Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 4th October 2013, 12:55   #16
BHPian

Arrow Fix The Potholes In Bangalore

There is a petition in www.change.org - 'Fix The Potholes In Bangalore'

I am really not sure the effect of such online petitions but FWIW I have signed it.

You can access the petition from here:

http://www.change.org/en-IN/petition...share_petition

Quote:
Thousands of potholes on the city roads have made commuting impossible. They cause accidents, traffic jams and are a serious danger to citizens.

Efforts to fix the roads have been half-hearted and ineffective. What’s worse is that every year several thousand crores of tax payers’ money is spent on maintenance of roads. Yet the BBMP has not been able to provide us with good roads. Government's apathy is hitting citizens and their convenience, day-to-day productivity, and lives in general.

As a concerned citizen, I believe it is time to end this menace. That’s why I started this petition on Change.org asking the Bangalore Mayor Venkatesha Murthy and Commissioner of Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP), Lakshmi Narayana to take immediate action to fix the potholes in the city.

If thousands of us from Bangalore sign this petition, we will be able to build enough pressure on the BBMP Mayor and Commissioner to take this civic issue very seriously.

With strong public demand, we will have a stronger case to demand a pothole free Bangalore from its authorities. Sign my petition
@Mods, not sure if this is the right forum to post this. Please move if necessary
rajesh1868 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 14:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fix The Potholes In Bangalore

Nice Initiative. Just now Signed up the petition.
Hope someone listens.
Soumyajit9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 14:05   #18
BHPian

Good inititative ! Someone please correct me if im wrong, what is also needed is a PIL to understand where is all the amount collected as Road tax going towards maintenance of roads, with Karnataka having some of the highest if not the highest rate of tax on new vehicles.

Filling potholes is a temporary fix, there are many roads which needs reinforcement of the supporting layers to prevent reocurrence of such issues.
nirmaljusdoit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 14:35   #19
BHPian

One certainly needs to know where "crores" of rupees are going that's collected by us? The roads are definitely a mute testament to the money siphoned off by our governance system!

Systematically roads are "done up" before an election, post which no one cares how it turns into.

As a respected automotive forum I think we have to do/contribute something and make this happen
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 16:26   #20
BHPian

Hey, Signed up! As rajesh1868 says above, don't know the impact of such petitions. If even traveling on these roads can't make the people responsible do something, I wonder whether the petition will. Do their cars travel in air?
Hoping for the best.
aneezan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 16:31   #21
Team-BHP Support

On a similar note, there's one for Hyderabad as well; highlighted on the home page of Change.org.

Repair & ensure ongoing maintenance of Roads in Hyderabad

/Please delete if invalid - Hyderabad/Bangalore.
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 10:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: If they can't, we can. Filling potholes in Bangalore.

The notorious Bangalore potholes claim a child's life today. The infant was on a motorbike with her uncle and mother.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/bangalore...65-62-129.html

The article says the BBMP officials could be made accountable but will such a thing ever happen in our country?
wilful is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2016, 11:11   #23
BHPian

Default Re: If they can't, we can. Filling potholes in Bangalore.

Reviving this old thread after years. Does anyone know of an NGO that can do something about this Pothole Menace? I mean, I don't mind contributing both, physically and monetarily to help fill up the potholes in the city. Is there any NGO in other city in India that actively fills up the potholes?
creative420 is offline   Reply With Quote