Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 29th August 2011, 19:05   #16
BHPian

Default Re: How to deal with the adolescent driver/ rider.

i grew up in Muscat, Oman. i have a great love cars and used to always burn from the inside about not being allowed to drive my parents. even after i was driving age, my folks decided not to let me drive there. it was at this time that my friends would get cars and ask me to make a go at it in the dead of the night.

as was pointed out, my upbringing did not allow me to take the wheel even them, at an adolescent age....

btw, there was a reason for this... the punishment for getting caught driving was me getting compulsory jail for 3 days coupled with cancellation of my dads work visa.

is there anything of the sort here in india? no! theres your problem...
naturaldisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2011, 19:11   #17
Zed
BHPian

Default Re: How to deal with the adolescent driver/ rider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
]No brownie points for making out the fact that he walked away, bribing the policemen[/i]

At the end of the day, I look silly being a BHPian and watching all these stuff!

PS: I'm a Class XII Biology student.
Don't despair my young friend friend. Even us 30-something folk feel dejected when we witness the nonsense that passes off for 'driving' in India. The best we can do is refrain from imitating these idiots and spreading awareness regarding safe driving at every possible opportunity.
Zed is offline   Reply With Quote