Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 2nd July 2011, 16:27   #16
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Sadist's On Road(Shoe Hurled at my moving car).

akshay, my sympathies. This is no different from kids making off with car logos or loafers scratching the side of your new car with their keys. My Mom calls it jaali-buddhi (Hard to translate but more or less "jealous mentality").

BTW on a related but more distasteful note, there were several incidents reported some time ago about plastic bags of human waste being hurled at passengers in Mumbai local trains, especially the ladies' compartments. I know one person who suffered through such an episode. It's disgusting and shameful, but this is the reality of the society we live in.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2011, 16:32   #17
BHPian

Similar thing happened to me today in front of Medical Trust hospital Kochi.

I was crawling in the traffic & a guy wanted to cross the road. Although he crossed the road inspite of the traffic moving slowly he banged on my bonnet twice just after he passed.

I could not do anything but voiced the choice of my colourful local lingo.

Maybe some issues @ the hospital. I thanked myself for not buying a gun or else i would have shot him down right away.
Skyline GT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2011, 19:24   #18
MK3
BHPian

I wonder at a person we call MOTHER, a classic example of how one could shower love even in place of frustration. If all our hearts are that big world will be a better place.

Akshay, though i understand your rightful frustration, i feel you be kind to forgive these stupids and move on. Thanks for sharing!
MK3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 07:35   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

To Akshay and the other equally angry men on this thread, a public service announcement -

Kindly note, revenge is a dish best served cold. Not in the heat of the moment.

/kakke, ki fark penda hai yaar? Dil pe mat le, haath mai le!
//on a side note - i hope you kept the shoe. Don't lose your cool, make that idiot lose his shoe.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 10:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
To Akshay and the other equally angry men on this thread, a public service announcement -

Kindly note, revenge is a dish best served cold. Not in the heat of the moment.

/kakke, ki fark penda hai yaar? Dil pe mat le, haath mai le!
//on a side note - i hope you kept the shoe. Don't lose your cool, make that idiot lose his shoe.
Farak penda hai sirjee,especially when you take care of your car,and you end up with a dent for no fault of yours.
Got it done.
how i wish,i could create a dent on the morons body
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 15:51   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Talking Re: Sadist's On Road(Shoe Hurled at my moving car).

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Farak penda hai sirjee,especially when you take care of your car,and you end up with a dent for no fault of yours.
Got it done.
I didn't say ki do nothing. I said choose your battles wisely.

There, is that clearer now?
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 17:50   #22
BHPian

Very sorry to hear about the needless damage. Btw this could very well have been a decoy for a little burglary - haven't we heard of cases where the driver was distracted by tossed pebbles/reports of leaking fuel line etc and some accomplice swiping off cellphones/wallets/laptops when the driver got down to investigate.

In any case, at that point in the middle of the highway its best to just let such things go - you wouldn't know you'd be walking into!
singhsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:03   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
It reminds me of the time when my friend was cruising at 140 to Mysore last monsoon and some loafer threw an egg on his windshield.
If there is nothing more to the story, your friend should consider himself lucky. I read, on Team-BHP itself, about a group of highway robbers who hurl eggs on the windscreen. Your instant reaction would be to use wash & wipe, right? Well, that apparently worsens the visibility so much that you simply can't drive. The minute you pull over, they pounce on you with knives to loot you of all your belongings.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 02:04   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If there is nothing more to the story, your friend should consider himself lucky. I read, on Team-BHP itself, about a group of highway robbers who hurl eggs on the windscreen. Your instant reaction would be to use wash & wipe, right? Well, that apparently worsens the visibility so much that you simply can't drive. The minute you pull over, they pounce on you with knives to loot you of all your belongings.
Yup. Have read about those incidents. And he did cover a good distance, carefully enough, before stopping to wipe his windsheild clean.

P.S.: That's why he always carries a baseball bat in his car (Thank God he never got a chance to use it though).
creative420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 16:14   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Similar incident happened with me while going to ooty recenlty. Near masingudi an old woman not in proper mental state was walking(swinging/shouting) on the side of the road, suddenly she threw a huge stone that she was already holding right at my car. The stone hit just below the back side window and created a dent. I did not stop the car as I was afraid she may throw another one. I was actually releaved it did not hit the window where my daughter was sitting looking outside.
pach is offline   Reply With Quote