lucky guys who ever gets to do it and to top it all get paid for it ..

Cheers
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2006, 14:21   #3
Team-BHP Support

I am willing to write for techtree. Not on a salary basis though. I wouldnt mind submitting articles for free as I like writing . Dont mind getting paid for it, but if you have a post of something like guest columns etc., like those columnists you have for newpapers.
I guess in such a position getting hands on hardware is not possible, but I dont mind reviewing software.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2006, 14:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Is there any chance this can be done remotely? I'd love to do it, but I'm not in Mumbai.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2006, 16:10   #5
Team-BHP Support

Me too. I would love to do it if you let me do it from home.

Thanks.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2006, 19:46   #6
BHPian

Unfortunately we are not looking for part timers for these posts. We are looking to replace some key members of the team (including me), so the positions have to be full time to work from the office. The advantage is that you get all day high-speed net access (you can stay logged into Team BHP all day!) and all the necessary amenities to carry out your reviewing. We have test machines to use and experiment with stuff on.

tsk1979, we do feature guest columns from time to time and you are welcome to submit your articles for the same.

- Aalaap
www.aalaap.com
aalaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2006, 20:16   #7
Team-BHP Support

@aalaap, how do you do that for guest colums, little more details. Can I send in software reviews etc.,
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote