Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 28th June 2011, 18:01   #16
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Biker Crashes into my Figo

CS, why don't you explore the TBHP Directory for Bangalore section? You can find a lot of workshops/garages which offer flawless dent repair and painting. The total cost would be even less than one-third of the amount you have been quoted.

You have been royally taken for a ride with those inflated bills!
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 18:09   #17
Team-BHP Support

What's the breakup of the estimate? 19K is way too high. I would even write to Ford asking why this crazy exhorbitant rate.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 18:13   #18
BHPian

It's quite sad to hear man. Since I also live & drive in Bangalore I am very well aware of how these bikers ride. I always wonder if they are in such a hurry, why not start a bit earlier ?

Anyway, why don't you ask for a break up as others suggested? You could post the details here for others to have a look.
19K looks quite high.
bkbkr1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 18:22   #19
BHPian

Estimate looks way too high. Not sure where you stay at, but there is a TVS paint shop opposite Sagar Hospital on Bannerghatta Road. Try to get a quote from them and try with other Ford dealers as well.
vista_qjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 18:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

Captain, knowing ford they are just trying to make money from insurance. you have two options- Since your car is just about a year old you get 100% labour and most of the parts under insurance which means you need to pay around 800-1000 bucks.

Another option is to get it done from outside which may cost anything from 7000-10K. So decide between saving around 3K NCB and not claiming insurance or claiming it and let ford guys loot the insurer .

And really sad to see the Donkey hit :(.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 18:45   #21
BHPian

Sad to know about the incident Captain.

From the looks of it, doesn't look like a lot of damage to the doors.
I would be surprised if they are recommending a replacement of the doors.
I am assuming that minor body work would do.
19K seems to be quite high anyway.

Which FASS did you get the quote from? Why don't you try getting a quote from another FASS or a non-FASS, Carnation, Private player etc.

- Abhi
naut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 19:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

First thank you all for your support. Its teambhp and you petrol heads thats bringing a smile back to my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Is he replacing the complete door? 19K for just repainting sounds too much but you never know.
mayankjha1806
According to the SA the figos door comes in 2 parts.
One is the outer shell and second the inner shell. SA says the outer shell of the rear door needs to be replaced cost 1577.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Sorry about the hit. Crazy bikers are well, a pain, to put it simply.

How many panels are impacted ? The way the snaps are taken + the fact that the car is shiny and black + the reflection of other cars on it, it is tough to make out the actual damage. To me it looks like the 2 door panels are the ones with damage.

Recently a friend got repainting done for his Accent at non-HASS and it was like 3.5K per panel. I had asked MASS about repainting a panel of our A* and they quoted 3.8K.

So, if only 2 panels are damaged, looks like the FASS is charging more.

EDIT : Re-read your post which says front door has a very minor dent and rear door has more noticeable dents. So basically 1 panel needs to be tinkered/painted. The price they quote is atrocious.
Thanks, 2 panels need to be tinkered and painted. The rear door is not in such a bad shape that it needs to be replaced.
Attached is the estimate given by the A.S.S

Im sorry for the poor angle of pictures taken. These were taken at the A.S.S there wasn't enough space. I will be going there again tomorrow and will update with better pictures.

xotiq, f1fan
Thanks for your comments about the car but seeing her like this just brings tears to my eyes. The big worry for me is about the estimate given by ford which is rather huge for a small damage like this.
The Metal is not cut. But here the shape is gone a little bit. SA says they cant get back the original shape and wants to replace the door skin.

WAG7
thanks for your support WAG7
The replacement part is only 1,5xx! The labour charge is 18,xxx!

VW2010
16,000? this is 19,xxx something.

shajufx
Thank you for your support, Accoring to the SA figo door comes in parts and we can replace just the outer shell of the door. I dont knowif this is true.

Thats really scary ! Im sure they will put a case on the poor driver and blame him for the stupid bikers death.

Im not against bikes or bikers. I just cant see stupid senseless people driving bikes or cars. Im sorry to say this but 90 or maybe 95% of all bikers in namma Bangalore lack any road sense.

Bblost,
thats a fantastic job done on your car! I cant even tell it was repainted.
Attached the estimate.
Now I think Im in a bigger mess. Read below.

Benbsb29 Thanks for the reply, but now I think Im in a bigger mess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
What's the breakup of the estimate? 19K is way too high. I would even write to Ford asking why this crazy exhorbitant rate.
Attached the estimate take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Captain, knowing ford they are just trying to make money from insurance. you have two options- Since your car is just about a year old you get 100% labour and most of the parts under insurance which means you need to pay around 800-1000 bucks.

Another option is to get it done from outside which may cost anything from 7000-10K. So decide between saving around 3K NCB and not claiming insurance or claiming it and let ford guys loot the insurer .

And really sad to see the Donkey hit :(.
Aye, You hit the nail spot on! Something doesn't seem right here. I don't want to post anything here with my car still with them.

I just got word from my SA that the Insurance claim is approved. I have TATA AIG insurance and the max I would have to pay is around 2,500 or 3,000. He is not willing to disclose the exact amount and says depends on the insurance company.
He wants my approval to start the job. I told him to hold it until tomorrow.

Now comes the twisted part. According to one person at the A.S.S, If I take the car back I will have to pay them for the estimate or rather estimate making charges which is around Rs 500-1,000 again no proper figure given.

Just thinking If I cancel this claim will I have to pay the insurance company Policy excess Rs 500 ? Also now that the claim is approved can I shift the job somewhere else ?

The Estimate I got is without any taxes so with taxes it will cross Rs 22,000 ?

My apologies if I missed out on anyones post it wasn't intentional.
Attached Thumbnails
Biker Crashes into my Figo-estimate001.jpg  

Last edited by Captain Slow : 28th June 2011 at 19:35.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 20:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

500-1000 for estimate charges? whom are they trying to kid, just tell them I will pay and will never go to them for the paid services. Just send a mail to ford customer care and if possible the service center's MD or someone, the mail id's are available on net.

Why 2000-3000? If around 18k is just labor? Tata AIG is notorious for hard bargaining the labor charges, if you are servicing at an authorized service center, you should get 100% of labor and at least 50% of parts considering depreciation and 500 claim charges and from your estimate you should not pay anything more than 1000. Beware and don't let these guys take you for a ride.
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 20:41   #24
Team-BHP Support

Why does the door skin need to be changed? Why does the front fender need to to be repainted?

If you dont get the door skin changed and front fender painted that is 8K less.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 21:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

Respected sir, Had you been in mumbai I could have got same work done in 5000/- ,incl of beat out dents and repainting the both doors and finally polishing.
Relax go to any good garage and get it done ,its not a seriouse damage.In mumbai in my freinds garage it should not take more then 3 days.
F

Note from Support: Please do not quote a long post. This hampers readability for our mobile users.

Last edited by Eddy : 28th June 2011 at 21:46. Reason: Note Inline
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 22:02   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Captain Slow,

I was quoted somewhere near ~2k for a panel in Sai Colorium, Bangalore. I have read reviews here and also heard that their work is good. Also, they are a dedicated body shop.

Which all panels need repainting?. In any case, your total bill would be ~8000 and quality of work much better than A.S.S. My humble opinion is to take the car to them/alternate dedicated body shop. Believe me, the end results would be much better.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 23:09   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

@Captain Slow, sad to see that. Have been there, with a biker trying to pass on my left even as I was taking a left turn.

19k is high. The A.S.S is not going to paint the entire door. It will be a local (area) fix. This does not affect warranty, so you could look at third party services.

If you do not have a NCB, and since your car is about a year old, you could go for insurance claim. If you dont have NCB, then your NCB on future premiums will only get postponed by a year. (But if you already enjoy NCB, then your entire NCB is gone & you will have to start accruing this all over again).
condor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 23:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

Exclamation Re: Biker Crashes into my Figo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
WAG7
thanks for your support WAG7
The replacement part is only 1,5xx! The labour charge is 18,xxx!
Mummy!!!!!!!!! 18,000/- labour charges?!! For a part that costs only 1500/-?? double What are they going to do to the door?
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 23:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Why does the door skin need to be changed? Why does the front fender need to to be repainted?

If you dont get the door skin changed and front fender painted that is 8K less.
Door skin because the SA says has got a little bend and they cant restore the original shape and want to change it.
I will look into that tomorrow when I get to the workshop. Not too sure. Will upload fresh pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Respected sir, Had you been in mumbai I could have got same work done in 5000/- ,incl of beat out dents and repainting the both doors and finally polishing.
Relax go to any good garage and get it done ,its not a seriouse damage.In mumbai in my freinds garage it should not take more then 3 days.
Unfortunately Im not and I think I might have give them a green light to start off with the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hi Captain Slow,

I was quoted somewhere near ~2k for a panel in Sai Colorium, Bangalore. I have read reviews here and also heard that their work is good. Also, they are a dedicated body shop.

Which all panels need repainting?. In any case, your total bill would be ~8000 and quality of work much better than A.S.S. My humble opinion is to take the car to them/alternate dedicated body shop. Believe me, the end results would be much better.
Can I still do that now? Insurance has already approved my claim, now only the A.S.S is waiting for a green light from me. If I cancel this claim will I lose anything ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Captain Slow, sad to see that. Have been there, with a biker trying to pass on my left even as I was taking a left turn.

19k is high. The A.S.S is not going to paint the entire door. It will be a local (area) fix. This does not affect warranty, so you could look at third party services.

If you do not have a NCB, and since your car is about a year old, you could go for insurance claim. If you dont have NCB, then your NCB on future premiums will only get postponed by a year. (But if you already enjoy NCB, then your entire NCB is gone & you will have to start accruing this all over again).
Thanks for your kind words Condor, Bikers are the most irritating people on the road after the auto wallas.
I do not have any NCB, last around the same time, 25-26 June 2010 I made a claim. June seems to be unlucky for me and my car.
Last years claim was quite easy and trouble free.

I just remembered. They also want me to Sign and give them the Insurance Satisfaction letter/Discharge Voucher right away! Reason given - Because cashless claim so you have to sign this right away.
Even before the Job has started. Any Insurance experts can advice on this ?
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 00:05   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Door skin because the SA says has got a little bend and they cant restore the original shape and want to change it.
I wouldnt buy that yet. The damage my left rear door suffered was at almost the same spot as your rear door. It's the bike's crash guard, I think.

Quote:
I just remembered. They also want me to Sign and give them the Insurance Satisfaction letter/Discharge Voucher right away! Reason given - Because cashless claim so you have to sign this right away.
Call their bluff. Tell them you have spoken to the helpdesk & Insurance agent friends - who have said it is not required. Or, ask them to prove it by showing it to you in B&W.

Else you always have other places to get the work done.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote