| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|19th January 2006, 13:33||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2005
2006 Fines In Dubai....For All Those People Out Here Like Me
Please find below information regarding speed restrictions and increase in fines for traffic violations within Dubai received from the General Police Headquarters:
Traffic fines have been increased as follows:-
Radar : Dhs. 500 instead of Dhs. 200/-
Running a red light : Dhs.1,500/- instead of Dhs. 500/- for the first time & 3 days in jail for the second time.
All Dubai radars have been reset to catch if your speed is 10 Km/Hr above the street speed. In other words, If the speed limit is 100 Km/Hr (like beginning of SHK Zayed Road) you shouldn't exceed 109 Km/Hr. [Before was: if the road speed limit is 100 Km/Hr , the radar only was to catch if the speed is 120 Km/Hr]
Jumeirah (Main Roads only)
The speed limit is 80 Km/Hr and radar will catch on 81 Km/Hr
Jumeirah (Suburb Roads only):
There are hidden radar cameras. The speed limit in these villas areas is 40 Km/Hr. YES it is only 40 Km/Hr
From: General Headquarters of the Dubai Police
Subject: Crossing the Yellow Line (Driving on the shoulder of a street)
The Traffic Division greets you and wishes to draw your attention to a serious traffic offence committed by drivers which is driving on the shoulder of streets (crossing the yellow line). As this is a grave offence and leads to reckless endangerment of the lives of other drivers as well as being a grave breach of Traffic Law, the Dubai Police has decided to take firm action to stop this kind of
Offence which is as follows:
1. Impounding of vehicle for six months.
2. Applying the laws concerning fines and ancillaries thereof.
3. For those working as drivers, they must be deported and proof of deportation must be provided.
4. Six black points are given.
5. The driving licence shall be withdrawn in case of committing this offence twice, and shall not be returned
to its owner until he/she passes a difficult test and pays a fine of 3000 Dirham.
6. After all of the above procedures have been completed, the vehicle will be released.
Therefore, please pass this information to all of your colleagues and acquaintances as well as drivers working for you or your company in participation of our campaign to clarify this issue and to emphasize that any offence will not be tolerated and the above penalties shall be applied to all offenders to preserve the safety of all drivers and users of the road, as well as to uphold the law.
Drive carefully...you have a family home waiting for you!
Cheers As Always
|19th January 2006, 14:37||#2|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Mar 2005
Thanked: 1,439 Times
This email has been floating around in Dubai for the last couple of years. Do you seriously think the police are going to let people know when exactly the cameras will go off? They wouldnt tell anyone even if the 120kmph camera is set to go off at 160...which is why you have a lot of dummy camera boxes around too - there may not be a cam inside, but the box is enough to scare 99% (the other 1% know from practice that its a dummy).
As for hidden cameras, thats a lot of hogwash. Try reading the number-plate of a car from anything more than 25 meters away (or even less), especially when the car is moving at high speed. You cant, nor can the cameras. You have to be sufficiently close to the cams for them to get your number, which is why its enough to brake just a slight distance before them.
|19th January 2006, 18:31||#3|
Join Date: Jul 2005
Thanked: 0 Times
|19th January 2006, 19:07||#4|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Thanked: 2,674 Times
if at all this law is passed in our country... dear MOd's please dont let the cops see this thread... soon we will have them owning luxury cars with the bribes they would make from this law....
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|First Super Bus Received in Dubai for Traveling from Dubai to Abu Dhabi in 30 min||kphilip||The International Automotive Scene||6||22nd June 2011 16:31|
|Dubai - Liwa - Dubai||milindajp||Travelogues||7||26th May 2009 14:29|
|Hi... to all those worshipers of those mean machines !!!||naman||Introduce yourself||3||14th March 2007 11:49|
|For those who do not like Crazy Frog||typeOnegative||Shifting gears||14||23rd March 2006 15:45|
|Need help Guyz ! Esp those from Dubai||nitroxx||Shifting gears||0||17th February 2006 13:23|