Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 5th May 2014, 16:21   #1036
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
The Vasai bridge is in my dad's daily route. Last Saturday it took him 3 hours to reach Vasai from Malad and another 3 hours to return home that is a whopping 6 hours stuck on the road! What about his office work? Will the NHAI compensate him? For at least a month no work had started they had just blocked the bridge thats it.Even now I have never seen more than 10 workers working on the bridge at a time. Work is being carried out at a snail's pace. Don't think it will be ready even by July.
I drive to Vasai every Friday but have been lucky as I have not been stuck for more then 40 mins. I guess the fact that all industries in MIDC are shut on Friday's helps. I agree with the slow pace of work but the problem is monsoons start from next month and we can imagine the chaos in store for us once it starts to rain!
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 19:28   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I drive to Vasai every Friday but have been lucky as I have not been stuck for more then 40 mins. I guess the fact that all industries in MIDC are shut on Friday's helps. I agree with the slow pace of work but the problem is monsoons start from next month and we can imagine the chaos in store for us once it starts to rain!
My father drives to Vasai everyday except friday. According to him mondays are relatively lesser time consuming and sunday is the most time consuming. Another thing he told me today was that he now takes the link road from Dahisar rather than the Highway as he was stuck in a jam on sunday.

Looks like Mumbaikars have to face a bottleneck on both the sides of the Western Expressway.
dean5545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 20:52   #1038
Senior - BHPian

Not a traffic question, but related.
Where is the nearest to Siddhivinayak Temple can I get safe paid parking where I can leave my car for a few hours. I am fine with parking a couple of kms off and taking a cab to Siddhivinayak.
carboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 21:05   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Not a traffic question, but related.
Where is the nearest to Siddhivinayak Temple can I get safe paid parking where I can leave my car for a few hours. I am fine with parking a couple of kms off and taking a cab to Siddhivinayak.
When you are coming from south mumbai,once you cross the vijay sales there is a left turn.
Take that left , that is a MCGM pay and park street.
keep going on the street a little inside though.
manas27587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 21:07   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
When you are coming from south mumbai,once you cross the vijay sales there is a left turn.
Take that left , that is a MCGM pay and park street.
keep going on the street a little inside though.
I will be coming from Dadar to Siddhivinayak - how do I find this?
Old 6th May 2014, 21:39   #1041
BHPian

What time of the day, & which day are you traveling to Siddhivinayak?

Since you are coming from Dadar, around Shivaji Park, then cab it up.
Sunday morning I parked right behind the temple gave the flower shop guy some 100/- bucks and car was safe and sound.
neofromcapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 22:07   #1042
BHPian

Some work is going on at the Dindoshi flyover again and it becomes crowded as hell any time of the day! On Saturday I took the WEH from Kandivali and it took more than an hour to cross Oberoi mall since they were diverting all the traffic to go below the flyover.

Similar scenario while returning at 10pm. This time they had reserved one lane on the flyover for oncoming traffic (wrong way) and hence again it was too time consuming.

It is really a pain to drive on the highway now. It is crowded at most times and somehow now I prefer taking the Link Road till Bandra since the traffic is at least flowing.
StrangeWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 00:11   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
I will be coming from Dadar to Siddhivinayak - how do I find this?

Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1399401659.576399.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  119.4 KB

See the pin on the map.
Old 7th May 2014, 02:53   #1044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Since you are coming from Dadar, around Shivaji Park, then cab it up.
I am not actually come from Dadar, I am coming from Dadar direction rather than from South Bombay direction.

And I will coming sometime in the morning. And I am not sure if flower guy can prevent your car from being towed.
Old 7th May 2014, 09:32   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
I am not actually come from Dadar, I am coming from Dadar direction rather than from South Bombay direction.

And I will coming sometime in the morning. And I am not sure if flower guy can prevent your car from being towed.

Just put the street name visible on the map in google maps and you'll be good to go.
Old 21st May 2014, 15:26   #1046
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys, I will be travelling by car from Pune to Borivali East next month. What is the best (fastest) route to take? Having left South Mumbai 2 years ago I'm not very familiar with the latest road conditions esp in the suburbs.
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2014, 15:51   #1047
BHPian

I did think it would be Pune-ExpressWay-End into NH4-Right turn from Mankhurd-hit eastern expressway and take left - drive onto SCLR - Fall onto Western expressway - Drive onto Borivali. I did avoid office hours especially for the western expressway stretch, if possible.
neelchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2014, 12:59   #1048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelchak View Post
I did think it would be Pune-ExpressWay-End into NH4-Right turn from Mankhurd-hit eastern expressway and take left - drive onto SCLR - Fall onto Western expressway - Drive onto Borivali. I did avoid office hours especially for the western expressway stretch, if possible.
Or should it be turn Right at Eastern expressway and Left at JVLR. This according to google maps is 4 kms longer than your suggestion. But wouldn't it be better as far as traffic is concerned?
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2014, 13:11   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Mumbai Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Hi Guys, I will be travelling by car from Pune to Borivali East next month. What is the best (fastest) route to take? Having left South Mumbai 2 years ago I'm not very familiar with the latest road conditions esp in the suburbs.
I would suggest the E-way, Thane Belapur Road, Airoli, Thane, Ghodbunder Road, Borivali E route. Dont know if this would mean extra kms, but surely you wont be stuck in any traffic anywhere.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2014, 13:20   #1050
BHPian

@goandude, I am guessing you will be going around IC colony. Then take the route suggested by Gholdhur, with a small detour.
After paying the Dahisar toll, don't take the flyover immediately after it, take the right below it and follow the inside road, turn right at the next signal ( <750 mts from below the flyover) and this will lead to the dahisar railway overbridge onto link road and shanti nagar.
neofromcapone is offline   Reply With Quote