Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 18th July 2014, 17:49   #1126
BHPian

Default Mumbai Traffic

Just FYI to anyone traveling from
Borivali side to Andheri and beyond, totally avoid Link road. There is a fire in andheri at a building just opposite SAB TV office and hence there is huge traffic buildup due to lots of fire brigades and ambulances. There is traffic right from Kandivali till DN nagar.
I suffered for 2.5 hours in best bus. I also put a waze alert. Please avoid aforementioned route. Take SV Road or better take highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
raksrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2014, 14:26   #1127
BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai Traffic

Looks like acche din are coming for people commuting on Godhbandar Road. Another section of Majiwada flyover is getting ready to be opened. A notice has been put up at Vihang Inn signal, indicating "Use flyover for Mumbai and Nashik". This board has a layer of plastic attached to it and is not clearly visible. I also noticed some Shiv Sena type flags on the flyover today!
sa_kiran is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2014, 14:31   #1128
BHPian

Thats really good news. Now I hope to shave off atleast 3 minutes from my daily drive :-)
an_and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2014, 15:46   #1129
BHPian

The flyover is now open - https://twitter.com/pratapsarnaik/st...86257621397505
Mumbai Traffic-imageuploadedbyteambhp1406024098.834949.jpgMumbai Traffic-imageuploadedbyteambhp1406024121.099521.jpg
Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1406024171.738957.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  244.8 KBMumbai Traffic-imageuploadedbyteambhp1406024199.082489.jpg
sa_kiran is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2014, 09:10   #1130
BHPian

Default Mumbai Traffic

The flyover is not really open, yesterday's opening seems to be a photo opportunity. The entrance to the flyover was blocked this morning!

UPDATE: https://twitter.com/pratapsarnaik/status/491642054179442688

Last edited by sa_kiran : 23rd July 2014 at 09:18.
sa_kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2014, 09:44   #1131
Senior - BHPian

Angry Re: Mumbai Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
The flyover is not really open, yesterday's opening seems to be a photo opportunity
This is just for the up manship by the political party considering the forthcoming elections. Historically the said political party have been opening the flyovers in Thane even when the authorities havent give a clear go ahead. It was in TOI yesterday of the flyover being thrown open only by August end.

I would like for the flyover to be opened ASAP as the present stretch from start of the flyover to the Eastern express highway connection is a mess with every moron trying to outrun other vehicles to get ahead.

The new chaotic point now is the Mulund toll. The recently laid tar road was gone in the first rains with huge potholes which recently were filled by paver blocks and have come off making the approach to the Mulund toll even more difficult.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2014, 09:16   #1132
BHPian

Ghodbunder Nashik part of the Kapurbawdi flyover will be inagurated officially today by CM and Dy CM
mahesh_sn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2014, 11:21   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
. It was in TOI yesterday of the flyover being thrown open only by August end.
Had a close look at the flyover going towards Eastern express highway today. I have my doubts whether it will be ready by August end. Still lot of work to be done, and some how the pace of the work has slowed down after the monsoon started. Even if the Nasik stretch is ready and opened for public, will create some confusion as people intending to go towards EEH might just take the flyover and end up on the wrong side.

The condition of road at Kapurbawdi circle is pathetic on both the sides

The next thing Ghodbunder road needs is Foot over bridges at some of the busiest junctions (where currently there are no flyovers), especially near Tatvgyan Vidhyapith. Crossing the road is a real task as I can see most of the time tendency of jumping the signal by motorists when there is no traffic police, and even sometimes when there is one, as most of the time he will park his bike near Vihang Hotel and will be quietly watching the proceedings. On once inquiring with him why is he allowing people to jump the signal, he said "What do i do alone ?? it is such a busy highway !!"
Prafful_Rathod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2014, 11:35   #1134
Senior - BHPian

Red face Re: Mumbai Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh_sn View Post
Ghodbunder Nashik part of the Kapurbawdi flyover will be inagurated officially today by CM and Dy CM
Whats the source of this information? The CM had already inagurated the flyover once, why should it be inagurated again? Its just an arm of the bridge which needs to be thrown open for public use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
I have my doubts whether it will be ready by August end. Still lot of work to be done, and some how the pace of the work has slowed down after the monsoon started. Even if the Nasik stretch is ready and opened for public, will create some confusion as people intending to go towards EEH might just take the flyover and end up on the wrong side.

The next thing Ghodbunder road needs is Foot over bridges at some of the busiest junctions (where currently there are no flyovers), especially near Tatvgyan Vidhyapith.
The dates have been changing for the past 5 years, so it wouldnt be new if they are changed again. IMO the Bhiwandi to Nasik arm of the flyover shouldnt be opened unless the GB Road to EE highway arm is also ready for the specific reason you mentioned. To avoid confusion. If the Nasik arm is thrown open and someone mistakenly gets on to the flyover, the roundabout for getting back to the EE highway is a complete kms and half from the exit point. Plus this will add to the traffic chaos when people attempt to take U turn.

There are FOB's planned for GB Road at 6 specific spots, hopefully it will see the light in the next 3-4 years or more.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2014, 12:47   #1135
BHPian

Quote:
Whats the source of this information? The CM had already inagurated the flyover once, why should it be inagurated again? Its just an arm of the bridge which needs to be thrown open for public use.
Read today's Loksatta. There is a quarter page ad on the below page
http://epaper.loksatta.com/309561/in...2014#page/14/1
mahesh_sn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2014, 15:32   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
The CM had already inagurated the flyover once, why should it be inagurated again?
anything for publicity! This morning I noticed that Shiv Sena flags were replaced with Cong hoardings. I sensed that the inaguration is imminent.

I sincerely hope that the authorities open their eyes to the madness at Kopri overbridge and the mess before toll booth EEH.
sa_kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2014, 16:11   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post

I sincerely hope that the authorities open their eyes to the madness at Kopri overbridge and the mess before toll booth EEH.
Absolutely that place is a complete mess. Cant even see any immediate solution to the problem as such. The toll booth is completely overloaded during peak hours
Prafful_Rathod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2014, 16:50   #1138
Senior - BHPian

Red face Re: Mumbai Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
Absolutely that place is a complete mess. Cant even see any immediate solution to the problem as such. The toll booth is completely overloaded during peak hours
I had written about the issue to Thane traffic police, they came back saying that it doesnt fall under their jurisdiction. Writing to Mumbai traffic police is like
Old 25th July 2014, 08:43   #1139
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Mumbai Traffic

Like announced in the papers yesterday the GB Road + Bhiwandi to Nasik arm of the Majiwade flyover has been thrown open. Could see no barriers while coming from GB Road and could see a couple of vehicles using the stretch. But was largely ignored by most of the vehicles since they didnt want to take the risk of getting down at a wrong location.

Today it was relatively lesser traffic at the Mulund toll, do the traffic cops also follow Team BHP? I guess they should.
Old 27th July 2014, 13:27   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
Like announced in the papers yesterday the GB Road + Bhiwandi to Nasik arm of the Majiwade flyover has been thrown open. Could see no barriers while coming from GB Road and could see a couple of vehicles using the stretch.
I pass this part of highway daily and over the last few days noticed few vehicles using the GB Road to Nashik arm of the flyover. However given the current exit point of the flyover, its a disaster waiting to happen.
The flyover exists just before the Lodha/Rustomji complex gate. So cars that need to go into and out of Lodha/Rustomji complexes, need to go right across the flyover exit.

Apart from being a recipe for accidents, given our road users penchant to always put self interest ahead of others, it also has potential to create traffic snarls up the flyover, on the EEH and inside Lodha complex.
gomzi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote