Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 2nd March 2006, 00:39   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default Another tbhpians car met with an accident at the same time !!!

Well just forgot to add this part .. As the news of the accident reached anush , v1p3r they came within no time .. So the next thing what we did was to transfer my ICE setup .. In the meantime as i was explaining to the cops what exactly happened , i saw a indica literally come to a halt in the centre of the road watching the extent of damage on my car .. A omni which was doing insane speeds way over 80km/hr didnt notice the indica coming to stop , got too close to it and had to panic swerve .. The omni went into a wild slide , fishtailing ever so badly and hit a car .. It was a few seconds before we realised that the omni had actually hit v1p3r's baleno .. The entire right fender was gone .. The impact was that severe .. On imapct with the baleno the omni came back straight onto the road and zoomed off .. Had the baleno not been parked there he would have certainly hit the truck parked head on and would have led to severe consequences ..

V1p3r with a jack in his hand , anush and suhas tried following the omni guy in the baleno but lost him in the traffic ... Had they caught him trust me he would have been hospitalised , he literally put a lot of lives on risk at that moment (did i mention that there were people standing a few feet away from where he crashed) .. The cops on seeing the situation didnt even bother to take action , but just passed it off saying " this is usual nothing to worry about'' .. Its only later we realised how badly the blue boys baleno was damaged .. That made our day only worse .. v1p3r im really sorry that ur vehicle got hit while trying to help us out ..

Hey guys , thanks for all the warm wishes .. Hope this serves as a lesson to all those who dont wear seatbelts .. Seatbelts are meant to save lives , they just saved us from a near to certain death .. So pls buckle up .. I thank tbhp , v1p3r and psycho for inculcating this habbit into me right from my 1st meet .. I for one never had the habit , and today i must say i live just for what they have done ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 2nd March 2006 at 00:43.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 02:08   #47
Awaiting Email Confirmation

really sorry to hear what happened to your car buddy.its really misfortunate for that to have happened but im glad you got out of it unhurt.
lancer_mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 08:33   #48
Senior - BHPian

Can we as a community print stickers saying
" T-BHP encourages you to maintain a 4 second gap [ if you haven't heard of it what are you doing with a licence? ] "

It could help spread *some* awareness - I'll happily put it on my car and helmet too.

This may prevent a few such incidents - and esp the one with the Omni - thats lousy irresponsible driving.

(Perhaps in vernacular too)

Parallely - should also try and co-ordinate with top cops to sensitise their force to the concept of defensive driving including :
* margins and not maintaining that being rash
* the big vehicle is not always wrong, even if a schoolgirl is killed
* insurance rules and transparent application of the same
* mob control

Last edited by zenx : 2nd March 2006 at 08:37.
zenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 08:47   #49
BHPian

Feel really sorry to hear all these. Any way glad that you have come out unhurt. All the very best mclaren.
sivadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 09:07   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
v1p3r im really sorry that ur vehicle got hit while trying to help us out ..
Hey no problem. Just let me know if you see the Omni guy anywhere. Me and my friend Jack would love to chat him up a bit.

Luck and a little help from above means the two of you are in a position to drive, and talk about your experience. Here's to new experiences, and better quarter-mile times!
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 09:32   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Hey no problem. Just let me know if you see the Omni guy anywhere. Me and my friend Jack would love to chat him up a bit.
V1p3r, sorry to hear about your fender. If you insist on making your friend jack speak, I suggest you target his Omni rather than the driver. That too only if he refuses to apologize and pay for your repairs. Initiating violence is the worst thing to do, you must use it only as self defence, that too as last resort.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 10:26   #52
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Welcome back...given by the facts that it was a Zen, the other party was a truck and the outcome was you people managed to walk away from the crash...I guess you both will now live well upto see your great-grandchildren (and a possible replacement for M800 from MUL).

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 2nd March 2006 at 10:27.
sandeepmdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 10:38   #53
Joz
BHPian

Oh Damn!! You did tell me the car was totalled, but i never imagined it to be this bad. But come to think of it, this is better than less damage on the car and more on the two of you. Good that u guys had buckled up.

For all those who think seat belts are only for the highways and high speed driving, think twice people, you never know when disaster strikes!!! I say this because, i keep fighting about this when i travel with others.

v1p3r, i agree the Omni guy was a jack-ass, but don't let yourself be one!!
Joz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 12:41   #54
BHPian

Shucks, didnt know the accident was so bad. Glad that you guys are safe.

@ V1p3r - Sorry about your baleno.

At the end of the day, nothing changes. Rash driving goes unchecked, police shrug their shoulders. I know how painful it is to get your car smashed up. Really painful!

Last edited by Harrie : 2nd March 2006 at 12:43.
Harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 15:20   #55
Team-BHP Support

not much to add. good that you are all safe and relatively unhurt.

V1p3r, that is really bad luck. But there is little you can do.

Hope that you gusy get your rides back soon. I know Mclaren has a thread about a replacement car. Have you got your car fixed yet?
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 16:22   #56
BHPian

Mclaren, my condolences for losing your first love, if i can call it that.
Yours was a sweet sounding car for sure, i mean the hertz setup.
Good to know you and psycho lived through it to tell the tale.
And yes seatbelts are the single biggest safety invention in a car.
I hope this experience serves as a remider to all those dick heads who smirk on people wearing seat belts.

Conan
Conan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 16:54   #57

This explains the importance of seat belts...

Before Joining T-Bhp, I didn't care about seatbelts while driving....

But, I made a point from last month to wear the seat belts and insisting my wifey to wear them also...

Last Saturday, While i was driving in Adyar, One moron in CBZ didn't realise I was braking and hit my santro's rear bumper very hard.

He ended up with broken nose and bleeding mouth. - No Helmet....

Thanks to T-Bhp for urging the importance of seat belts... if the impact is at very high speeds, I would have broken the wind shield...
kuppan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 19:58   #58
BANNED

Default Latest update on the zen ...

Just came back from the showroom .. The salvage guys came and picked up the car in the very same condition for 2L .. They paid 1.5L on taking the delivery of the car and the RC book .. Got the transfer papers signed .. The other 50k will be paid once the hypothecation letter is cancelled and on handing over that letter to the buyer .. Plus the insurers will be giving a cheque of 1.03L by next week , thereby making the total loss claim to 3.03L .. The IDV being 3.54L ..

It was really heart braking to see my 1st love in that condition yet again , and moresoever to know that another wannabe racer picked it up so that he could do up the car and use it .. Im expecting that car to do wonders in the 1L class if at all it comes to the strip .. That certainly was the fastest STOCK zen that any of us have seen in our lives .. Not to mention the sweetest sounding SQ setup too .. I will certainly miss her ..

However things got a bit cheerful for me as i just booked a new baleno lxi and will be getting the delivery by tomorrow .. Will put up the details on another thread ..

Once again would like to remind all of us here to PLS BUCKLE UP !!!!!!
Old 2nd March 2006, 21:32   #59
BANNED

Default A big shout out to RNS Motors bangalore !!!!

Ever since the RNS guys got my zen repaired after reading the initial blues i had through the forum i must say i have been at the receiving end of some excellent service .. Be it my regular services , offers for cars for friends and family , etc etc .. I for one would recommend RNS Motors to anyone whose interested in buying a car .. When it comes to the better dealers from my personal experience i say there are doing an excellent job ..

A special thanks to Mr.Patil, GM (M&S) RNS for taking up the brilliant initiative of getting my zen repaired when all seemed lost for me .. Sir hats of to u , not many would have done what u did .. Even when my car was totalled i got complete co-operation from the guys .. From getting the car towed to the showroom from the accident spot in no time , to making the estimate , to the paperwork , and lastly towards the insurance claim these guys played a major role and very good at that .. Inspite of having a few issues with the insurers , due to the timely inteveneance of Mr.Patil i got all the issues sorted out pretty easily .. Sir once again i would like to thank u for all the calls made to the insurers to look into the issue of total loss .. Today im a happy bloke and i owe it all to u guys .. This only makes me want to go to them again and again if i were to buy a maruti ever ..

A special thanks once again to Patil sir , Mr. Umesh Hegde , Mr. Shreedhar Shetty and all the others who have directly or indirectly helped me with the various issues ... Keep up the good work guys , ur name is only bound to spread for the better with such good initiatives ..

PS : Patil sir thanks for the big favour with the zen thing .. If ur reading this , need one more favour , how about giving me the the fog lamps that i asked for ..
Old 2nd March 2006, 22:09   #60
BHPian

Thats nice of Mr Patil to help you out.Never had any dealings with RNS Motors till now but in the future if ever i think of a maruti then i guess i know where2head.Still remember how u used to tell me that the people at RNS were taking care of all your work.Really glad that RNS guys have come fwd and helped in such a manner .. Its really nice to see this kind of intiatives being taken .. hats off to the guys
princezahed is offline   Reply With Quote