Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2016, 10:17   #19726
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 143
Thanked: 252 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Delhi: Loaded dumper overturns and crushes a car near IIT flyover, 3 grievously Injured
In all probability, the dumper was overloaded, driven on pothole ridden roads with unskilled driver for such a large vehicle.
Perfect recipe for disaster, three souls paid the price for no mistake of their own
Acharya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 10:23   #19727
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: villupuram
Posts: 274
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

Yet another accident I came across today morning while coming to workplace.
Government bus and a fully loaded truck head on collision. The driver sides of both were mangled badly. Couldn't take pic because police and rescue personnel were channeling traffic and it won't be right stopping there or slowing down against their directions. Post pongal celebrations have started in tamilnadu villages ,atleast in my area with hoardes of two wheelers and people moving about in the 2 laned NH,chatting,spitting,and doing all kinds of tactics.
P.s: spitting I mentioned because of the experience with a guy spitting some food remnants and groundnut peels on my bonnet sitting high up in a van.
printh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2016, 14:24   #19728
Zed
BHPian
 
Zed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 456
Thanked: 256 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
Saw this video on youtube. Shows two aspects of a car crash. In the later part, one can see people using mobile phones.
Also shows the whiplash effect even in seemingly low speed crashes. Without head/neck restraints the injuries would be far more severe. Id really classify this video as educational
Zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2016, 22:58   #19729
BHPian
 
n_naik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 154
Thanked: 118 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Five adults and one infant lost their lives. Wonder what actually went wrong. Crashing into a culvert resulted in all these lives being lost. What a waste.

http://www.thenewsminute.com/article...-pradesh-37834
It happened at 02.30 am. I guess the driver dozed off probably at high speed. Probability of accidents is more between 2am-5am (sleep inducing time). People should avoid driving at those timings to avoid falling asleep and eventually crashing into something.

Last edited by n_naik : 21st January 2016 at 22:59.
n_naik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 00:08   #19730
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 472
Thanked: 417 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Five adults and one infant lost their lives. Wonder what actually went wrong. Crashing into a culvert resulted in all these lives being lost. What a waste.

http://www.thenewsminute.com/article...-pradesh-37834
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
It happened at 02.30 am. I guess the driver dozed off probably at high speed.
The above link/article shows a rolled over BMW in the picture which is not related to this incident.
A video link on youtube showed an Indigo Manza crashed directly into the concrete culvert divider. Haven't posted the link as the video is extremely graphic.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 22nd January 2016 at 00:13.
for_cars1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 01:04   #19731
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,250 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

The road on that stretch does not have any pot holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
In all probability, the dumper was overloaded, driven on pothole ridden roads with unskilled driver for such a large vehicle.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 01:48   #19732
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 55
Thanked: 42 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
It happened at 02.30 am. I guess the driver dozed off probably at high speed. Probability of accidents is more between 2am-5am (sleep inducing time). People should avoid driving at those timings to avoid falling asleep and eventually crashing into something.
I always felt the part of highway between Kurnool and Dhone, about 20-30 KM from Dhone is eerie. I had two close shaves in that particular region. This Manza accident happened in the same region.
chevyman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 07:44   #19733
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,695
Thanked: 1,640 Times
Default

Eerie = all the stuff you get in Ramsay Brothers horror movies? Crumbling haveli on the side of the road, old man who warns you not to drive there after night etc? Or is it simply a lonely stretch of road with sharp corners, sudden potholes etc that don't make it good to drive at night?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 09:45   #19734
Senior - BHPian
 
SunnyBoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mysore / B'lore
Posts: 1,449
Thanked: 2,179 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Mercedes SLS AMG driver hits 5 people sleeping on the pavement

http://www.ndtv.com/mumbai-news/spee...6?via=whatsapp
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 10:24   #19735
Senior - BHPian
 
rajeev k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Emerging Metro
Posts: 3,296
Thanked: 1,689 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Mercedes SLS A MG driver hits 5 people sleeping on the pavement
The white convertible, with a Jharkhand number plate, reportedly drove over a pavement, crashing into a Toyota car. The driver, Amin Khan, reportedly fled the spot but was later arrested.
source: Rediff
Attached Images
 
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 16:11   #19736
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 55
Thanked: 42 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Eerie = all the stuff you get in Ramsay Brothers horror movies? Crumbling haveli on the side of the road, old man who warns you not to drive there after night etc? Or is it simply a lonely stretch of road with sharp corners, sudden potholes etc that don't make it good to drive at night?
Obviously "all the stuff you get in Ramsay Brothers horror movies? Crumbling haveli on the side of the road, old man who warns you not to drive there after night etc"
chevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 16:29   #19737
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,695
Thanked: 1,640 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
Obviously "all the stuff you get in Ramsay Brothers horror movies? Crumbling haveli on the side of the road, old man who warns you not to drive there after night etc"
Er, you're serious, aren't you? You actually believe that stretch of highway is haunted?
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 16:35   #19738
BHPian
 
Shanmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 94
Thanked: 32 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

A majority of these seem to have happened with probably cruise-control activated. I tried using it a couple of times on the NH4, and it has always scared me.. the constant speed that the vehicle tries to maintain irrespective of the terrain. It is artificial(It is meant to be so). Driving is more of a tuning-in with the other elements on the road. You see an '!' somewhere ahead of you and you lift your feet off the accelerator marginally. Vehicle starts reducing speed. Once the '!' is clearer, there is time enough to push the pedal back or apply brakes and evade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
Saw this video on youtube. Shows two aspects of a car crash. In the later part, one can see people using mobile phones.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd January 2016 at 17:22. Reason: Removing video from the quoted post.
Shanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 16:50   #19739
BHPian
 
arvind71181's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TN-14
Posts: 730
Thanked: 682 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanmd View Post
A majority of these seem to have happened with probably cruise-control activated. I tried using it a couple of times on the NH4, and it has always scared me.. the constant speed that the vehicle tries to maintain irrespective of the terrain. It is artificial(It is meant to be so). Driving is more of a tuning-in with the other elements on the road. You see an '!' somewhere ahead of you and you lift your feet off the accelerator marginally. Vehicle starts reducing speed. Once the '!' is clearer, there is time enough to push the pedal back or apply brakes and evade.
OT:: Agree with you, it can be quite unnerving at times when inspite of an incline and no accelerator input, the same speed is maintained . I have never got the courage to use the CC for more than a km at a stretch. Guess it is a matter of getting used to
arvind71181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2016, 17:03   #19740
BHPian
 
virgopal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore,Mysore
Posts: 183
Thanked: 77 Times
Default re: Pics: Accidents in India

Four women and a child sleeping on a pavement were injured as a speeding
Mercedes car ran over them in Mumbai early Friday, police said here.

The driver of the vehicle was reported absconding as the police made investigations.

The five were rushed to Sir J.J. Hospital for treatment.

The speeding Mercedes rammed into two other vehicles before climbing on the pavement and running over the persons sleeping near Masjid Bunder.

However, the police managed to trace the driver and have detained him for hit-and-run accident
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle8138556.ece
Attached Images
 

Last edited by virgopal : 22nd January 2016 at 17:06.
virgopal is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
India tops global list of deaths in road accidents anujmishra The Indian Car Scene 84 19th November 2016 16:47
Road Accidents in Dubai - Pics Steeroid Shifting gears 143 28th April 2015 17:39
India to use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube to reduce fatal accidents mithun The Indian Car Scene 24 30th September 2009 16:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks