Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 2nd December 2011, 11:20   #46
BHPian

Default Re: White Bolero stolen. And then RECOVERED using GPS Tech!! Screenshots inside

Bumping this. Would be great to know what tracking products are in the market and has anyone got any experience with these?
LastActionHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2011, 13:39   #47
BHPian

Default Re: White Bolero stolen. And then RECOVERED using GPS Tech!! Screenshots inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Bumping this. Would be great to know what tracking products are in the market and has anyone got any experience with these?
The only experience i've had till now is this one.I guess Map my India also offers GPS tracker devices.The unit here can be programmed to disable the vehicle whenever required.It can again be enabled by the agency or the thieves will have to fiddle with ECU.(This is what i've been told,i might be wrong).

Last edited by BoneCollector : 2nd December 2011 at 14:07.
BoneCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2011, 13:48   #48
Senior - BHPian

I would think that any GPS tracker, from any foreign vendor would give the same functionality.
Doesnt necessarily have to be an india marketed unit. (??).
Just saying cos by ecos of scale, foriegn stuff would be cheaper(?).
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:29   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
MicroVBB This one is being used by one of the bhpians, elite model in his scorpio IIRC.

EDIT: Its not really a tracking system but with this on board one might not even need tracking. Still, nothing's hack proof.

Last edited by fine69 : 2nd December 2011 at 15:30.
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:41   #50
Senior - BHPian

the narration can even beat a Blockbuster ; excellent informative read . Thanks a ton.

One will now have to figure out where to "hide" the device to outsmart even the best conmen.
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:59   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The only experience i've had till now is this one.I guess Map my India also offers GPS tracker devices.The unit here can be programmed to disable the vehicle whenever required.It can again be enabled by the agency or the thieves will have to fiddle with ECU.(This is what i've been told,i might be wrong).
I am sorry in the whole thread (i could have missed it), I could not come across the make of the GPS device in the Bolero that was recovered & the installation procedure.
AvinashV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2011, 16:57   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

In this thread there are two issues, the GPS and the hassle to get the car back. I have a story on the second part. A friends 1st gen City was stolen from Babulnath. Complaint was made with the police. Naturally you follow up. The cops gave all the ususla bull, what sort of gang goes after these cars, where the cars are hidden, when they are likely to find it, till the trail got cold. They talk just to give you confidence, but really not much is done.
After 3 weeks while moving along Nepean Sea Road, he found his car. He, my friend found it, not the cops. Sheer luck. He had to go to Malabar Hill Police station, they came and waited for a few hours hoping the thief would come back(he did not), and then the car was driven to the police station. And kept there till he got a court order to release the car, which took around 5 days and some tea. Later he found more petrol in the car than there was earlier, maybe it was stolen for using.
The issue is that when one is a victim of a car theft, you are still made to undergo more hassles and trauma to recover your car. If the car has to be forensically examined, that can be done and car returned. Involving the court to restore the ownership wastes the overworked& overwhelmed courts time. Absolutely needless, brainless, waste of time, and one can say even inhumane. Maybe the laws will change if one were to take this up with a Human Rights Organisation.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 02:28   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmits_bhp View Post
You at least need to pull one wire for powering the unit. You can use battery +ve directly from battery or from anywhere in the car where there is direct battery power e.g. stereo.

You may also choose to use ACC power. In that case unit will be drawing power only when the vehicle is ACC ON.

You can always connect the negative wire to by grounding it anywhere.

Rest of the connections are optional.
Amit, can you suggest for a simple, reliable, vfm option available in the India market with no recurring cost

thanks
Anupam
Anupam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 11:23   #54
BHPian

Can anyone help in letting me know the cost and install procedures for Mahindra GPS system?
sbala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 12:52   #55
Senior - BHPian

Bumping this thread up.
I was reviewing GPS tracker systems
Namely:
http://itrackindia.com/
http://www.gpstracker.in/

What has been the community's experience with such systems with regard to private car protection (NOT: Fleet Management)?
joybhowmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2014, 16:10   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
Bumping this thread up.
I was reviewing GPS tracker systems
Namely:
http://itrackindia.com/
http://www.gpstracker.in/

What has been the community's experience with such systems with regard to private car protection (NOT: Fleet Management)?
I would suggest iTrack just for this feature "Gradual stop function is also available where the vehicle can be stopped by sending pulse to the immobilizer or fuel pump."

If the vehicle is stolen, It would be least useful to know whether the stolen vehicle is in Place A or Place B. If the vehicle is stolen, we can paralyze the vehicle using the feature to disable the fuel pump / ECU. This would give time for the owner to recover the vehicle without using police help.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote