Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2007, 11:36   #181
Senior - BHPian
 
Maverick5490's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,249
Thanked: 591 Times
Default

Hey guys. saw a gruesome accident yest on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.. a Lexus/Land Cruiser was charred to death.. The occupants managed to escape in time.. bystanders say it hapened all of a sudden while driving.. happened just opposite the food mall..







The car was destroyed within 15 mins..
Maverick5490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2007, 11:47   #182
Senior - BHPian
 
ramie2400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,900
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

ohhh man may be because of some faulty wiring the car might have caught fire
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2007, 12:36   #183
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,824
Thanked: 9,435 Times
Default

Saw this on the MG Road / St Marks Road Junction. Looks like it happened early morning.






Last edited by ajmat : 4th March 2007 at 12:42.
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2007, 14:07   #184
Senior - BHPian
 
sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,550
Thanked: 782 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Hey guys. saw a gruesome accident yest on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.. a Lexus/Land Cruiser was charred to death.. The occupants managed to escape in time.. bystanders say it hapened all of a sudden while driving.. happened just opposite the food mall..
The car was destroyed within 15 mins..
OMG! Thats a pretty major fire. How on earth did it happen to a reliable Toyota/Lexus? The occupants were real lucky it seems to have realised what was happening in time to escape.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2007, 10:43   #185
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,598
Thanked: 6,093 Times
Default

On the expressway in January. Happened 3 minutes before I crossed it. The guys hit the spare wheel mount and dislodged the entire mounting !!! The occupants just walked out from the car without any injuries. The car was a complete wreck.

moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2007, 14:42   #186
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,518
Thanked: 1,230 Times
Default

Gosh.... the skoda's front is completely ripped. Is that lump ahead, the engine?
Man i am impressed, such a huge shunt and the driver's door and front pillars are still intact.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2007, 14:58   #187
BHPian
 
horsepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 281
Thanked: Once
Default

Did it hit the spare wheel mount of the truck in picture?? Does it carry so much weight to do this to skoda??
horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2007, 15:00   #188
Senior - BHPian
 
faithless_1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,517
Thanked: 184 Times
Default

Quote:
The occupants just walked out from the car without any injuries.
wow...well another proof of skoda`s great built quality.!
faithless_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2007, 16:24   #189
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,598
Thanked: 6,093 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Gosh.... the skoda's front is completely ripped. Is that lump ahead, the engine?
Man i am impressed, such a huge shunt and the driver's door and front pillars are still intact.
Yes the lump is a part of the engine. I dont remember well since it was taken in January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Did it hit the spare wheel mount of the truck in picture?? Does it carry so much weight to do this to skoda??
Yes it hit the spare wheel mount of the truck in picture and it dislodged the complete assembly which is welded onto the chasis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
wow...well another proof of skoda`s great built quality.!
The occupants were slightly frightened and that was it. Everyone was as safe as they would be when the walked inside the car!
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 17:17   #190
BHPian
 
caroholic1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 408
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Saw this Accent on holi. Got this pic from a friend.


Last edited by caroholic1 : 6th March 2007 at 17:32.
caroholic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 19:54   #191
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,022
Thanked: 454 Times
Default

This is what happened in Delhi Yesterday. Supposedly drunk and high speed driving. Doing over 90kmph in city road and rammed into a mini bus. Unfortunately 3 people died.

Last edited by DCEite : 6th March 2007 at 19:55.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 20:12   #192
BHPian
 
sreenivass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore India
Posts: 872
Thanked: 6 Times
Default 90 KMPH on city roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite View Post
This is what happened in Delhi Yesterday. Supposedly drunk and high speed driving. Doing over 90kmph in city road and rammed into a mini bus. Unfortunately 3 people died.
90 KMPH in the city is asking for trouble, drunk driving on top of that is perfect recipe for disaster. It would be impossible for front seat occupants to survive in such a terrible crash. What is the car model, looks like one of the tall boys. Whatever caused it, may their souls rest in peace.
sreenivass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 20:14   #193
Senior - BHPian
 
Godfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore / Atlanta
Posts: 1,387
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
. What is the car model, looks like one of the tall boys. Whatever caused it, may their souls rest in peace.
From the front rims and the back door.. looks like a maruti 800 / Wagon R.. but definately a maruti product

Godfather

Last edited by Godfather : 6th March 2007 at 20:15.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 20:42   #194
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,389
Thanked: 19,143 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
From the front rims and the back door.. looks like a maruti 800 / Wagon R.. but definately a maruti product

Godfather
Yup it is the WagonR. you can make out from the seats, rear quarter glass and remains of roof rail.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 20:43   #195
Senior - BHPian
 
drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,469
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

thats nasty, its a wagon r.

Drifter
drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
India tops global list of deaths in road accidents anujmishra The Indian Car Scene 84 19th November 2016 16:47
Road Accidents in Dubai - Pics Steeroid Shifting gears 143 28th April 2015 17:39
India to use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube to reduce fatal accidents mithun The Indian Car Scene 24 30th September 2009 16:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks