Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 28th March 2007, 00:39   #121
Senior - BHPian

On a lighter note manikjeet

Quote:
1 i overtake from the left mostly every time

3 When some one doesn't give me way to overtake i overtake them somehow and then cut sharply infront of them it scares the sh** out of the people

5 i never stop at the lights near my house
You qualify for the cab drivers forum here in Bangalore if they have one LOLz.(No offense mate)
But yeah thats how the cabbies drive here in Bangalore.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2007, 01:00   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
On a lighter note manikjeet

You qualify for the cab drivers forum here in Bangalore if they have one LOLz.(No offense mate)
But yeah thats how the cabbies drive here in Bangalore.
ca
Finally i can tell my dad i qualify as a cabbi he say i cann't go nothing
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2007, 04:31   #123
BHPian

1. I overtake from the left a lot, mostly when there is slow moving traffic on the right lane who don't give a damn and stay there crawling

I first flash my lights. Then honk. Then repeat the whole process. Finally, out of frustration I overtake from the left and then cut sharply across the front of the fool's car. Dangerous I know.

2. Shout at every biker, auto walla, other vehicles who come to the wrong side of the road - road rage personified

Just last week I almost ran over a disabled guy in some sort of sidecar type contraption who came across the road at right angles to the traffic flow. I stopped in such a way that he was sandwiched between my car and the divider with nowhere to go. Then got out and SCREAMED at him for a whole minute till he almost started crying.

3. Honk at times when the guy in front doesnt give me way and this only when he/she can definitely move to the side and let me pass

See No 1. above.

4. Don't encourage beggars (especially kids) and at-the-signal vendors

I dunno. If they're obnoxious and persistent I simply ignore them. If they're quiet I just give them some change.

5. I do overspeed withint the city just for the kicks

Stopped doing that a while back. Sometimes I do accelerate very hard, but only to pass slower moving traffic.

6. Don't wear my seatbelt at times

Always wear the belt! Always!

7. Flash my high beams at anyone who's on high beams coming in the opp. side

Only if there's nobody directly ahead of me and just for the instant that the blind fool is at the front of the train of oncoming cars. Its ok to punish somebody but others should not suffer.

8. Sometimes am not courteous to pedestrains with traffic breathing down my neck

Very rarely. Only when somebody's really gotten on my nerves. In fact I like to halt and wait for older people or children or women crossing the road just to hear the insincere fools behind honk helplessly.

9. Look like I'm in a hurry when travelling long distances.

Rarely every travel long distances. On the highway I drive quick, accelerating hard through the gears. But limit myself to 100 (80 at night or on a not so good road).
theEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2007, 20:11   #124
BHPian

Shift to reverse-gear and threaten to back up into the face of those who honk too madly even before the traffic signal goes green
gbpscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2007, 21:21   #125

Cool driving.... crawling... racing... choose

1. I ALWAYS wear my seat belt
2. ALWAYS turn signals for changin lanes..
3. Usually overtake from the left.. that more easier that honking and gettin the jerk in front of you to move out.
4. i hate trucks, auto walas and cabbies..morons.. tats the word... i guess..
5. usually stick to just abt 10kmph above the speed limit within cities... on the highway its a different story...
6. get really irritated when people come from the opposite side with high beams on.. usually keep blinkin continually to get them to lower it..
7. almost never use high beam...only when necessary... lets face it.. indian roads are not lit up properly at night...

top speed inside b'lore city is 110kmph.. neat aint it... but a crap speed breaker on airport road forced me to sudden brake... robbed me of all that fun...
cs10204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2007, 15:25   #126
Senior - BHPian

Just 2 Confessions:

1. I am Fast (but Safe)
2. I obey MOST of the rules.
3. I respect others on the road! Man, Machine and Cattles! Mumbai Rocks!
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2007, 09:56   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
1. I overtake from the left a lot, mostly when there is slow moving traffic on the right lane who don't give a damn and stay there crawling

I first flash my lights. Then honk. Then repeat the whole process. Finally, out of frustration I overtake from the left and then cut sharply across the front of the fool's car. Dangerous I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpscars View Post
Shift to reverse-gear and threaten to back up into the face of those who honk too madly even before the traffic signal goes green
Just pray that gbscars doesnt come behinfd you at a signal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Just 2 Confessions:

1. I am Fast (but Safe)
2. I obey MOST of the rules.
3. I respect others on the road! Man, Machine and Cattles! Mumbai Rocks!
Amtak , I have one confession to make , its three confessions and not two
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2007, 10:14   #128
Senior - BHPian

confessions :
1) HEAVY MAD CRAZY ROAD RAGE : i drive an Maruti 800 and a BULLET 350 STD (which is an actuall classic, its an 1960 bullet). i have actually beaten up autorickshaw drivers and have beaten up few pedestrians who have tried to crossed roads showing the PALM OF GOD (keep in mind the signal is still green).

2) Not adhering to signals after 11 in the night.
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2007, 13:06   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Amtak , I have one confession to make , its three confessions and not two
The third one is a inner feeling Actually my server conked off before i could edit it and then let it go!
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2007, 12:02   #130
BHPian

Things i do:
Mostly wear seatbelts. definetely on highways.
Definetely flash when the car coming opposite is on high beam.
If somebody honks badly from behind let them pass me then. i honk at them even worse than what they did to me.

Very rarely over take from left.
Give way to ambulance.
generally stop at traffic lights if its red and even when there is no traffic going across.

I think horns should be removed from all automobiles from india by default all manufactures should sell vehicles without them.
pshyamsundar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 18:22   #131
BHPian

Default When were you the mindless moron???

I can generally be found preaching safety, restraint and wisdom to no end. but as they say - every saint has a past, and every criminal, a future

i thought it would be interesting to lay down our confessions here. clean and bare. when were you the reckless, thoughtless moron carried away by over-enthusiasm, throwing caution to the winds, and very nearly gotten yourself in deep trouble on the road?

perhaps we could narrate those incidents?

the most entertaining of my escapades would be the time i threw our old maruti omni we once had, around on a dirt track to make it go sideways!!! without having it topple over, of course... and that was just before we had to change a set of tyres. so i grabbed the opportunity to have a little fun and a lot of risk with it...

LOL now, but i must have gone whacko at the time!
skandyhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 02:54   #132
BHPian

the most entertaining of my escapades would be the time i threw our old maruti omni we once had, around on a dirt track to make it go sideways!!! without having it topple over, of course... and that was just before we had to change a set of tyres. so i grabbed the opportunity to have a little fun and a lot of risk with it...

LOL now, but i must have gone whacko at the time!
skandyhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 14:07   #133
Senior - BHPian

1. I overtake from the left a lot, mostly when there is slow moving traffic on the right lane who don't give a damn and stay there crawling... ME TOO
2. Shout at every biker, auto walla, other vehicles who come to the wrong side of the road - road rage personified Used to do it but since it has not improved them, have stopped and rarely do it now.
3. Honk at times when the guy in front doesnt give me way and this only when he/she can definitely move to the side and let me pass..ME TOO
4. Don't encourage beggars (especially kids) and at-the-signal vendors..Unless they are old.
5. I do overspeed with in the city just for the kicks..At times
6. Don't wear my seatbelt at times..Always wear mine and make sure the passengers are fastened too.
7. Flash my high beams at anyone who's on high beams coming in the opp. side..plus drive into them and if they still dont get it, stop and ask if their low beam doesn't work or they dont know how to use it.
8. Sometimes am not courteous to pedestrians with traffic breathing down my neck...Always stop and let them pass.
9. Look like I'm in a hurry when travelling long distances, I do say I am a careful driver and dont take too many risks but am reckless at times..especially when I get bogged down due to numerous idiotic people who will drive in the right lane with the same speed of the bullock cart in the left lane.
10. Will stall my car and pretend i cannot get it started again if the zombie behind me starts to honk one millionth of a second after the light has turned green.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 15:05   #134
Senior - BHPian

Default My worst habits on the road.

The thread - Have people lost it? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ople-lost.html (Have people lost it??), particularly a few posts containing great advice by aaggoswami, nitin and V-16 set me thinking.

We have several threads here about what gets our goat (mod-jobs, driving customs etc.). I have found some rare nuggests of perceptive introspection from some of our members hidden away in them, but have not come across a thread inviting members to instrospect on their own failings. Perhaps, if each of us looked at ourselves and kept track of what we do on the road, we would become better drivers and persons.

Let me set the ball rolling by settting out my 5 worst habits on the road.

1. Starting off and then putting on my seat belt, putting on my headphones and connecting them to the phone, all this is done while driving. (Very often)

2. Being short tempered and losing my patience with other road users. Often honking or gesticulating to show my displeasure. (Frequently)

3. Moving back to high beam if the oncoming chappie does not dip his lights. (sometimes)

4. Not looking in my rear view mirror(s) often enough. (Rarely)

5. Putting off servicing my vehicles or attending to minor repairs. (Once the brakes on my P.Padmini failed due to this and it kinda cured this habit.)

I am sure my passengers and others who have seen me drive can add to these. If so please feel free to add.

Cheers and happy driving.
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 16:50   #135
BHPian

Nice thread Raveendra - You are right. I think - this applies to most of the people - At least to me.

Somethings we need to change - somethings others need to change

If you don't change, Do not expect Others to change

or else - Change and make others change
sbala is offline   Reply With Quote