Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 3rd March 2014, 21:06   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Help Please : Total Loss or Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwin Morey View Post
Well i was wondering when would someone bring up the Cruze. Any suggested threads where i can see first hand experience of Cruze owners? Also any idea on their ASS, it must be better than Skoda but is it better than Mahindra's?
I haven't ever driven a Laura TSI so cannot comment on that car. But have driven the cruze and let me tell you that if today I have to bet on one car which can stand up to the 320d, it will be the cruze. Mind boggling power. I was so blown away by it that I was almost ready to book the car but ended up buying the bimmer later.

Also the cruze will prove much easier and cheaper to maintain and is overall a reliable machine. I haven't ye come across any major complaint from any of the owners. You will find multiple ownerships thread for the Cruze and one detailed one is from our own moderator mobike. Search for those.

Edit: Here are a few threads that you can go through. I was really mesemrized by the new Jetta. But frankly when I checked them back to back, the Cruze made the Jetta feel like too basic and barebones.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ms-update.html (Chevrolet Cruze LTZ-Ownership Report_EDIT: 41,000kms Update)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...53-000kms.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-review.html (Ghostrider's Chevrolet Cruze LTZ: Initial Ownership Review)

Last edited by drmohitg : 3rd March 2014 at 21:33.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2014, 22:00   #77
Senior - BHPian

Why not another T Jet? All the cars you've listed cost upwards 20lac, atleast in my parts.

I don't think the Chevrolet can hold a candle to the driving pleasure a Skoda can give. Lets put aside service experiences for now.

Trust me, when a Chevrolet needs parts, it is expensive.

All the driver focused cars tend to come from manufacturers that aren't the best when it comes to after sales service. If you want hassle free ownership experience, buy Japanese. I am not a big fan of the Innova as a personal driven vehicle. At the asking price of an Innova today, you much rather pick up the Corolla. If not for the chassis, the engine is superb.

How about a Mitsubishi Outlander or the Honda CRV?
sandeepmohan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2014, 22:32   #78
BHPian

Mod team note: Please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead of back to back posts. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Why not another T Jet? All the cars you've listed cost upwards 20lac, atleast in my parts.

I don't think the Chevrolet can hold a candle to the driving pleasure a Skoda can give. Lets put aside service experiences for now.

Trust me, when a Chevrolet needs parts, it is expensive.

All the driver focused cars tend to come from manufacturers that aren't the best when it comes to after sales service. If you want hassle free ownership experience, buy Japanese. I am not a big fan of the Innova as a personal driven vehicle. At the asking price of an Innova today, you much rather pick up the Corolla. If not for the chassis, the engine is superb.

How about a Mitsubishi Outlander or the Honda CRV?
Another T-jet sounds tempting but wifey is firm that another one is not coming (for sentimental reasons).

Skoda & Cruze seem to be on the same boat. Both of have huge fan following here but have been equally criticized for ASS and parts etc. Anyways Skoda is not even in contention since waiting period is 4 months.

None of the cars short listed by me are above 20l, except maybe the Yeti but that too higher trims. Which part of the country are you in? I thought Maharashtra had the highest road taxes etc!

Outlander is no longer available and CRV is out of budget as well as out of stock with Pune dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I haven't ever driven a Laura TSI so cannot comment on that car. But have driven the cruze and let me tell you that if today I have to bet on one car which can stand up to the 320d, it will be the cruze. Mind boggling power. I was so blown away by it that I was almost ready to book the car but ended up buying the bimmer later.

Also the cruze will prove much easier and cheaper to maintain and is overall a reliable machine. I haven't ye come across any major complaint from any of the owners. You will find multiple ownerships thread for the Cruze and one detailed one is from our own moderator mobike. Search for those.

Edit: Here are a few threads that you can go through. I was really mesemrized by the new Jetta. But frankly when I checked them back to back, the Cruze made the Jetta feel like too basic and barebones.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ms-update.html (Chevrolet Cruze LTZ-Ownership Report_EDIT: 41,000kms Update)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...53-000kms.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-review.html (Ghostrider's Chevrolet Cruze LTZ: Initial Ownership Review)

Thanks so much for the links and little heads up on they Chevy Cruze. Will have to now go through each of these before deciding if it enters my short list.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd March 2014 at 22:43.
Ashwin Morey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2014, 13:09   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Everybody,

After a lot of searching, googling, team-bhp reviews and owner experiences I have finally narrowed down my choices to the following:

Toyota Innova (VX or the special edition Z)

XUV 500 W8 AWD

VW Jetta 1.4 TSI

Skoda Yeti Ambition 4*2 (The dealer in Pune has promised a discount)
You claim that the Jetta is the odd choice, but the Innova strikes me as the oddest choice of them all! You won't need the extra seats, you clearly strike me as an enthusiast so you won't enjoy the driving experience, and it's superb as a people mover but not really for your needs.

Take a long hard look at the XUV. It is a superb choice of car if you are inclined towards an SUV. They had a lot of niggles early on, but they've been sorted slowly yet surely over the years. The Cruze too is a very good option, although I wouldn't prefer it over the XUV since the latter is cheaper and does everything the Cruze can do almost as well, if not as well.

The Jetta is a decent option in it's Comfortline variant (diesel), but I'm not sure how much it would cost in Pune and you seem to have been badly put off by the VW experience, which I can understand.

The Yeti too is a good choice, but you'll really have to drive it to get an idea if it's the car for you. It has too much of a niche appeal for it to be easily recommended to everyone. If you need a daily driver that is reasonably fun and has a go-anywhere-do-anything nature (in 4x4 avatar), it could well be the car for you, but you're looking at the 4x2 avatar! There is of course Skoda's service for you to factor in. The Cruze sits at one end of the spectrum (as a sedan) and the XUV occupies the other the other end of it (as an SUV). The Yeti sits somewhere in the middle of the two. Is that what you're looking for?

The XUV and Cruze will most likely be cheaper to own than the Skoda too and this would be my order of recommendation for you.

1) XUV 500
2) Chevy Cruze
3) The Yeti

Note how I didn't even factor the Innova into the equation Good luck and keep us posted
iliketurtles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2014, 17:51   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
The XUV and Cruze will most likely be cheaper to own than the Skoda too and this would be my order of recommendation for you.

1) XUV 500
2) Chevy Cruze
3) The Yeti

Note how I didn't even factor the Innova into the equation Good luck and keep us posted

I think XUV it would be most probably. The Skoda guys after some pathetic experience have finally stuck to their original discount of 1.25 Lacs but the whole experience is maybe God's way of telling me to stay away from them. If the sales team is so bad just imagine how bad the services guys would be.

As far as Cruze is concerned I will have to get in touch with them and do a TD which I may do. Mostly I think XUV is through as everything including budget, finance etc are working perfectly in my favor.

Thanks for the insight BTW, they were really helpful.
Ashwin Morey is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 17:53   #81
BHPian

Hi Guys,

While I am still contemplating on whether or not to buy the XUV500 W8, in an interesting turn of event I just happened to visit Fiat's website and see the new Linea. Suddenly all emotions that compelled me to buy her in the first place, came back again. I think I am falling in love again with the new Linea.

Meanwhile have decided to see what best quotes i receive for my existing T-jet which i have decided to sell as it is. I have listed it for sale on all major websites including the classified section of Team-BHP.

Has anyone TD the new Linea 2014 T-Jet? From all reviews and pics that I have seen I can see that the middle headrest on the back seat is missing.

I also feel that the new armrest at the front is a bad idea. The earlier one was way too better and comfortable. Also the spare wheel being reduced is again heart breaking.

But even then i may still give it yet another shot? What do all experts recommend? Does it make sense to go for another Linea T-Jet Plus? BTW do they have a Linea T-JET plus in the new lineup?
Old 20th March 2014, 13:31   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But even then i may still give it yet another shot? What do all experts recommend? Does it make sense to go for another Linea T-Jet Plus? BTW do they have a Linea T-JET plus in the new lineup?
Definitely give it another shot. They do not have a Tjet Plus now, but instead its named as Emotion. Also, since you are indeed looking at the Tjet, do check out the Vento TSi. I have had good experience with B.U.Bhandari for test drives.
_raVan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2014, 16:04   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Definitely give it another shot. They do not have a Tjet Plus now, but instead its named as Emotion. Also, since you are indeed looking at the Tjet, do check out the Vento TSi. I have had good experience with B.U.Bhandari for test drives.
I have booked it again! I did TD the new Linea (details posted in another thread) and yeah you are right the new T-Jet Plus is Emotion.

As for the Vento TSI, is your experience recent one? I knew an SA whose name was Rishiskesh or something similar and he was very attentive. The recent experience was pathetic, they didn't respond to calls, they never called back, the new SA was ignorant and snobbish. Another reason for not looking at a Vento is because it was a Vento due to which i met with an accident.
Old 21st April 2014, 15:32   #84
Senior - BHPian

Great that you bought the TJET again. I havent come across people who survived in a FIAT and dint buy a FIAT again. Have seen your car lying at FASS and all the events that occurred. I think it was just a bad luck.

How did the accident happen in first place?
amit_mechengg is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 15:58   #85
Senior - BHPian

I echo Amit's view. It doesnt surprise me one bit.

Drive safe, use your smart devices nicely, set appropriate reminders and enjoy driving the Fiat yet again!
funkykar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2014, 13:48   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Great that you bought the TJET again. I havent come across people who survived in a FIAT and dint buy a FIAT again. Have seen your car lying at FASS and all the events that occurred. I think it was just a bad luck.

How did the accident happen in first place?
When did you see the car? I had visited with my new Linea T-Jet and there were some BHPians at the FASS. Were you one of them? I don't remember the name of the guy i spoke to.

The accident happened on Khadki (range hills) road. A VW Vento nudged me from behind on a curve, since both cars were at high speeds, mine went for a spin and ultimately crashed onto a tree, while the Vento just toppled over couple of times. Fortunately no injuries to either of us!
Ashwin Morey is offline   Reply With Quote